For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank, the set-building dream card contest!

Normally, each week Nathan will post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s cardlist. Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the cardlist, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the cardlist will become more and more defined, guiding the contests’ choices.

The theme of our set is The Villains of Star Trek. Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when voting. Speaking of voting, as per normal each contestant will vote for one of the previous week’s entries (with the exception that as the contest runner, I will vote ONLY in the case of a tie).

This week's disclaimer: Nathan gave me some instructions - in the event of a tie involving Entry A, he'd vote A to break the tie. In the event (this event) that A wasn't involved, he'd leave it up to me. So, as the tie involved B, D, E, G and H, I assigned each letter a numerical value, and dropped the numbers 1-5 into http://www.random.org.

So, without further ado...

Our winner from last week: GooeyChewie
GooeyChewie wrote: [D] (4) Gift of the Tormentor
Dilemma
Choose one: You personnel are attributes +2 until the end of the mission attempt and your opponent scores 5 points; or lose 5 points.
"We have offered you a gift beyond all other gifts."

Here are our entries for this week:
Entry A wrote: [NA] 0 •Q, Defrocked
Human (no icons)
(no skills)
You may not play this personnel. When this personnel attempts a mission, reveal your personnel involved. When you complete a mission, place this personnel in your hand.
Order – Lose 5 points and reveal this personnel from hand to place him aboard an opponent's ship; that opponent gains command of him.
"I'm not good in groups... it's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent."
Integrity 2 Cunning 10 Strength 2
Entry B wrote: [SF] (1) Terev
[Stf] [Pa] [AU] Tellarite
[SD] Geology [SD] Programming [SD] Treachery
When you play a Punishment card, you may kill this personnel to download a Punishment card.
"All Tellarites are guilty of something." --Major Malcom Reed
Integrity 4 - Cunning 5 - Strength 5
Entry C wrote: [Rom] (4) •Cretak, Accomplice
Romulan
[Cmd] [DS9]
•Anthropology •Diplomacy •Honor •Law •Programming •Science •Security
Senator.
You may play this personnel to Mouth of the Wormhole at cost -2. When this personnel is randomly selected by a dilemma, place her in the owner of that dilemma's brig.
"You are asking me to hand over secret documents!"
INT 6 CUN 5 STR 5
Entry D wrote: [NA] 4 *James Moriarty, Capable of Defeating Data

[TNG] Hologram

Biology, Diplomacy, Geology, Leadership, Physics, Programming, Science, Treachery

Infiltrator. While your opponent's personnel present are attempting a mission, you may return this personnel to his owner's hand to stop the highest Cunning personnel present.

"Why does it frighten you, Holmes?!"

Integrity: 3, Cunning: 11, Strength: 6
Entry E wrote: [NA] (3) •Kurros, Unconventional Spokesperson
Alien
[SD] Acquisition [SD] Intelligence [SD] Law [SD] Telepathy
Order - Look at the bottom card of any player's dilemma pile. You may do this only once each turn.
"There is nothing like a good problem to spark the synapses, is there? To open the mind to new possibilities, new ways of seeing things. Of course, one must always confront self- doubt and fear, but that is a small price to pay for the exhilaration of finding the perfect solution."
Integrity 4 Cunning 9 Strength 5
Entry F wrote: [Rom](4) •Shinzon, Forcing Their Hand
[Cmd] Human
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Engineer, Leadership, Officer, 2 Treachery
Commander: Scimitar. When you play this personnel, your opponent draws a card and then reveals his or her hand. This personnel is cost -1 for each Event and Interrupt revealed.
"And my voice shall echo through time, long after yours has faded to a dim memory!"
Integrity 1 Cunning 6 Strength 6
Please remember to vote for one of these entries in your post, referencing the entry’s letter.

This week’s card is...

Card #10!

Card #10 must come between Gift of the Tormentor (Dilemma - Card #3) and Triskelion Trial (Event - Card #13). This card could be a late-alphabet dilemma, or an early-alphabet event.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Here’s what we have so far:

Dilemmas:

1. Evil’s Plans
Danny wrote: [D] (0) Evils Plans
Your opponent discards a personnel that could be played at his or her headquarters mission from his or her hand. That personnel's cost is added to this dilemma's cost. Unless you have the skills on that personnel, all your personnel are stopped.
"And another thing. These villains always have a trick up their sleeve. Trapdoors, secret weapons."
By Danny
3. Gift of the Tormentor
GooeyChewie wrote: [D] (4) Gift of the Tormentor
Dilemma
Choose one: You personnel are attributes +2 until the end of the mission attempt and your opponent scores 5 points; or lose 5 points.
"We have offered you a gift beyond all other gifts."
By GooeyChewie
10. *in creation*

Event:

