For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
Set a Course for Home exists as quadrant movement rules in 2E.
The Inner Light exists as The Inner Light (Event in In a Mirror, Darkly).
Magic Carpet Ride exists as Magic Carpet Ride OCD (Equipment in this set).
Scout Encounter exists as Scout Encounter (Dilemma in this set).
Theta-Radiation Poisoning exists as Theta-Radiation Poisoning (Dilemma in this set).
The First Stable Wormhole exists as Mouth of the Wormhole, Deep Space Nine (Mission in 2E Premier).
Ketracel-White exists as Ketracel-White Addiction (Event in this set).
Torture exists as Torture (Interrupt in 2E Premier) and Vian Test (Dilemma in These are the Voyages…).
Captain Sulu exists as Hikaru Sulu, Loyal Captain (Personnel in The Undiscovered Country).
Dr. Gillian Taylor exists as Gillian Taylor, Marine Biologist (Personnel in this set).
I.K.S. Lukara exists as I.K.S. Lukara (Ship in 2E Premier).
Alien Conspiracy exists as Alien Conspiracy (Dilemma in In a Mirror, Darkly).

Original:
[D] Archaic Ritual
Many cultures have elaborate ceremonies. Jean-Luc Picard used the ja’chuq, a lengthy recitation of victories, to delay the selection of a new Klingon High Council leader.
To get past, two personnel in crew or Away Team with the highest STRENGTH and one additional personnel with highest remaining CUNNING are stopped.
2 V

2E Equivalent:
[D] 5 Archaic Ritual
This dilemma is cost –1 for each Ritual in your opponent’s core. Unless you choose to stop the personnel present with the highest Cunning, stop the two personnel present with the highest Strengths.
“I don’t think you can delay this meeting again.”
“Is there some way of stretching out the formalities once they arrive?”

Notes:
So, basically, unless Picard is there to allow cooler heads to prevail, two brutes decide to fight it out. I originally didn’t know how to cost this one, but then I came across Mr. Tricorder, which I must admit I simply forgot about. I added 1 in cost for the conversion to dual and 1 for the targeted stop of the Strength personnel. Having a Ritual or two (or even three) can bring the cost back down.

Next: The Ultimate Dilemma

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]