What's New Dashboard Articles Forums Chat Room Achievements Tournaments Player Map The Promenade Volunteers About Us Site Index
The Continuing Committee
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:16 am

Non-Xindi Xindi 
Gamma Quadrant

Region: Romulus
Post Non-Xindi Xindi
The discussion of the Xindi in the 1e thread gave me an idea:

Quote:
[Art] Artifact
[1E-AU] Avian's Head
Remains of an extinct member of the Xindi race, wiped out when the Xindi homeworld was destroyed sometime in the 2030s. Viewed as a symbol of failure by other Xindi.

Use as Equipment Card. Head has Diplomacy. Once every turn, may nullify a Xindi-related event or interrupt just played or a Xindi-related dilemma just encountered.

Closes one broken link, but opens SO many more! :shifty:

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:28 pm
Beta Quadrant

Post Re: Non-Xindi Xindi
What link does this close?

Xindi Test Strike requires a Xindi. This equipment doesn't actually make a personnel into a Xindi, or is it a Xindi, so I feel like that link still wouldn't be closed...

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:15 pm
Gamma Quadrant

Region: Romulus
frakkingoff wrote:
What link does this close?

Xindi Test Strike requires a Xindi. This equipment doesn't actually make a personnel into a Xindi, or is it a Xindi, so I feel like that link still wouldn't be closed...

It's definitely indirect. I'm not sure if the rules would allow it to count as a Xindi, but it could get past XTS with its own text.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:27 pm
Gamma Quadrant

Change the lore from "Remains of an extinct member of the Xindi race, wiped out when..." to "Former Xindi who was wiped out when..."

On a strict (ever so strict) reading of the (current) rules, the skull now has the characteristic Xindi and can pass the dilemma on its own. At least until Rules finds out about it and puts a stop to this tomfoolery. In the meantime: hilarious lore! Hilarious text! ("Head has diplomacy." made me laugh.)

I like this and will try and think of one to contribute.

Then Jesus said to Peter, "Put thy Glossary back into its place: for he who takes up the Glossary shall perish with the Glossary."
-Mt 26:52

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:52 am