For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Welcome to Fill in the Blank, the set-building dream card contest!

Each week I will post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s cardlist. Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the cardlist, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the cardlist will become more and more defined, guiding the contests’ choices.

The theme of our set is The Villains of Star Trek. Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when voting. Speaking of voting, as per normal each contestant will vote for one of the previous week’s entries (with the exception that as the contest runner, I will vote ONLY in the case of a tie).

Our winner from last week: Danny! Three in a row!
Danny wrote: [S] (3) Forcefield Failure
Choose one: place this dilemma on your ship at this mission; or all your personnel are stopped.
Damage - This damage card counts as two damage cards.
"Warning. Hull breach on deck one. Emergency forcefields inoperative."

Here are our entries for this week:
Entry A wrote: [Rom] (7) * Scimitar, Enforcing Hand
[Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]
Scimitar-class
Cloaking Device. When a card you just played reveals an opponent's hand, if this ship is staffed and at an opponent's mission, you may chose one of the revealed cards to be discarded.
"The unique properties of Thalaron radiation allow the energy beam to expand almost without limits... it could encompass a ship... or a planet."
Range 9 - Weapons 10 - Shield 10
Entry B wrote: [NA] (4) *U.S.S. Reliant, Vessel of Wrath
[Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]
Miranda Class
[Pa]
If you do not command a headquarters nor a ship, you may play this ship at your completed Ceti Alpha V.
R7 - W6 - S6

Entry C wrote: [NA] 7 •Li'seria, Son'a Flagship
[Cmd] [Cmd] [Stf] Warship Class
While this ship is staffed at Ba'ku Planet, your Son'a personnel aboard may attempt and complete it as a [S] mission for 50 points using these requirements: Astrometrics, Biology, Science, 2 Treachery, Integrity < 30 and Cunning > 42.
"I won't need any more genetic manipulation if our Federation friends will allow us to complete this mission."
Range 9 Weapons 10 Shields 9
Entry D wrote: [NA] (6) •U.S.S. Enterprise-D, "Lynchpin to the Operation"
[Cmd] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Galaxy Class
When you complete this space mission, if your Infiltrator aboard this ship used a skill to complete it, score 10 points.
"Mister La Forge, do we have any record of our current mission?"
"Yes, sir...We've been ordered to cross into Lysian territory and destroy their Central Command. This is it. The nerve center for the entire Lysian military operation."

RNG 8 WPN 8 SHD 9
Entry E wrote:[Fed] 0 *U.S.S. Enterprise-D, One of the Last

[Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]

[TNG] [AU] Galaxy class

To staff this ship, you must have an [AU] [TNG] personnel aboard
This ship requires one fewer damage card to destroy it.
When you complete a [Bor] mission, if this ship is at that mission, score 5 points.

“The Federation's gone! The Borg is everywhere! We're one of the last ships left.”

Range: 8, Weapons: 8, Shields: 7
Entry F wrote: [Kli] (7) •Regency 1, The Regent's Flagship
[Cmd] [Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]
Negh'var Class
[AU]
Cloaking Device. To play this ship, you must command three [AU] personnel and discard a [Kli] personnel from hand. When you complete a mission or win an engagement with this ship, if all personnel aboard are [AU] , you may discard a non- [Kli] personnel from hand to score 10 points.
"I was planning on destroying that station."
Range 10 Weapons 11 Shields 10
Entry G wrote: [Rom] 3 •Raptor One
[Stf] [Pa] Drone Class
When your opponent attempts a mission, you may discard an event from hand to place this ship at that mission.
Order - Choose your personnel at another mission. That personnel is considered to be aboard this ship. This effect lasts until this order is executed again.
Range 6 Weapons 4 Shields 4
Entry H wrote: [Fer] (5) •U.S.S. Stargazer, Charitable "Gift"
[Cmd] [Stf]
Constellation Class
You may play Thought Maker as though you have completed a mission requiring Acquisition.
Order - Search your dilemma pile for a dilemma and place it beneath an opponent's non-headquaters mission. Shuffle and replace your dilemma pile face down. You may do this only once each turn.
"Why, it's the Stargazer. It's my old ship. How did you find it?"
Range 8 Weapons 7 Shields 8
Please remember to vote for one of these entries in your post, referencing the entry’s letter.

This week’s card is...

Card #17!

Card #17 must come between Yridian Informant (Event - Card #16) and I Do Not Take Orders From You! (Interrupt - Card #18). Despite the tight slot, this card could be an event or an interrupt.

