For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I knew after doing 1-2 Punch-Up long enough, one of the concepts I have already finished would be used in the actual game. Let’s see how the two versions stack up.

My Version: (off of Brathaw)
[NA] 1 •Brathaw
Maquis Smuggler
Bolian
[Cmd] [Maq]
•Acquisition •Astrometrics •Engineer •Programming
Smuggler.
Order –
If this personnel is at an opponent’s mission, you may discard a card from hand to make this personnel gain a skill on this mission until the end of this turn. You may do this only once each turn.
INTEGRITY 4 CUNNING 5 STRENGTH 5

The Continuing Committee’s Version:
[NA] 2 •Brathaw
First Mate
Bolian
[Stf] [Maq]
•Anthropology •Diplomacy •Law •Officer
Smuggler.
At the start of your turn, you may discard a card from hand to make this personnel gain a skill required by this mission until the end of this turn.
“This is ridiculous! We have perishable goods in the hold…”
INTEGRITY 6 CUNNING 6 STRENGTH 5
38 V 36

Notes:
That is so weird! How did I guess the final ability so well?! I hadn’t worked on the set yet when The Maquis came out and didn’t know the Smuggling Run was going to be a thing, but I did have his captain, Kasidy Yates, available from which to get ideas. The final version has four of the rarest skills amongst Smugglers (none had Law before now), so the ability to gain a possibly missing skill fit in both instances. I love the quote. I get the feeling he’s thinking on his feet. I didn’t see him as an honorable guy as a Smuggler, but the Maquis part is a bit of a toss-up, depending on how they are seen.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]