For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
None.

Original:
[S] Preoccupied
[Countdown: 3]
While exploring a trinary system containing a black hole, unusual radiation caused the Enterprise crew to exhibit erratic and obsessive behavior.
Place on ship. Doubles first and second listed skill and removes all other skills on each non-Vulcan personnel aboard.
7 V

2E Equivalent:
[S] 0 Preoccupied
Place on this mission. Name two skills. Each of your personnel without one of those skills loses all of his or her skills. When this mission attempt ends, this dilemma is overcome.
“You can re-sequence all the chicken and potatoes you want, but I am making this from scratch.”

Notes:
Not all of the dilemmas that name a skill can benefit or is that great to begin with, but there can be a lot of death from knowing what skills are around.

Next: Schpookchy!

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]