13. Triskelion Trial
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (0) Triskelion Trial
Event
Plays in your core. When your dilemma would randomly select three personnel, you may instead choose one eligible personnel. You may do this only once each turn.
"As leader of your people, your spirit seems most indomitable. We suggest you alone, pitted against three contestants of our choosing."
By GooeyChewie
14. Ultimatum
Peers wrote: [Evt] (2) *Ultimatum
To play this event, lose 5 points. Plays on an opponent's mission. When you play this event, name a personnel. This mission may not be completed if that personnel is at this mission.
"There can be no peace... as long as Kirk lives!"
By Peers

Interrupt:

18. I Do Not Take Orders From You!
CaptMDKirk wrote: [Int] I Do Not Take Orders From You!
Interrupt
To play this interrupt, you must command a personnel with 2 Treachery. When your opponent executes one of his or her personnel's order abilities, discard a card from hand to prevent that. That order ability may not be executed until the end of this turn. Remove this interrupt from the game.
"Admiral Dougherty will not be joining us for dinner."
By CaptMDKirk

Missions:

21. Earth, Seat of the Empire
Peers wrote: [H] * Earth, Seat of the Empire
[AQ]
You may play [Pa] [AU] cards and equipment at this mission. At the end of your turn, any non-[Pa][AU] personnel you command are killed unless they have Treachery.
This mission is not attemptable.
--2--
By Peers

Personnel - Borg:

24. Borg Queen, Relentless Pursuer
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Bor] (4) •Borg Queen, Relentless Pursuer
[Cmd] Borg
• 2 Leadership • Officer • 2 Treachery
Commander: Borg Queen's Vessel. When you win an engagement involving this personnel, you may discard the top card of your deck. If it is an event, you may name a skill; randomly select an opponent's personnel involved who has that skill, take command of him or her and place him or her aboard your ship.
"Welcome home."
Integrity 2 Cunning 8 Strength 6
By WeyounsLastClone
33. *in voting*

Ships:

35. Borg Abduction Cube
Peers wrote: [Bor] (7) *Borg Abduction Cube
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Cube
When a [S] dilemma you own of cost 4 or more is revealed, you may remove that dilemma from the game to place this ship from hand at the mission that dilemma was to be faced.
Order- Discard a card from hand to begin an engagement involving this ship. If you win, select an opponent's personnel involved to be beamed to this ship.
Range 10 Weapons 12 Shields 11
By Peers

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote: F. That's some quality wordplay.

[Evt] (0) A Mirror, Twisted
Plays in your core. Personnel you own with the same name as a card on this event gain [AU], are Integrity -1, lose any Honor, and gain Treachery if they did not already have it. If that personnel has 2 Treachery, they lose all Treachery and gain Honor instead.
Order - Place a [Pa], non-[AU] personnel from hand on this event.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Vote E
[Evt] 2 Enraged
Maneuver. Plays in your core. When your personnel is killed by an opponent's card, you may stop your staffed ship to place this event on his or her ship.
Damage - This ship is Range -10. When you have three Engineer personnel aboard, you may stop them to remove this card from the game.
"Full power to the thrusters!!"

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Vote E
[Evt] 3 Followers of The One
Round the cost of your Borg present with your Lore to the nearest multiple of 5. Score that number of points. Destroy this event.
"They had lost their sense of purpose. Well, I gave them their purpose... and they gave me mine."

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Vote: C

My Entry:

[Evt] 2 *Cloaked Fleet

Event

Plays in your core. Your Cloaking Device ships are each Weapons +1 and Shields +1 for each card on this event.
Order: Place your Cloaking Device ship from hand on this event.
Order: Take your Cloaking Device ship on this event into hand.

“Benjamin... there's an entire fleet decloaking out there.”

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote B

[Evt](1) Abrupt Justice
Capture. Punishment. To play this event, you must command a [Car] Law personnel and discard the top two cards of your deck. When there are no personnel in your brig, you may place an opponent's personnel present with your Security personnel in your brig. When there is a personnel in your brig, you may kill that personnel to score 5 points and draw two cards. Remove this event from the game.
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Vote F
[Evt] (5) Ablative Upgrades
Plays on your ship (limit one per ship). While your personnel aboard this ship are facing a Damage dilemma, you may remove this event from the game to prevent and overcome that dilemma.
"We've been unable to stop the Defiant. Someone has equipped her with ablative armor and neglected to inform Starfleet operations."

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
[Evt] (2) Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
Event
Paranoia. To play this event, each of your non-headquarters missions must require Intelligence. Your [Fed] Intelligence personnel may meet Integrity and Strength requirements using Cunning.
"In time of war, the law falls silent. Cicero. So is that what we have become? A twenty fourth century Rome driven by nothing more than the certainty that Caesar can do no wrong!"
New one will be up soon!
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]