A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Hey Team

Does anyone know if Warren Holland, owner of Decipher, knows that his games are still going, 10 years after his company stopped making them?

I know financially we're not doing anything for him, but it may give him some pride knowing that his games have stood the test of time

And does Brad still check in from time to time? Does he know we're still going?

Cheers

Honest

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
More than like. And a cock head Brother in Law who embezzled him

His company still made some great games, and if I were him, I'd like to know if they were still going

Cheers

Honest
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Cyrus, who wrote the Ars Technica article about us, tried to get in contact with Decipher and managed to ring up Cindy Thornburg, who is still listed as President of the company. I assume she let Warren know.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
Honest wrote:
His company still made some great games, and if I were him, I'd like to know if they were still going
Warren Holland would only care if they were still going if he could make money off it. You need better heroes.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:Cyrus, who wrote the Ars Technica article about us, tried to get in contact with Decipher and managed to ring up Cindy Thornburg, who is still listed as President of the company. I assume she let Warren know.
Any more info on that?

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Is Decipher still existing?

The website does not seem to have changed for more than a year or so and there is still some kind of a teaser for a game coming out in 2017.

Everything they tried after the big three (ST, SW, LotR) seemed to have failed.

It's a shame.
Decipher made great games.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dukat wrote: It's a shame.
Decipher made great games.
Big fan of Boy Crazy, huh? :P
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I wrote to Decipher in 2015 about the Klingon Warlords format. I didn't mention anything about the CC specifically, but I got a reply back signed "Warren Holland" and we got the issue resolved.

So I would be stunned if he wasn't aware at some level that all this is still going.

I do hope The Brad checks in occasionally.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I'm sure Warren is aware. I remember someone (can't remember who offhand) letting me know they messaged Warren on Facebook some time ago letting him know we were still out there, and getting a brief but thankful reply.

As for Brad, he occasionally likes and retweets the CC's tweets, so he's definitely still lurking.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
OKCoyote wrote:I'm sure Warren is aware. I remember someone (can't remember who offhand) letting me know they messaged Warren on Facebook some time ago letting him know we were still out there, and getting a brief but thankful reply.

As for Brad, he occasionally likes and retweets the CC's tweets, so he's definitely still lurking.
It was me. I sent him a PM on Facebook in February (2017) to let him know World's was in Orlando last year. His reply in April (2017) was "Keep on playing. :) "
Last edited by T-Ricks on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
T-Ricks wrote:
OKCoyote wrote:I'm sure Warren is aware. I remember someone (can't remember who offhand) letting me know they messaged Warren on Facebook some time ago letting him know we were still out there, and getting a brief but thankful reply.

It was me. I sent him a PM on Facebook in February to let him know World's was in Orlando last year. His reply in April was "Keep on playing. :) "
Very cool, thanks T-Ricks!

Props for letting him know

Honest

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]