For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
Attack of the Drones exists as Transport Drones (Interrupt in this set).

Original:
[P] Exact Change
[1E-AU] Admiral Kirk and Captain Spock found their progress on 20th-century Earth slowed by obscure and archaic financial practices.
To get past requires exactly 50 CUNNING from all Away Team members. May nullify by stopping two personnel (opponent's choice) until end of next turn.
3 V

2E Equivalent:
[Evt] 3 Exact Change
Play on an opponent’s planet mission that requires Anthropology, Diplomacy, or Cunning. When a personnel begins a mission attempt at this mission, his or her owner may reveal each of his or her personnel involved. If any attribute totals exactly 50, destroy this event. Otherwise, you may draw one extra dilemma and spend one extra in total cost on dilemmas.

Notes:
I might have to remember this for the future and pick other skills or attributes and come up with other effects. I like the idea that it makes an opponent make a choice about how they approach a mission attempt. And by my math, it works on about 80% of planet missions.

Next: Beam me up, Maltz!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Should it be an event or a dilemma?

What about...

[P] (4) Exact Change
Place this dilemma on this mission then return all other Exact Change in play to their owners' dilemma piles. All '>' in all requirements to complete this mission are replaced with '='. When this mission is complete, this dilemma is overcome.

Yeah I know, probably too wicked.
 -  
Nate Winchester wrote:Should it be an event or a dilemma?

What about...

[P] (4) Exact Change
Place this dilemma on this mission then return all other Exact Change in play to their owners' dilemma piles. All '>' in all requirements to complete this mission are replaced with '='. When this mission is complete, this dilemma is overcome.

Probably.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:

What about...

[P] (4) Exact Change

Probably.
Ok, "all other Exact Change in play are placed beneath the missions they are on." - that should restrict the tendency to keep things stuck in a perpetual loop.
 -  
Nate Winchester wrote:
The Guardian wrote:

What about...

[P] (4) Exact Change

Probably.
Ok, "all other Exact Change in play are placed beneath the missions they are on." - that should restrict the tendency to keep things stuck in a perpetual loop.
Still harsh. Having to have the right Cunning for Scientific Method, for instance, would be pretty hard.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.