For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I knew after doing 1-2 Punch-Up long enough, one of the concepts I have already finished would be used in the actual game. Let’s see how the two versions stack up.

My Version: (off of Christopher Pike)
[Fed] 3 •Christopher Pike
Noteworthy Captain
Human
[Cmd] [TOS] [Pa]
•Diplomacy •Honor •Leadership •Officer •Security
Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise.
You may play this personnel at cost +2 to make this personnel gain “Each of your [TOS] personnel present is attributes +1” until the end of this turn.
“There’s a way out of any cage, and I’ll find it!”
INTEGRITY 7 CUNNING 6 STRENGTH 6

The Continuing Committee’s Version:
[Fed] 2 •Christopher Pike
Bold Commander
Human
[Cmd] [TOS] [Pa]
•Anthropology •Diplomacy •Leadership •Officer •Security
Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise.
You may play this personnel at cost +1 to draw two cards.
“You either live life, bruises, skinned knees and all, or you turn your back on it and start dying.”
INTEGRITY 6 CUNNING 6 STRENGTH 6
39 V 10

Notes:
Honor for Anthropology, a corresponding dip of Integrity, and a much simpler (and fundamental) ability are the only real substantive changes. My subtitle came from the 1E card (a reverse of backwards conversions of 2E BC cards) and the quote was a simplification of his role in “The Cage.” I think the subtitle of the CC’s is fine, but I love the choice of a quote.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
His ability was complicated in playtesting, so we settled for this proto-TOS ability that mimicked the HQ text. I kinda like it (can essentially play him for free if you think of the 4 counters as drawing 4 cards).
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
CaptMDKirk wrote:His ability was complicated in playtesting, so we settled for this proto-TOS ability that mimicked the HQ text. I kinda like it (can essentially play him for free if you think of the 4 counters as drawing 4 cards).
That's how I figured it too. I like it.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]