For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I knew after doing 1-2 Punch-Up long enough, one of the concepts I have already finished would be used in the actual game. Let’s see how the two versions stack up.

My Version: (off of Ensign Tuvok)
[Fed] 3 •Tuvok
Flashback
Vulcan
[Stf] [TOS] [Pa] [E]
•Astrometrics •Engineer •Exobiology •Physics •Science
While you have not completed a mission, this personnel is attributes +1 and gains Officer.
“My first deep space assignment…”
INTEGRITY 6 CUNNING 7 STRENGTH 7

The Continuing Committee’s Version:
[Fed] 2 •Tuvok
Stolid Ensign
Vulcan
[Stf] [Voy]
•Astrometrics •Law •Officer •Science
You may play this personnel aboard your [TOS] ship.
“Ever since I entered the Academy, I’ve had to endure the egocentric nature of humanity. You believe that everyone in the galaxy should be like you, that we should all share your sense of humor and your human values.”
INTEGRITY 6 CUNNING 6 STRENGTH 7
38 V 29

Notes:
So, I basically decreed that this Tuvok was not going to have the [TOS] and [E] icons on my watch. I hate the [E] icon on those personnel. As has been suggested, maybe Tuvok should be [AU] in our version to explain how he is both, but I think that is an acceptable loss. As is the replacement of my subtitle. Ugh! Flashback was horrible. Stolid Ensign is on the nose, but works for this story. (Plus, Matt and his team are always good at teaching us all new vocabulary words.) My version needed an extra point of cost for the extra Cunning and extra skill. The Cunning on the final version was set at 6 for two reasons: story-wise we suggested that a young Tuvok was not as wise as the adult, but also 7 would have put him over 2 cost. I gave Tuvok Engineer, Exobiology, and Physics, which make sense (very few skills don’t work well for Tuvok), but we ended with Law and Officer (which my version gains) to reflect his present and future. Both abilities are simple. Mine was attached to the subtitle and quote, which attempt and explain his Admiral McCoy-esque ability for himself. The CC’s ability tells less of the story while the quote makes up for the differential.

The number of dilemmas that get put on a ship is[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]