For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Because it was suggested ;) ...
[P] Bajor
- Occupied Planet

You may play [Pa] [Baj] , [Pa] [Car] and [Pa] [NA] cards and equipment here. Your personnel cannot gain [Pa] icons.
MOD EDIT: Moved to appropriate board. -paz
Last edited by Pazuzu on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moderation

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Or maybe that "Mouth of the Wormhole, Terok Nor Labor Camp"? (or "terok nor ore processing")

Then we can do.
[P] *Bajor, Subjugate People 40 pts
[AQ] [skill requirements here] and Strength > #
Region: Bajor System When you complete this mission, you may download Labor Camp and place it on this card.
Span: 2
I'll leave the space for Peers' occupy card.

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I actually worked up a whole cycle of "Occupied Bajor" cards for Balance of Terror that was eventually cut. Let me know what you think:
DJstormtrooper wrote: [Pa] [TN] would have a blended [Car] / [Baj] theme tied together by giving applicable [Pa] [Baj] and [Pa] [Car] personnel the [TN] icon.

They would have several mechanics based on Terok Nor's themes in the show: Slavery, Ore Processing, Crackdowns. A [Pa] [TN] deck would take the racist subtheme of Cardassians to the extreme. They would get bonses for stopping, killing, capturing or removing from the game the [TN] [Baj] cards at their disposal. This deck would also turn the Cardassians propensity for wastefulness to '11' to represent their pillage of Bajor.

This deck would not be playable with 'contemporary' [TN], especially [Dom] personnel. It would also be hard for contemporary [Baj] or [Car] to take advantage of these mechanics. The cards should require the unique mix of [Pa] [TN] [Car] and [Pa] [TN] [Baj].

Thematic examples:
[P] Bajor, Under Occupation
[AQ] Requirements
[Pa] [Baj] and [Pa] [Car] personnel you own gain [TN]. [Dom] cards you own lose [TN].
[Evt] (2) Ore Processing Unit
Plays in your core.
Order- Place two [TN] Bajorans in your discard pile on the bottom of your deck and discard the top card of your deck to draw three cards. You may do this only once each turn.
[Car] (2) Cardassian Overseer
[Pa] Cardassian
While this personnel is present with your Labor Camp, he is attributes +1 for each [TN] Bajoran in your discard pile (limit +3).
[Evt] (3) Crackdown
To play this event, stop three [Car] Security personnel you command. Choose one of your [TN] Dissident or [TN] Bajoran Resistance personnel and place him or her in your brig (your opponent now commands that personnel.) Destroy this event.
[Baj] Slave
[Pa] Bajoran
When you place this personnel in your discard pile, you may stop your [TN] [Car] at Mouth of the Wormhole to download Ore Processing Unit.
[Baj] Collaborator
[Stf] [Pa] Bajoran
Order- Place your [TN] Bajoran in his or her owner's discard pile to make each of your [Car] personel attributes +1 until the end of your turn. You may do this only once each turn.
[Car] Abusive Gul
[Cmd] [Pa]
Gul.
Order- Discard a Punishment card from hand and remove a [TN] Bajoran in your discard pile from the game to destroy an event.
[Evt] Stomp the Line
Decay: X. When your [Car] personnel is about to be stopped by a dilemma, place your [TN] Bajoran on this event to prevent that.
When a Prophet event is destroyed, [TN] [Car] goodie.
[Int] Worked to Death
While your [Pa] [Car] is attempting a mission, remove a [TN] [Baj] in your discard pile from the game to [goodie].

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Alright let's see...
[Car] (2) Cardassian Overseer
[Pa] Cardassian
While this personnel is present with your Labor Camp, he is attributes +1 for each [TN] Bajoran in your discard pile (limit +3).
Hmm... interesting. Although given that Labor Camp is forever more stuck on one planet, I'd say take the cap off and let the overseer run wide for a single mission.

That or just he can play at a labor camp mission for +/- 1 cost.
[Evt] (3) Crackdown
To play this event, stop three [Car] Security personnel you command. Choose one of your [TN] Dissident or [TN] Bajoran Resistance personnel and place him or her in your brig (your opponent now commands that personnel.) Destroy this event.
Shouldn't this have a capture keyword? :wink:

WARNING! INCOMING RANT
So now having played it, it strikes me that the CC doesn't really know what to do with capturing. Part of the issue seems to be that if you get a unique person, you can shutdown whole decks' lynchpins (like when I grab Borg Queen or over the tournament where I threw most of the ruling council in jail). It's a mechanic like a lottery ticket where you either win a trillion dollars or get kicked in the nuts. Studying the card pool, it strikes me that the game has 3 avenues: going wide, deep, and solo.
Wide capture: having most of your opponents' deck in your brig. Cardassians are almost there. I'd say a few more cards where you can nab multiple numbers, but of NON unique people would be best (they almost went that way with Well-Crafted Lure - it just needs the discard cost removed). That's Evek's and Caught in the Act's biggest misstep IMHO. They should really nab non-Us but as it is right now, a massive "clone" deck full of cheapos is the best counter to them.
Deep capture: The deck aims to only have 1-2 people in the deck, but they're your opponent's best and most unique personnel. Romulans strike me as well suited thematically to this though Cardassians still have more cards (Means of Control) that get good with this so it will take some focus.
Solo play: Which is what you suggest. And I'll have to admit, I really find that idea interesting as an enabler of cards like Awaiting Trial. Though it strikes me far more as an idea suited to Dominion thematically. Heck I could even see cards that can play only into your brig, and then you have to choose whether to Condition Captive them or Vast Resources them. Though I would maybe leave you in command of them to avoid things like Tribunal Sentencing cheese.
[Car] Abusive Gul
[Cmd] [Pa]
Gul.
Order- Discard a Punishment card from hand and remove a [TN] Bajoran in your discard pile from the game to destroy an event.
Interesting that this one is RFG instead of bottom of deck. Actually I could see this being run in a pure cardy deck since they have so many discard effects I can feed Kira, Leeta, or Odo to in order to set this up.
[Evt] Stomp the Line
Decay: X. When your [Car] personnel is about to be stopped by a dilemma, place your [TN] Bajoran on this event to prevent that.
THAT one I like. :cheersL:

Since Discovery is really just The Michael Burnham[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]