For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
Grappler: Shuttlepod Retrieval and Launch Bay exists as Grappler (Event in this set).
Military Assault Command Operations exists as Military Assault Command Operations (Event in What You Leave Behind).

Original:
[Evt] Polarized Hull Plating
In the 22nd century, Starfleet vessels used electromagnetic stiffening mechanisms to mitigate damage from enemy weapons.
Plays on table. Discard event to nullify one damage marker about to be placed on your [22] ship. (Captain’s Order.)
22 V

2E Equivalent:
[Int] Polarize Hull Plating
Maneuver. When your ship with your Security personnel aboard is in an engagement, it is Shields +4 until the end of that engagement.
“They're charging weapons.”

Notes:
Starfleet has a way to remove Damage markers already. It doesn’t really make sense to say [SF] ships can carry additional Damage markers, both because they are the least likely to be able to take that much punishment and nobody really tries to blow up ships very much anyway. Instead, I took a pair of old classics, Evasive Maneuvers and Power to the Shields, and just updated it with a new skill. I thought about a bonus or another twist, but nothing seemed worth it.

Next: Soccer Commentaryd
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]