For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Thematic Collective Endeavour 2: "Way of the Warrior"

Hi all,

Continuing on from the recent Thematic Specials, here's a different kind of Dream Card challenge. I'll be alternative between 1E and 2E, this times out it's 1E.

Collective Endeavour is about designing cards and working together to create something new. For now that's going to be Dream Card expansions, though I may try something else in the future.

We're going to design a 75 Dream Card expansion for First Edition. I'm going to provide you with a mostly blank cardlist, and a single card that I've designed for it. The challenge will be for us to then fill out the other 74 cards to complete the set, one card at a time.

At the moment the expansion has no theme, just a blank cardlist with “collectors information,” card types and affiliations (where appropriate.) As we go on, the holes (or slots) will gradually be filled in. Themes may form, and one person's card may inspire another person, or they may choose to go off on a completely different path.

NEW!!!: A change from last time is that this time I am giving you a title too. In future I may give a theme, a mechanic or some other specific element for the set, but for this time it's a title. And that title is:

“Way of the Warrior”

The rules are pretty simple:
  • 1. One card per post. You can choose any slot that isn't already filled, so don't feel we have to work through it in any order. I expect we'll probably be jumping around the card types a lot, especially in the early stages.

2. No consecutive posts by the same person. (I want to give everyone a chance to take part, so if yours is the most recent card added please don't add another one until at least one person has posted a card.)

3. Normal forum rules apply (so no NuTrek/JJ-Verse/Star Trek 2011 onwards cards sorry.)

4. Card numbering. Each slot on the cardlist has a number, so please include the number of the slot your card takes when you post. (See my post below for an example) We'll be obeying standard 1E naming/numbering rules, so cards are alphabetical within each category and as we go on this may create situations where a category will only fit cards beginning with certain letters because of the cards already there. Filling the last few slots may prove quite the challenge. :-)

5. If absolutely necessary I'll reorganise the cards within a category, but that's a last resort. If you can avoid creating a situation like needing to find another Non-Aligned personnel whose names begin with Z because you put Zefram Cochrane in the first Non-Aligned slot (slot #52) that would be appreciated... but then again I'm not banning you from doing it either.

6. Multi-Affiliation cards only count for one slot. e.g. Major Rakal is [Fed] or [Rom] but only counts as one card, so does not take up both a [Fed] and a [Rom] slot.
Apart from that, the choice is yours. You'll find the cardlist and my first card in the next post and I look forward to seeing how this develops. Hope you all have fun and any questions feel free to ask.

All the Best

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Important Note:

As you'll see, I've tinkered with the composition of the set from the last 1E one, based on my own observations and community feedback (especially from Karonofborg13. Thanks.) I've lowered the total number of cards a bit, and moved the composition a little more towards “verbs” and away from “nouns.” Also introduced Neutral personnel (for the animal fans.) Please let me know how you find it as the cardlist progresses. Thanks.

The Cardlist

Artifacts (2/2)
1. Hand-held Thalaron Generator
2. M-5 Multitronic Unit

Dilemmas (6/6)
3. Console Overload
4. Data Entry Errors
5. Hunted to Extinction
6. Navigate Asteroid Field
7. Seat On The Senate
8. The Last Ship

Doorways (1/1)
9. Commander's Office Door

Equipment (1/1)
10. Tactical PADD

Events (4/4)
11. Espionage: Federation on Dominion
12. Espionage: Starfleet on Klingon
13. Ferengi Trade Deal
14. New Victories

Facilities (1/1)
15. Cold Station 12

Incidents (4/4)
16. Détente
17. Man of Peace
18. Nature of the Beast
19. This Timeline Must Not Be Allowed To Continue

Interrupts (2/2)
20. After Action Report
21. Only Nixon Could Go To China

Missions (4/4)
22. Engender Extinction
23. Gather Information
24. Perpetrate Hoax
25. Retroactive Continuity Kerfluffle

Objectives (4/4)
26. Assimilate Facility
27. Decimate Colony
28. Eliminate Fleet
29. Plans of Section 31

