For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Hi,

So I'm looking for a little advice. Any help greatly appreciated.

How many cards of each card type do people think you would need to add an entirely new affiliation to Second Edition? I'm not talking about having every possible character, but having enough cards to be playable as a normal affiliation (so no Fed sub affiliation + Earth shenanigans.)

These are my basic numbers, but no idea if they are right. :D

A couple of dilemmas.
At least 1 equipment (your basic affiliation specific Hand Weapon.)
4-6 Events. (Including the usual "Discard a card from hand to draw two cards" event. )
Around 1-3 Interrupts. (One of which would be a cheater interrupt.)
Around 8 Missions + 1 HQ.
Around 21-24 personnel.
4-6 Ships.

I know it varies between affiliations, so just trying to get some guidelines. Thanks in advance.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:I'd say the minimum would be about 6 verbs, 4 missions, 6 non-unique personnel, 12 unique personnel, 1 non-unique ship, and 3 unique ones.
Thanks Naetor. So going by that my numbers look to be reasonable (I don't mind them being a little high, my worry is about them being too low.)

Would be interested to get other people's views too, just so I can work out some kind of good average baseline.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, I think your numbers are certainly not too low. Especially considering you would be dealing with limited material for a new affiliation, and it would be good to have some 'star power' left for later expansions as well.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I don't think there's a good answer. You have to ask yourself how the affiliation is supposed to work. Imagine introducing TOS for example. Their personnel have been-like effects, so they only have one interrupt and three events NOW, much less when they were introduced. Meanwhile the Ferengi have a ton of Rules and other events in addition to their personnel and ships. There's never going to be a one-size-fits-all number of cards.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]