I do apologize for the delay in getting the new contest up. I had some technical difficulties with my internet connection, but hopefully it's all sorted out now. (Grrr.... Time Warner Cable stinks!)
Last edited by GooeyChewie on Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Here’s what we have so far:

Dilemmas:

1. Evil’s Plans
Danny wrote: [D] (0) Evils Plans

Your opponent discards a personnel that could be played at his or her headquarters mission from his or her hand. That personnel's cost is added to this dilemma's cost. Unless you have the skills on that personnel, all your personnel are stopped.
"And another thing. These villains always have a trick up their sleeve. Trapdoors, secret weapons."
By Danny
2. Forcefield Failure
Danny wrote: [S] (3) Forcefield Failure
Choose one: place this dilemma on your ship at this mission; or all your personnel are stopped.
Damage - This damage card counts as two damage cards.
"Warning. Hull breach on deck one. Emergency forcefields inoperative."
By Danny
3. Gift of the Tormentor
GooeyChewie wrote: [D] (4) Gift of the Tormentor
Dilemma
Choose one: Your personnel are attributes +2 until the end of the mission attempt and your opponent scores 5 points; or lose 5 points.
"We have offered you a gift beyond all other gifts."
By GooeyChewie
4. I’m Going To Miss You
[D] 3 I'm Going To Miss You.

Dilemma

When your opponent reveals this dilemma, add 5 to each of this dilemma's requirements for each different Q event in play. Unless you have an attribute > 30, all your personnel are stopped, and if you have more points than your opponent, lose 5 points.

“Goodbye, Jean-Luc. I'm gonna miss you. You had such potential. But then again, all good things must come to an end.”
By MattgomeryScott

Equipment:

7. Orb of Wisdom
Danny wrote: [Equ] (3) •Orb of Wisdom
Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) Orb. When your personnel present is facing a dilemma, you may meet an attribute requirement of that dilemma using any attribute instead. You may do this only once each turn.
"It's one of the missing Bajoran Orbs..."
By Danny

Event:

10. Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (2) Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
Event
Paranoia. To play this event, each of your non-headquarters missions must require Intelligence. Plays in your core. Your [Fed] Intelligence personnel may meet Integrity and Strength requirements using Cunning.
"In time of war, the law falls silent. Cicero. So is that what we have become? A twenty fourth century Rome driven by nothing more than the certainty that Caesar can do no wrong!"
By GooeyChewie

13. Triskelion Trial
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (0) Triskelion Trial
Event
Plays in your core. When your dilemma would randomly select three personnel, you may instead choose one eligible personnel. You may do this only once each turn.
"As leader of your people, your spirit seems most indomitable. We suggest you alone, pitted against three contestants of our choosing."
By GooeyChewie
14. Ultimatum
Peers wrote: [Evt] (2) *Ultimatum
To play this event, lose 5 points. Plays on an opponent's mission. When you play this event, name a personnel. This mission may not be completed if that personnel is at this mission.
"There can be no peace... as long as Kirk lives!"
By Peers
16. Yridian Informant
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (1) Yridian Informant
Event
Plays on an opponent's mission. When that player begins a mission attempt at that mission, you may destroy this event to examine your opponent's personnel involved.
"I am Jaglom Shrek, a man with information to sell."
By GooeyChewie
17. *in creation*

Interrupt:

18. I Do Not Take Orders From You!
CaptMDKirk wrote: [Int] I Do Not Take Orders From You!
Interrupt
To play this interrupt, you must command a personnel with 2 Treachery. When your opponent executes one of his or her personnel's order abilities, discard a card from hand to prevent that. That order ability may not be executed until the end of this turn. Remove this interrupt from the game.
"Admiral Dougherty will not be joining us for dinner."
By CaptMDKirk

Missions:

20. Amargagosa Observatory, Steal Trilithium Weapon
DJStormtrooper wrote: [S] •Amaragosa Observatory, Steal Trilithium Weapon
[AQ] 40
Programming, Transporters, 2 Treachery and Cunning >34
When you attempt this mission, if there are no dilemmas beneath it, choose an opponent's incomplete mission. When that mission is completed, lose 10 points.
Span 4
[Fer] [Kli] [Rom] [NA]
By DJStormtrooper
21. Earth, Seat of the Empire
Peers wrote: [H] * Earth, Seat of the Empire
[AQ]
You may play [Pa] [AU] cards and equipment at this mission. At the end of your turn, any non-[Pa][AU] personnel you command are killed unless they have Treachery.
This mission is not attemptable.
--2--
By Peers

Personnel - Borg:

24. Borg Queen, Relentless Pursuer
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Bor] (4) •Borg Queen, Relentless Pursuer
[Cmd] Borg
• 2 Leadership • Officer • 2 Treachery
Commander: Borg Queen's Vessel. When you win an engagement involving this personnel, you may discard the top card of your deck. If it is an event, you may name a skill; randomly select an opponent's personnel involved who has that skill, take command of him or her and place him or her aboard your ship.
"Welcome home."
Integrity 2 Cunning 8 Strength 6
By WeyounsLastClone

Personnel - Dominion:

26. Weyoun, Deceptive Diplomat
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Dom] (4) •Weyoun, Deceptive Diplomat
[Cmd] Vorta
Anthropology, Biology, Diplomacy, Exobiology, Leadership, Treachery
When this personnel would be stopped or killed by a dilemma, you may discard a card from hand to have him gain a skill of your choice until the end of your turn instead.
"Oh my! That is quite toxic, isn't it?"
Integrity 2 Cunning 6 Strength 4
By WeyounsLastClone

Personnel - Federation:

