For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I knew after doing 1-2 Punch-Up long enough, one of the concepts I have already finished would be used in the actual game. Let’s see how the two versions stack up.

My Version: (off of Subspace Fracture)
[D] 7 Subspace Fracture
For each event your opponent commands in his or her core, this dilemma is cost –1. Unless you have Engineer, Programming, and Science or Astrometrics, Leadership, and a non-Hand Weapon equipment, randomly select two personnel to be killed.
Instabilities in subspace can cause fractures and chain reactions leading to temporal relocation, death, or worse.

The Continuing Committee’s Version:
[D] 3 Flashpoint
Your opponent chooses [AU], [Fut], or [Pa]. Randomly select two personnel. Unless neither of those personnel have that icon or both of those personnel have that icon, they are killed.
“…we’re responsible for an explosion even though it occurred before our ship arrived here?”
“We’ve traveled back to a point in time before the explosion, so, yes, we can be responsible for it.”

40 V 4

Notes:
The idea of doing a 7-coster as a dual, two personnel killer isn’t a bad one. In an event-heavy deck, that could mean two kills with little to no dilemma cost spent. In retrospect, that’s probably too good. (My early stuff often was.) Instead, I love the idea of a One to One riff that looks at temporal icons. I sort of wish it had a title like Day to Day, but then the picture would have been a problem; the theme there is to have characters face themselves. Edge CC before we even get to my lack of a quote.

updated with VPs and Errata

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]