A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 280 posts
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Just took down an 8 man tournament on Wednesday night using a eKannan/Rey/Padawan blue deck which used "It Binds All Things", "Reaping the Crystal", "Cargo Hold" and "Bestow" to get the heavy blue weapons out for free. It took down a Cad/Phasma, a Jango/Phasma and a Cad/Cienna.

Thinking about Hero Mill or Thrawn vehicles next.

TK

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
Bosskamiura wrote:Just took down an 8 man tournament on Wednesday night using a eKannan/Rey/Padawan blue deck which used "It Binds All Things", "Reaping the Crystal", "Cargo Hold" and "Bestow" to get the heavy blue weapons out for free. It took down a Cad/Phasma, a Jango/Phasma and a Cad/Cienna.

Thinking about Hero Mill or Thrawn vehicles next.

TK
Today I got milled by the Rieekan / Jedi Instructor / Padme Amidala 1-2 in the semifinals leaving me with the total score of 2-2 today. There should be some limits on Buy out and All Quiet On The Front. Before the errata I saw a 12 card Buy Out in Thrawnkar. Today I had to discard 9 cards thanx to All quiet. Definitely NPE, there should be some limits on both of them imho.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
vlasopes wrote: Today I got milled by the Rieekan / Jedi Instructor / Padme Amidala 1-2 in the semifinals leaving me with the total score of 2-2 today. There should be some limits on Buy out and All Quiet On The Front. Before the errata I saw a 12 card Buy Out in Thrawnkar. Today I had to discard 9 cards thanx to All quiet. Definitely NPE, there should be some limits on both of them imho.
I have suffered a 10 card loss to buyout myself. Gotta do quick dmg!

But I agree, there should be a limit. But also, Fair Trade is your friend :)

~D
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Bosskamiura wrote:
Thinking about Hero Mill

TK
I love how cheap the Rieekan Mill is to build ... everyone here gives away commons for free, and the uncommons + dice cards cost me < 15$. I mean I guess some of the cards came from my 2x 2pg which was not cheap, but those cards contribute to many different decks.

I'm well impressed with the way FFG gives away powerful cards in their starters. For Rivals and Legacies I think I'll just buy 2x each starter/draft pack and then buy singles for the rest.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
HoodieDM wrote: I have suffered a 10 card loss to buyout myself. Gotta do quick dmg!

~D
What limit should both mill cards have in your opinion? 5 or 6 would be fair imho.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:
Bosskamiura wrote:
Thinking about Hero Mill

TK
I love how cheap the Rieekan Mill is to build ... everyone here gives away commons for free, and the uncommons + dice cards cost me < 15$. I mean I guess some of the cards came from my 2x 2pg which was not cheap, but those cards contribute to many different decks.

I'm well impressed with the way FFG gives away powerful cards in their starters. For Rivals and Legacies I think I'll just buy 2x each starter/draft pack and then buy singles for the rest.
I tend to agree that it is a cheap deck that is quite competitive. Before the errata I had no problems taking care of Padme and Rieekan before they could do their nasty things in big numbers. After the errata it is harder to finish anyone off before they get shields and enough resources/cards for mitigation.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
vlasopes wrote:
HoodieDM wrote: I have suffered a 10 card loss to buyout myself. Gotta do quick dmg!

~D
What limit should both mill cards have in your opinion? 5 or 6 would be fair imho.
Buyout should be limited to the 6-8 range.

~D

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I wonder what are the TIER 1 decks after the errata. Any suggestions?
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Just won another tournament using eKannan/Padawan/Rey.

Played against eKylo2/Darth Vader[SOR], IG88/Death Trooper, an a mirror match eKannan/Padawan/Rey.

I got 6 packs, 2 Isolation promos, 2 jetpack promos, and 5 damage tokens for winning. $5 buy in.

That's two, first place finishes and one second place finish out of three tournaments. I think this deck is worth looking at guys.

I did see an interesting Jabba/Unkar mill deck that might be worth looking at.

I don't think any deck is Tier 1 right now. It's too open of a field after the erratas.

TK
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
[quote="Bosskamiura]
I don't think any deck is Tier 1 right now. It's too open of a field after the erratas.
[/quote]

It's pretty amazing. Like going back to a time before netdecks were a thing.

My decks are ekannan/padawan/jedi instructor, riekann mill, and when I get to building it, ekylo2 / grievous. All from starters + singles.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Anyone pick up any of the new set, Legacies?

I picked up four booster boxes and 2 of each of the starters. After that, I'm just missing 6 cards. Anyone have them for trade?

1x Greedo
1x Zeb Orrelios
1x Saw Gerrera
1x Kylo Ren's Starfighter
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi's Starfighter
1x Maul's Lightsaber

TK
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote:
Bosskamiura wrote: I don't think any deck is Tier 1 right now. It's too open of a field after the erratas.
It's pretty amazing. Like going back to a time before netdecks were a thing.

My decks are ekannan/padawan/jedi instructor, riekann mill, and when I get to building it, ekylo2 / grievous. All from starters + singles.
Why don't you run Rey1 instead of Jedi Instructor?

TK

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Bosskamiura wrote:Anyone pick up any of the new set, Legacies?

I picked up four booster boxes and 2 of each of the starters. After that, I'm just missing 6 cards. Anyone have them for trade?

1x Greedo
1x Zeb Orrelios
1x Saw Gerrera
1x Kylo Ren's Starfighter
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi's Starfighter
1x Maul's Lightsaber

TK
My extras are Tarkin x2, Moff x2, Saw, Aphra, Zebs Rifle, & Finn.

I need Yoda x2 & Mauls LS x1.

~D
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Bosskamiura wrote: I picked up four booster boxes and 2 of each of the starters. After that, I'm just missing 6 cards. Anyone have them for trade?
Buying this much product and not getting stuff is unthinkable (yes I understand its basic math) ... I'll stick to my starters + singles approach, but honestly destiny is coming a distant (difficult to justify) second to how much I'm enjoying 2e at the moment.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]