For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I knew after doing 1-2 Punch-Up long enough, one of the concepts I have already finished would be used in the actual game. Let’s see how the two versions stack up.

My Version: (off of Worf [First Contact])
[Fed] 4 •Worf
Defiant Warrior
Klingon
[Cmd] [DS9]
•2 Honor •Leadership •Navigation •Officer •Security
Commander: U.S.S. Defiant.
You may play this personnel aboard your [TNG] ship at cost –1.
Order – Kill this personnel to place a Damage card from hand on an undamaged ship at this mission.
“Perhaps today is a good day to die! Prepare for ramming speed!”
INTEGRITY 8 CUNNING 5 STRENGTH 8

The Continuing Committee’s Version:
[Fed] 2 •Worf
Noble Warrior
Klingon
[Cmd] [TNG]
•2 Honor •Officer
Commander: U.S.S. Defiant.
When this ship this personnel is aboard is destroyed, you may place any number of Damage cards your opponents own that were on that ship on an opponent’s ship at this mission.
“Prepare for ramming speed!”
INTEGRITY 8 CUNNING 5 STRENGTH 8
39 V 11

Notes:
I know it’s a little paint by numbers and maybe Creative doesn’t like being tied down by precedence, but I like the description of U.S.S. Defiant Commanders as being “Defiant ???” and kept up with the trend by using an unused description so far: “Warrior.” The CC kept that word, but changed “Defiant” to “Noble,” which is unfortunate (but not as much as the [TNG] Defiant not being subtitled “Tough Little Warship”). I also made Worf the normal 4-cost version with Leadership, Navigation, and Security, but with a 1-cost discount for Picard and his crew. My ability went along with the 2E philosophy of making blowing up a ship a hard thing to do, evidenced by other personnel and events that Damage. I like the ability to simply blow up a ship in the extremely niche situation that an opponent is attacking you. There should be a prize for the first person to use Worf’s text in an actual game. (I once used Roga Danar’s text; it was sweet.) The quotes are a wash. I expanded mine, but the final version’s includes the important part.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
The Guardian wrote:The CC kept that word, but changed “Defiant” to “Noble,” which is unfortunate (but not as much as the [TNG] Defiant not being subtitled “Tough Little Warship”).
The cherry on the 'having it subtitled "Tough Little Warship"' cake would've been the single word lore of "Little?".

Less is more, and I think the CC overdid the one that made it to production.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
The Guardian wrote:The CC kept that word, but changed “Defiant” to “Noble,” which is unfortunate (but not as much as the [TNG] Defiant not being subtitled “Tough Little Warship”).
The cherry on the 'having it subtitled "Tough Little Warship"' cake would've been the single word lore of "Little?".

Less is more, and I think the CC overdid the one that made it to production.
What everyone above said.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
There's a very subtle line between clever and cute... I try not to stray into the cute realm in picking subtitles and lore. There is a place for "Tough little ship" somewhere, I just didn't feel like it was supposed to be the subtitle of the ship. As for Worf, yes he could have been Defiant Warrior, but since this is the second Commander: Defiant version we've seen, I wanted to have him stand apart a little more (also since we don't really see him on the Defiant for more than a minute before he rejoins the TNG crew).

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
CaptMDKirk wrote:There's a very subtle line between clever and cute... I try not to stray into the cute realm in picking subtitles and lore. There is a place for "Tough little ship" somewhere, I just didn't feel like it was supposed to be the subtitle of the ship. As for Worf, yes he could have been Defiant Warrior, but since this is the second Commander: Defiant version we've seen, I wanted to have him stand apart a little more (also since we don't really see him on the Defiant for more than a minute before he rejoins the TNG crew).
One of these days my revolution will come and we're going to get an all unglued set! 8) And it will be cute! And hilarious! With blackjack! And hookers!

[Evt] (0) *Trivia Contest
At the start of each player's turn, that player selects a card in their hand and reads the flavor text. If an opponent can successfully guess the title of that card, he or she scores 1 point. If an opponent can name which episode or movie the flavor text is from, they score 2 points. If that player has no cards in hand or none with flavor text, all opponents score 1 point.
"Is it Khan?"

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Nate Winchester wrote: [Evt] (0) *Trivia Contest
At the start of each player's turn, that player selects a card in their hand and reads the flavor text. If an opponent can successfully guess the title of that card, he or she scores 1 point. If an opponent can name which episode or movie the flavor text is from, they score 2 points. If that player has no cards in hand or none with flavor text, all opponents score 1 point.
"Is it Khan?"
I would totally run Morn and Maihar'du and Uri'lash all in the same deck just to mess with people.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:
"Is it Khan?"
I would totally run Morn and Maihar'du and Uri'lash all in the same deck just to mess with people.
The judges rule it a fair play! Ferengi deck for the win!

Though players would probably figure out they have a 1 in 3 chance of guessing your entry. :P
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Nate Winchester wrote:
GooeyChewie wrote:
"Is it Khan?"

Though players would probably figure out they have a 1 in 3 chance of guessing your entry. :P
Is it fair to pick a card with no room for lore?

Also, the story should be Wesley emphatically stating "That's not Data. That's lore!" (Or something, whatever he says; I'm sure that's not the real quote.)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:
Nate Winchester wrote:
GooeyChewie wrote:I would totally run Morn and Maihar'du and Uri'lash all in the same deck just to mess with people.

Is it fair to pick a card with no room for lore?
That would fall under: "If that player has no cards in hand or none with flavor text"
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]