A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
jadziadax8 wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:
Armus wrote:You do realize they're speaking in Farenheit, not Celsius, correct? :wink:
Yeah, but it'd be nice if you folks got with the rest of the world so there'd be no translation necessary.
As a physicist, I approve of this statement

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Yeah. In the spirit of that, let's have a global currency. It may wreck the markets but hey, is that such a bad thing?
It's about time we stop being americans, germans, canadians, chinese, koreans, etc and start being HUMANS! Heck even TERRANS, if you wanna go the dark route. But at least we'd be unified.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:
Armus wrote:You do realize they're speaking in Farenheit, not Celsius, correct? :wink:
Yeah, but it'd be nice if you folks got with the rest of the world so there'd be no translation necessary.
As a physicist, I approve of this statement

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
I have a book about political game theory, in which one of the examples was metricization in Canada and what it took for the switch to take in various fields. The field in which it took right away was science, because scientists were already using the metric system in their work and only converted at the end for the reports they had to submit to the government agencies which gave them their grants.
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling […]

When 2E came out, I seem to recall that the idea[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

One last check before I enter the event for the 28[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

I thought this was the intended functionality, and[…]