This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By tlmirkes (Tim Mirkes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
So, forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere; a search of keywords in the forums did not turn up an answer to my question. Which is:

Can an Exocomp staff a ship alone (like the Runabout, U.S.S. Yangtzee Kiang, U.S.S. Danube, or U.S.S. Rio Grande)?

Maybe my Trek Sense is getting in the way of my game sense, but I had a moment of fogginess when thinking about it. I feel 99% confident in a "yes" answer, but can someone please set that 1% doubt to rest for me?
Ambassador
By rsutton41 (Ryan Sutton)
 - Ambassador
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
I love the thought of like 6 runabouts flying around the space line all being staffed with Exocomps.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
rsutton41 wrote:I love the thought of like 6 runabouts flying around the space line all being staffed with Exocomps.
It would be an incredibly efficient way for the Federation to explore the galaxy!

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
frakkingoff wrote:
rsutton41 wrote:I love the thought of like 6 runabouts flying around the space line all being staffed with Exocomps.
It would be an incredibly efficient way for the Federation to explore the galaxy!
Not to mention somewhat more realistic than sending a ship full of civilians out there but... it would make for far less interesting TV, I suppose.

Exocomps: The Uber drivers of the future!

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
frakkingoff wrote:
Richard Daystrom had the same idea and look how that turned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
This thread has me thinking about the parts of "Measure of a Man" talking about how mass produced Datas would basically end up a slave race.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:This thread has me thinking about the parts of "Measure of a Man" talking about how mass produced Datas would basically end up a slave race.
At least until they revolt and go off to establish their own civilization, not to be heard from for a generation until they unleash a first strike to cripple our military, leaving us defenseless to their conquest, except for a lone starship that escapes.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Not_always_but_often wrote:
EHCCGPP wrote:This thread has me thinking about the parts of "Measure of a Man" talking about how mass produced Datas would basically end up a slave race.
At least until they revolt and go off to establish their own civilization, not to be heard from for a generation until they unleash a first strike to cripple our military, leaving us defenseless to their conquest, except for a lone starship that escapes.
So if I'm picking up the reference correctly...

Exocomps today --> Cylons tomorrow?

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Give the exocomps a medal of honor now and then, and they do it for free as if they where no slaves. worked in real life armys now and then.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Really they should be ANIMAL classification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:Really they should be ANIMAL classification
Yeah, but they predate that classification by a few years.

What we should actually do is abolish all the weird rules about ANIMALs and just let them staff ships and attempt missions and stuff by themselves. :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:

What we should actually do is abolish all the weird rules about ANIMALs and just let them staff ships and attempt missions and stuff by themselves. :)
I know John Corbett once rescued an entire crew on Abandon Ship! with a Runabout piloted by Alexander Rozhenko and a Targ during a Gencon OTSD event years ago. It was a touching story about a boy and his dog saving the day. :P

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:

I know John Corbett once rescued an entire crew on Abandon Ship! with a Runabout piloted by Alexander Rozhenko and a Targ during a Gencon OTSD event years ago. It was a touching story about a boy and his dog saving the day. :P
This needs to be a novel. Or a painting.
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]