For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey gang,

This is my first attempt at something like this so be gentle :P

I have always loved Weyoun as a character and Combs' portrayal of him is nothing short of incredible. One line that always stands out to me and makes me laugh every single time is "time to start packing" from Sacrifice of Angels. As such, I figured I'd take a stab at some dream cards around that line ...

[Int] Interrupt
Time to Start Packing
When one of your personnel is chosen for "opponents choice," that person can be replaced with another personnel from same away team (owner's choice).

[P] [S] Dilemma
Time to Start Packing
Choose 3 personnel to be stopped (opponents choice). Unless one has Diplomacy + Treachery, one is killed (random selection). To get past, requires Treachery x2 + Weapons < 7.

And for your viewing pleasure, Weyoun himself .... :P
Attachments:
Weyoun.jpg
Weyoun.jpg (23.17 KiB) Viewed 1360 times
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
The DC forum is really loathe to criticize standalone ideas, and you had the good sense to do simple things. It's a little bit surprising, now that I think about it, that the game doesn't have interrupt-based opponent's choice selection cancellation yet.

The dilemma has two problems, as I see it: (1) WEAPONS < 7 on a planet dilemma? (2) Since the stops are opponent's choice, opponent can pretty much guarantee that one will die (just select the Treach that doesn't have Diplo!) and you'll get the stop unless opponent specifically techs to get through it. (Like Rules of Obedience but 3x harder.)

A card that stops multiple personnel, opponent's choice, is already very strong, and almost certainly doesn't need a kill effect attached to it, much less a wall effect at the end of it. Stops on their own aren't great, but if you choose the stops, you can set up any number of devastating dilemmas for a guaranteed hit on the next seed card. For instance, Crystalline Entity will almost certainly hit after this, for instance, especially if doubled with Lore. Random stops < random kills < opponent's choice stops < opponent's choice kills. Compare Devastating Communique, which is a very popular card even though it only seeds at Space and only stops one personnel and has a named counter.

So, yeah, the dilemma's way OP, IMO. I like the Interrupt, though.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:So, yeah, the dilemma's way OP, IMO. I like the Interrupt, though.
+1

Another issue with the dilemma is that I think it's a double wall that also kills personnel, like pre-errata Spatial Rift. I think "Unless one has Diplomacy + Treachery" is a requirement that in this case is only possible to pass if your crew/Away Team has no more than 2 personnel that don't have both Diplomacy and Treachery.

The interrupt would be kind of fun with Gold!: make all random selections opponent's choice, then play this to make them your choice.

I love Combs/Weyoun, too, and I think this line probably works better as a response to misfortune (interrupt) than a cause of misfortune (dilemma).
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]