For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
  • 121 posts

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Unfortunately, not as close as it seems. The problem is the Text.

I originally made this as part of a larger program which would be used to produce High-resolution cards for PDFs with real PDF text, part of the now abandoned project to automatically convert all 2EBC cards to 1E at once. So, the text is all handled in a more complicated way using Point units and the larger template's DPI. The original program could create lower-res card images (to export directly to this site for example) but those would be made as high-res cards with rasterized text and the whole card would be re-sized down.

The 1E Card Maker version I released to the public uses low-res templates to produce low-res JPGs. The Text units have to be converted down to a low res card from the format meant for Hi-Res PDF. I don't know if you noticed, but this actually creates word spacing problems.

So, to complete the low-res 1E Card Maker properly would require reformatting the entire Unit system of the Text. This wouldn't be difficult, but it would be a lot of work redoing the math and burning a bridge for the code being used with my original Hi-Res PDF idea.

Well, that's where it is. This summer I should have more time though, so maybe I can figure it out. What I really want to is to make a modular class which will accommodate all: Hi-Res, Low-Res, PDF Text, and Raster Text.

Tim

By DrNicket
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
How difficult is it to edit the 2e card maker and replace it with 1E graphics and placements?

I'd be willing to volunteer a look if not the full conversion if I had code access.

I love your 2E Maker and would love a 1E version of the same.

Be Well,

DrNicket

EDIT - I just figured out why I couldn't add photos to my 1E cards. They have to be in the singles directory...

Anyway, THANK YOU for the awesome programs, and I hope you or someone else can return to them for improvements and updates.

ADDENDUM - I also just noticed that in the 1E Cardmaker, the Title and Classification fields are displaying in the top left corner for the Borg personnel Affiliation.

By Venona
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Is there a way on the 1E editor that we can have icons on the left side of the card, for [Cmd], [1E-AU], [SCC], et cetera?

Also, can we place the ❖ symbol in the card's name?
Last edited by Venona on Wed May 11, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Apologies for the thread necromancy, but does anyone know where can I find the 2E creator again? I've recently changed machines, and I can't seem to find the 2E Yahoo! 2E Dream Card site anymore. :?

By njr75003
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Forgive me for kicking a "dead horse" topic here, but has any new work been done on either of the Cardmaker programs? In particular, I see the 0.31 Beta of the 2E program is still the newest posted to the YAHOO Group.

By Navypiper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I am actually co-ordinating efforts to produce both an updated 1e creator and an updated 2e creator that will, :cross: hopefully give people the ability to add affiliations to each creator to be able to produce non-Trek cards (like Babylon 5, Warehouse 13, seaQuest, Galaxyquest, etc. for example), as well as Trek affiliations we have been wanting for a while (i.e.: Vulcans, Andorians, Augments, Breen, Gorn, etc.). I will keep you posted and will hopefully have something by the spring.

By njr75003
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
That's cool. One of the main problems I've had doing up the GALAXY QUEST Cards is having to make the Personnel/Ship cards with the old cut-and-paste method, rather than just being able to plug all the info into the CCG Maker. Granted, at this point, with Set 3 complete, I don't know if KoB has plans for a Set 4 or any revisions to the previous 3 Sets that would require Personnel or Ship changes (there was one already in Set 3 to update the game text on the NSEA Protector card, which required C&P to fix). Let me know if you need a beta tester for the 2E version once it's ready!

By yeroentje
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Sorry to reboot an old post on here, but I must say the current STCCG 1E Card Maker is awesome. I just miss the options to create missions and ships. I really hope this will be picked up again. If I could program, I'd try it myself, but unfortunately I can't.

Well thanks for the card maker and I hope this can be brought back to life :thumbsup:

-  
Does anyone know what fonts are used on 1E cards in the following areas?
1- Title;
2- Classification;
3- Lore text;
4- Skills;
5- Stats.
Thank you in advance.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
On the Y! group there very detailed documents about fonts.

Any news one the 1e creator including ships and tactics? Does anyone has the program source? Maybe I'm able to add some more new features.

-  
Please do work on these programs. I love playing around with them, but the options are limited.

Not only are some card types unavailable in the 1E creator, there is no ability to modify the templates themselves in either 1E or 2E. Opening that up (making new backgrounds, card type icons, and card titles usable) would enable so much more with this engine - new affiliations, entire new games, etc.

By kgcarini
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
These are great programs. The 1e still is not complete. Could the continuing committee use their resources to finish and/or improve these programs? Thanks!

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
kgcarini wrote:These are great programs. The 1e still is not complete. Could the continuing committee use their resources to finish and/or improve these programs? Thanks!
I don't think the CC was ever involved with this set of programs and I do know that the CC has a very limited quantity of available IT volunteers

First: One of the new villains Last: Burnham (doin[…]

Temporal Benefactor questions

3) only the regular skills are shared

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]