Personnel – Bajoran (2/2)
30. M'Pella
31. Vedek Porta

Personnel – Borg (2/2)
32. Hawk of Borg
33. Nine of Fourteen

Personnel – Cardassian (2/2)
34. Dukat
35. Yteppa

Personnel – Dominion (2/2)
36. Draz
37. Ubez

Personnel – Federation (6/6)
38. Chef Riker
39. Gary Mitchell
40. Revised Janeway
41. Wendell Greer
42. William Ross
43. Worf

Personnel – Ferengi (2/2)
44. Grand Nagus Rom
45. Grand Proxy Sisko

Personnel – Hirogen (1/1)
46. Kathryn Janeway

Personnel – Kazon (1/1)
47. Chakotay and Kar

Personnel – Klingon (2/2)
48. K'Lon
49. Noggra

Personnel – Neutral (2/2)
50. Chester
51. Tango

Personnel – Non-Aligned (2/2)
52. Aslotoq
53. Colonel Green

Personnel – Romulan (2/2)
54. M'ret
55. Technical Officer Ptol

Personnel – Starfleet (3/3)
56. Henry Archer
57. John Frederick Paxton
58. Private Woods

Personnel – Vidiian (1/1)
59. "Peter Durst" Sulan

Q-Card (1/1)
60. DON'T PROVOKE THE BORG!!!

Ship – Bajoran (1/1)
61. S.S. Xhosa

Ship – Borg (1/1)
62. Gowron of Borg Cube

Ship – Cardassian (1/1)
63. Damar's Attack Ship

Ship – Dominion (1/1)
64. Captured Defiant

Ships – Federation (3/3)
65. Starship Intrepid
66. U.S.S. Bellerophon
67. U.S.S. Lakota

Ship – Ferengi (1/1)
68. Audit's Spoils

Ship – Klingon (1/1)
69. I.K.C. Skral

Ship – Non-Aligned (1/1)
70. Croden's Shuttle

Ship – Romulan (1/1)
71. I.R.W. Decius

Ship – Starfleet (1/1)
72. Captured Cell Ship

Site (1/1)
73. Nog and Jake's Quarters

Tactic (1/1)
74. Ferengi Gas Trap

Time Location (1/1)
75. Asteroid Storage Facility

Ultra-rare diffraction foil bonus cards!! :shifty:

BB1: Negative Magnetic Corridor - Doorway
BB2: ¡Ay, Q-ramba!

Card #43 – Federation Personnel

[Fed] Worf (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.)

[Cmd] Officer

Starfleet Officer. Klingon who sided against Gowron in battle. Not forgiven... or forgotten.
[Does not work with [Kli] affiliation.]

[SD] Security, [SD] Honour, [SD] Anthropology, [DL] Any Tactic
While on your ship or facility, Weapons and Shields +4 against [Kli] (+8 if aboard a facility.)

Integrity: 9, Cunning: 7, Strength: 10
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 23 times in total.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Card #51 - Personnel - Neutral

[Neu] Tango
[1E-AU]
ANIMAL
Male equus caballus. One of two horses Captain Pike owned prior to taking command of the NCC-1701. The Talosians recreated this noble beast in their illusionary construct in 2254.
[SD] While encountering a seed card at a planet mission, this personnel has Diplomacy, Empathy x2, and Honor (if present with a Human.)
INTEGRITY 6 CUNNING 4 STRENGTH 4

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Card #10 - Equipment

[Equ] Tactical PADD

Personal Access Display Device loaded with tactical data for easy reference.

Your Security Classification personnel are Cunning +1, or +3 if they also have Security skill or Leadership skill. You may discard this equipment at start of ship battle to draw an extra Tactic card.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Card #26 - Objective

[Obj] [BO] [HA] Assimilate Facility
Plays on table. Target an opponent's outpost or station. Your Borg may scout that facility. After scouting complete, if your Borg have Computer Skill, ENGINEER, and SECURITY aboard that facility, you may probe: [SCN] , [SCD] : Assimilated. Place on facility. Opponent may download a different facility (or a copy, if ❖ ) to another appropriate location. [35]
Last edited by karonofborg13 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired

[Neu] Chester
ANIMAL
Pet cat of Liam Bilby on Farius Prime. After Bilby was killed during an operation for the Orion Syndicate, Miles O'Brien took Chester to Deep Space 9.
[SD] If present when a personnel dies, opponent takes control of this personnel. [SD] If killed, place in point area. [-10]
INTEGRITY 3 CUNNING 3 STRENGTH 1

