This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

-  
Howdy. Wondering if this game mechanic is valid. Lets say I am at my Ferengi Outpost and have this hidden agenda face down. On MY OPPONENTS TURN, if they are moving a ship past my outpost, can I flip the hidden agenda and activate the game text?

2nd question...As it says it targets any non-Borg personnel at this location, does my opponent need to reveal all of their personnel and allow me to choose or do I need to know the personnel present in advance?

Thanks!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Not if they're just flying by. Now if they stop at that location, you can, ON YOUR TURN, reveal Protection Racket and place it on an Opponent's personnel. You can't do it on your opponent's turn since it says once EACH turn instead of once EVERY turn.

See the thread about Birta and Hail for one way to make your opponent actually stop and hang around long enough to make it work for you. It's doable.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Monodaemon wrote:Howdy. Wondering if this game mechanic is valid. Lets say I am at my Ferengi Outpost and have this hidden agenda face down. On MY OPPONENTS TURN, if they are moving a ship past my outpost, can I flip the hidden agenda and activate the game text?
You may activate a hidden agenda at any time, although the problem here is that Protection Racket uses the term "each turn". That means you can use the game text only on the players turn which is referenced on the card, in this case you. Since it is not your turn, you can't use the game text but must wait till it is your turn. Then you might make your request.
Monodaemon wrote: 2nd question...As it says it targets any non-Borg personnel at this location, does my opponent need to reveal all of their personnel and allow me to choose or do I need to know the personnel present in advance?

Thanks!
Since it is your choice which personnel is threatened, your opponent has to tell you which personnel are there, so you can choose.

Caveat: I have a patchy record on rules answers. Whenever I did TD a tournament, most players, including me, found it wise to take my rulings and do the exact opposite, since that seemed always to be the correct answer ;)

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]