29. William T. Riker, Desperate Survivor
Peers wrote: [Fed] (4) * William T. Riker, Desperate Survivor
[Cmd] [AU] Human
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Leadership [SD] Officer [SD] Security [SD] Treachery
Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise-D. When any number of your [AU] personnel are about to be stopped, you may kill your non-[AU] personnel on a ship at this mission to prevent that.
"You don't know what it's like in our universe... NO! WE WON'T GO BACK!"
Integrity 4 -- Cunning 6 -- Strength 6
By Peers

Personnel - Non-aligned:

31. Arne Darvin, “Hero to the Empire”
Danny wrote: [NA] (2) •Arne Darvin, "Hero to the Empire"
Klingon
•Acquisition •Anthropology •Geology •Programming •Treachery
Assassin.
When an opponent's personnel at this mission is stopped by your Infestation, you may return this personnel to his owner's hand to kill that personnel.
"I see myself standing with Kirk's head in one hand – and a tribble in the other."
INT 3 CUN 5 STR 5
By Danny

Personnel - Romulan:

33. Shinzon, Forcing Their Hand
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Rom] (4) •Shinzon, Forcing Their Hand
[Cmd] Human
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Engineer, Leadership, Officer, 2 Treachery
Commander: Scimitar. When you play this personnel, your opponent draws a card and then reveals his or her hand. This personnel is cost -1 for each Event and Interrupt revealed.
"And my voice shall echo through time, long after yours has faded to a dim memory!"
Integrity 1 Cunning 6 Strength 6
By WeyounsLastClone

Ships:

35. Borg Abduction Cube
Peers wrote: [Bor] (7) *Borg Abduction Cube
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Cube
When a [S] dilemma you own of cost 4 or more is revealed, you may remove that dilemma from the game to place this ship from hand at the mission that dilemma was to be faced.
Order- Discard a card from hand to begin an engagement involving this ship. If you win, select an opponent's personnel involved to be beamed to this ship.
Range 10 Weapons 12 Shields 11
By Peers
36. *in voting*

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Vote F
[Int] Detached Morals
Interrupt
Return your personnel with 2 Treachery to his or her owner's hand to reveal an opponent's hand and discard a personnel revealed.
"You know, there was a time when I wouldn't hurt a fly..."

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Vote G
[Int] And Share it With Me
Interrupt
If an opponent's personnel is about to be killed by a dilemma, reveal and stop your personnel with Telepathy and Treachery to take command of that personnel instead (if possible). That personnel becomes [NA] and gains the Infiltrator keyword.
EDIT: Credit for this idea should actually go to the Guardian.
Last edited by Nate Winchester on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote: H

[Int] Aggressive Recruiting
When your opponent plays a personnel of cost 4 or more, you may download a personnel of cost 4 or more.
"The knowledge and experience of the human - Picard - is part of us now."

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Vote: C

My Entry:

[Int] Alternate Strategy

When your [AU] personnel is facing a dilemma, you may discard a card from hand to exchange him or her with a non- [AU] personnel from hand. Both of those personnel must have the same card title.

“You know, you did pretty good back there. I don't think anyone suspected you weren't Captain Sisko. At least, not once you hit Bashir.”

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
GooeyChewie wrote:Our winner from last week: Danny! Three in a row!
When you're hot, you're hot! :wink:

Vote E
[Evt] (2) •Zenite Ore
Commodity. (When a player plays or takes command of this event, it is placed in that player's core.) While you command but do not own this event, your opponent's dilemmas that require Biology or Exobiology are cost -1.
Found on only one planet in the galaxy, Zenite is the single known substance that can halt a particularly devastating strain of botanical plague.

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Vote H
[Int] Catastrophic Sabotage
When a damage card is placed on an opponent's ship, if your Infiltrator is aboard that ship, lose 10 points to destroy that ship.
"Someone on this ship is guilty of sabotage..."

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote A

[Int] A Cold-served Dish
Interrupt
When your Genetically Enhanced personnel at a planet mission is stopped or killed by a dilemma that does not require a skill, you may choose: return up to two dilemma's from beneath an opponent's space mission and return them to your dilemma pile; or score 5 points for each opponent's completed space mission.
"It is very cold ...in space."

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I apologize for my recent absence. I've been dealing with some personal issues in the past couple weeks, but I plan to get the contest back on schedule this Thursday.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
GooeyChewie wrote:I apologize for my recent absence. I've been dealing with some personal issues in the past couple weeks, but I plan to get the contest back on schedule this Thursday.
No need to apologise. We all have our own lives, and running a Dream Card contest isn't easy (I should know. :D ) Hope everything works out for you.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
GooeyChewie wrote:I apologize for my recent absence. I've been dealing with some personal issues in the past couple weeks, but I plan to get the contest back on schedule this Thursday.
Hey fella, if you ever need to someone to take the reins for a week/while, let me know; my life is (touch wood) relatively personal issue-free at the moment.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
[Int] Armed and Dangerous
Interrupt
Assault. When your Bajoran Resistance personnel is in combat or facing a dilemma, remove a Hand Weapon in your discard pile from the game to download a non-Artifact Hand Weapon and place it with that personnel.
Order - Begin combat involving your Bajoran Resistance personnel equipped with a Hand Weapon.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0