This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Is there anything preventing me from using Defend Homeworld on my opponent's turn to download a Security personnel? This obviously assumes that I have DH in play and face up, and I know that it's not a valid response to anything, but can I do it between my opponent's actions?

If not, why not?

Thanks,

-Brian
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Armus wrote:Is there anything preventing me from using Defend Homeworld on my opponent's turn to download a Security personnel? This obviously assumes that I have DH in play and face up, and I know that it's not a valid response to anything, but can I do it between my opponent's actions?

If not, why not?

Thanks,

-Brian
Using Defend Homeworld for its download is a regular action, not an "at any time" or "suspends play" action, and thus this function can only be used on your turn.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote:
Armus wrote:Is there anything preventing me from using Defend Homeworld on my opponent's turn to download a Security personnel? This obviously assumes that I have DH in play and face up, and I know that it's not a valid response to anything, but can I do it between my opponent's actions?

If not, why not?

Thanks,

-Brian
Using Defend Homeworld for its download is a regular action, not an "at any time" or "suspends play" action, and thus this function can only be used on your turn.
:thumbsup:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
That probably explains why nobody has ever tried it before.

I'll say this: the GQ rule is really making me look at the downloads in my deck and how to best economize them. It's almost like figuring out card plays.

Thanks guys! :cheersL:
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0