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Card #27 - Objective

[Obj] [BO] [HA] Decimate Colony
Plays on table. Target an opponent's non-homeworld mission with a planet facility (that mission may be scouted, regardless of point value and/or non- ❖ status.) OR your planet mission showing less than 35 points. Your Borg may scout that planet. After scouting complete, if you have Borg at that location, you may probe: [SCN] : Settlement eradicated. Place on location. Planet facility here is destroyed (if any.) [30]
Last edited by karonofborg13 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Card #15 - Facility

Cold Station 12
[1E-AU]
Top-secret Starfleet facility jointly operated and staffed by Humans and the Denobulans under the auspices of the Interspecies Medical Exchange.

Plays at 2155 Asteroid Field; may be used by all players' compatible cards. Download Arik Soong. Once per turn, one personnel with "Cold Station 12" or "Augments" in their lore reporting at this location may report for free. (Not duplicatable.)

[SF] Station Shields: 20

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Card #28 - Objective

[Obj] [BO] [HA] Eliminate Fleet

Plays on table. Target a location where an opponent has two or more undocked ships. Your Borg may battle those ships. If you win and have destroyed two or more ships in this battle, you may probe: [SCC] , [SCN] , [SCD] : Wreckage. Place each destroyed ship in your point area, X=2x total weapons of destroyed ships. [BO] : Resistance thwarted. Place out of play each destroyed ship, X=3x highest printed attribute on one of those ships. [X]

By Latrell
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Card #19
[Inc] This Timeline Must Not Be Allowed To Continue (TNG Property Logo)
IMAGE : Guinan and Picard in heated discussion from 'Yesterday's Enterprise"
Seeds on table during the Doorway phase. Each of your non- [1E-AU] personnel, facilities, and ships gain [Orange Nemesis Icon], and are considered native to the spaceline. Your [1E-AU] personnel are considered non-native to the spaceline and my not report to any location on the spaceline. Each [1E-AU] personnel, facility, ship, and equipment located with your [Orange Nemesis Icon] card gains [anti-Orange Nemesis Icon] while not at its native time location. At the end of every turn, one card just killed or destroyed by its nemesis is placed in its opponent's point area (worth 1 point). [Anti-Orange Nemisis Icon Cards placed in your point area are worth 5 points if you have any Guinan in play.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Card #17 - Incident

[Inc] Man of Peace
Plays on a personnel you control. Once per dilemma, when one of your other personnel present is about to be stopped, killed, or deactivated by that dilemma, you may discard a personnel from hand with the same title as this personnel (or a persona) to prevent that and your opponent scores 3 points. If the personnel you discarded was any Chakotay, draw two cards.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Card #2 - Artifact

[Art] M-5 Multitronic Unit (Star Trek.)

[1E-AU] [OS]

Highly advanced computer created by (and based on the memory engrams of) Doctor Richard Daystrom. Capable of beating four starships, but not one captain.

Use as Equipment card. (Unique) While aboard your ship, it is Weapons +4 and Shields +4 for each opponent's ship at this mission. May be discarded by any Kirk present.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Card #16:

[Inc] Détente
[HA] Seeds or plays on table. Reveal after a battle that your opponent initiated against you. Your SHIELDS are doubled. You may counterattack anywhere. If your opponent voluntarily initiates ship battle against you, you may download (even from discard pile) a ship and a leader, who may join the battle.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Card #40 - Personnel - Federation

[Fed] Revised Janeway {Star Trek: Voyager} property logo
[Cmd] [1E-AU] [Holo]
OFFICER
[1E-DQ]
Cold-Blooded Killer. With sinister glee, she commands the Warship Voyager.
[SD] Treachery x2 [SD] SCIENCE [SD] Leadership
[SD] Opposing Anthropology personnel lose that skill while here.
[DL] Nature of the Beast

INTEGRITY 2 CUNNING 8 STRENGTH 6
(Gray bar) conversion
Last edited by karonofborg13 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Card #21.

[Int] Only Nixon Could Go To China
An ancient Vulcan proverb. Peace will only last if it's supported by those who made war.
Target your unique [CF] personnel, or your unique leader who survived a battle. Download an ambassador to replace (discard) them, and also download a treaty.

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the d[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]