For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
Phase Cannons exists as all [SF] ships with Weapons of 5 or more.
A Miner Confrontation exists as Deuterium Plunderers (Dilemma in To Boldly Go).

Original:
[S] Authorized Access Only
[BB]
Many ships have secure areas to store valuable or dangerous materials. Only trusted officers can access such places. In 2151, unknown privateers searched for a vault on Enterprise.
To get past requires three personnel with Acquisition OR three personnel with OFFICER classification.
2 V

2E Equivalent:
[D] 3 Authorized Access Only
When you examine or reveal this card from an opponent’s dilemma pile, place this dilemma in your core. When you begin a mission attempt, add one to the number this card's owner may spend on dilemmas. Unless you have two personnel with Anthropology or two personnel with Officer, all your personnel are stopped and this dilemma returns to its owner’s dilemma pile.

Notes:
Starting with the new Botany Bay dilemmas, I wondered for a while if I should do these just directly: “Unless you have three personnel with X or three personnel with Y, all your personnel are stopped and this dilemma returns to its owner’s dilemma pile.” You know, don’t fuss with the new icon. But then I wondered what gameplay the new icon translated into. I don’t know if it’s worth putting in your dilemma pile just hoping to get it examined, but there’s Ptol, Unfair Comparison, Overburdened… No room for lore.

Next: Like a Bad Cereal

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]