For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
Contaminating A Culture exists as Contaminating a Culture (Dilemma in Captain’s Log).

Original:
[P] Defrosted Menace
[BO] [Countdown: 3]
Preserved in the Arctic ice for 90 years, two cybernetic bodies posed more of a threat than initially suspected.
Unless 2 Biology, 2 Archaeology, and 2 SCIENCE present, place on mission. Now and start of every player’s turn, their opponent (if playing Borg) assimilates their lowest CUNNING personnel here.
4 V

2E Equivalent:
[P] 2 Defrosted Menace
Unless you have Archaeology and 2 Biology or Officer and 2 Science, if you do not have a copy of this dilemma in your core, place this dilemma in your core. When a dilemma is about to kill your personnel, your opponent may discard a [Bor] card from hand to take command of that personnel instead. If he or she does, place that personnel on that opponent’s headquarters mission.

Notes:
I know there are many dilemmas that use the “now and at the start of each turn” concept, but I did them all differently. I thought about making this a planet version of Macrovirus, but then I would leave out the Borg part, but I like the idea that this is a cog in a machine. An awoken giant for which the opponent is not ready. No room for lore.

Next: Scout Trap
Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're right[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]