This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10271

Manassters: Manassas Park, VA
Last Year's Attendance: N/A
Last Year's Winner: N/A
Preregistered This Year: Ben Hosp (1649), Brian Sykes (1587), Austin Chandler (1547), DocJedi (1500), Bruce Parrish (1452), Phil Schrader (1451), Alexander Schmitz (1384), Joshua Sheets (1361)
My Prediction: I keep coming back to how much more recent tournament experience Bruce Parrish has over the other players here. I think that'll make the difference.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Benhosp finally gets a win on the literal homefield.

By kingmj4891 (Matthew King)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Brian Sykes

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Congrats to Austin Chandler for going undefeated and winning the 1e Manassters event.

I lost by a turn to BenHosp rocking some serious Starfleet tech. MACOs made up 25% of the field and half of the top 4 spots.

Final standings:
1.) Austin Chandler: [22] [SF] MACO
2.) BenHosp: [22] [SF] Temporal shenanigans
3.) Brian Sykes: [Hir]
4.) Phil Schrader: [22] [SF] MACO
5.) John Corbett: [KCA]
6.) Alexander Schmitz: [1E-TNG] [Fed]
7.) Josh Sheets: [Bor]
8.) DocJedi (Brett): [Fed]

Having seen the [22] stuff first hand, I'm even more sympathetic to Seppel's whining. Even without Wisdom of Surak, there's a lot that the [22] Affiliations bring to the table that is very powerful, bordering on overpowered. I'm not sure what the thought process was when Design started this effort, but It almost feels like all of the advantages of the Delta Quadrant affiliations without any of the now-built-in drawbacks. IMO this is something that needs a meta analysis process that involves close watching as we head into Regional season.

Once again, thanks to BenHosp for hosting Manassters weekend and to John "The Process" Corbett for sponsoring the proceedings.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote:Congrats to Austin Chandler for going undefeated and winning the 1e Manassters event.

I lost by a turn to BenHosp rocking some serious Starfleet tech. MACOs made up 25% of the field and half of the top 4 spots.

Final standings:
1.) Austin Chandler: [22] [SF] MACO
2.) BenHosp: [22] [SF] Temporal shenanigans
3.) Brian Sykes: [Hir]
4.) Phil Schrader: [22] [SF] MACO
5.) John Corbett: [KCA]
6.) Alexander Schmitz: [1E-TNG] [Fed]
7.) Josh Sheets: [Bor]
8.) DocJedi (Brett): [Fed]

Having seen the [22] stuff first hand, I'm even more sympathetic to Seppel's whining. Even without Wisdom of Surak, there's a lot that the [22] Affiliations bring to the table that is very powerful, bordering on overpowered. I'm not sure what the thought process was when Design started this effort, but It almost feels like all of the advantages of the Delta Quadrant affiliations without any of the now-built-in drawbacks. IMO this is something that needs a meta analysis process that involves close watching as we head into Regional season.

Once again, thanks to BenHosp for hosting Manassters weekend and to John "The Process" Corbett for sponsoring the proceedings.
A big shoutout to Ben & John along with everyone who came out. It was great seeing all of you and hope to see you soon at another event.

I echo the same thoughts about the Starfleet era. They remind me of Delta Fed and I don’t think that’s a great thing. Time will tell but I wouldn’t be surprised that the majority of 2018 will show people going for the 22nd era more than any other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Please post your decklists. This will help any Design evaluation process, but more importantly satisfy my curiosity. (I particularly want to see Hosp's deck, since it sounds like some of it's Cold Front-driven.)

Moderator Note (Armus): Detailed discussion about the current meta has been moved to its own thread
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]