By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It's that time of the year again. The 2013 AC Dream Team is back!

This is your chance to choose your fantasy team of players and put yourself in the running for not only bragging rights, but a small prize pack to boot!

====================

How to Play
1. You pick a team of up to five players with a total value of 100 or less. You may also select up to one player not listed.
2. Post your team in this thread!

Playing is really simple, and the game is open to everyone. You don't need to be an expert on Australian players, but a little research does go a long way.

You may make changes to your team (please use the forum's function at the top-right corner of your entry) up until the closing date.

Scoring
Like last time, a player's Dream Team (DT) points per tournament will be a cumulative total of each player's average performance (victory points divided by the number of rounds) at each tournament he or she participates in over the weekend. That means players participating in more tournaments over the five days will score more DT points overall than those only participating in a few tournaments.

Closing Date
Please have your entries posted by 10:00pm (in your timezone) on Wednesday the 3rd of July 2013. No new entries or edits to existing entries will be allowed after this time and all entries will be considered "locked". Any new entries or edits to existing entries made after the closing date will disqualify your entry.

Player Values
The following table represents the values calcultated for the projected top DT players at this year's AC.

Can't be bothered doing any research? Not to worry! I have included each listed player's 2012 Worlds score, which formed part of the calculation of each player's values for this year. I also have included info on each player's movement in value over their 2013 AC value.

Note that unlisted players have a value of 5.

1. "Image" and GREEN text indicates rise in value, "Image" and RED text indicates fall in value; "Image", indicates value remained steady.
2. Values calculated on a rolling 3-event score average. Missed DT events count as a score of zero.

====================

Post your questions, comments or your Dream Team in the 2012 AC Dream Team competition thread.

====================

Entries for the 2013 AC Dream Team competition close at 10:00pm (in your region) on Wednesday the 3rd of July 2013. Dream Team scores will be calculated and posted in the Continental Championships forum. Winners will be notified by PM via the account used for their Dream Team entry.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Introducing: Mike and the Mikettes!

Lead Guitar: Mike Nugent
Synth/Vocals: Steve Chompers
Bass/Backing Vocals: Rob Dawson
Backing Synth: Jay Coad

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
And here goes my probably futile attempt to defend my title...

Robert Dawson
Mike Nugent
Clayton Walton
Jay Coad
Matthew Ting

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Mike Nugent 35
Greg Dillon 25
Ben Dillon 25
Matt Ting 5 (BARGAIN!)
Jay Coad 5

Plan B TBC --- Turns out plan B is Plan A!
Last edited by chompers on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Guys, please note there will be an update to the above graphic. Matthew Ting is actually worth 20, not 5.

The change will be pushed through within the next 30 minutes. In the meantime, please feel free to adjust your teams accordingly.

Apologies for the error!

False alarm. Excel fail. Sorry about that.

So just to clarify, Matthew Ting actually is worth 5...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
chompers wrote:Mike Nugent 35
Greg Dillon 25
Ben Dillon 25
Matt Ting 5 (was a BARGAIN!)
Jay Coad 5

Plan B TBC
No, your team is good. Was my bad.

Matthew Ting really is a bargain at 5. It's the rolling average calculation across his last three events, and he played for the first time at the 2012 Worlds. You can expect his value to rocket up after the 2013 AC though! :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
==========

Dream Team Market Watch: 2013 AC

While there hasn't been all that much movement, with six out of the top ten this year retaining their values from the 2012 Worlds, there are still some good finds in the mix worth considering. And some from completely outside too.

Starting at the top of the table, we have Robert Dawson and Mike Nugent. Two players who consistently score well, simply due to their high participation rates at ACs. They are the two most expensive players available, but I suspect many will have at least one of these two in their team. Guaranteed to score well.

We'll dive down to the other end of the spectrum now, to those who you simply shouldn't pick under any circumstances, and how can you go past the Clarke brothers, Chris Clarke and Lee Clarke. They are without a doubt champion gamers and each now carry a World Championship title for a blue-ribbon Decipher game. But their marked lack of participation in the majority of AC events means they have earned values that just barely reflect their pithy DT score returns. Avoid like a plague of obnoxious Yu-Gi-Oh! players.

Looking to the players who could best be described as mid-range, but on the rise - showing good Dream Team form recently are Stephen Hartmann and brothers Ben Dillon and Greg Dillon. Steve's fantastic form has seen him rise by 15 in value over the last three events (2011 and 2012 AC, plus 2012 Worlds), and with his recent 2013 Regional-winning form in Sydney, he could be in for another big one this year. Steve rise is only trumped by Ben and Greg, who continue to show their ability at all three STCCG games, with scores over the last three events pushing up their values by a massive 20 each!

Despite the significant majority of scorers already having played enough to have a value in the DT game that is settled, there are still some newbies worth a mention. Indeed, it would be amiss not to mention this one, as he sticks out like a damaged U.S.S. Enterprise-E jutting out the side of a Reman battleship: Matthew Ting was the tenth-highest scoring player in the 2012 Worlds DT comp. Yet his value, due to the way the rolling three-event average is applied to all players, he is still only worth 5! Given his first event was the 2012 Worlds, and his average is being held back by values of five and scores of zero, he is this year's bargain buy and worth making room for. He should be worth a whole lot more and will begin to rise after the 2013 AC.

Finally, spare a thought for that one last spot in your team for those not on the list. You may pick a single player from outside the list for a cost of 5. My mail is Pete Santamaria could be coming to more than a few events. Good Games master Scott Hunstad appeared at the 2013 Sydney Regionals and is also a chance to score some easy points. There are a raft of players of old not on the list who could be making a return. Ask around and get the word out. Get someone new in and get him or her to play in a few events to score you some easy points!

Happy Dream Teaming, all!

==========
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Matthew "The Ring" Ting - 5
Garry "Million Dollar" Dillion - 15
Clayton "John Boy" Walton - 20
Mike "Old Gent" Nugent - 35
Stephen "Soul Man" Hartmann - 25

Michael,
who's barely witty on occasion

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
I feel so cheap :)

Matthew Ting (5)
Greg Dillon (25)
Garry Dillon (15)
Mike Nugent (35)
Craig Giblett (20)

Not really knowing how the scoring works, I'm picking people who will play 1E and 2E.

-  
If I recall correctly (and undoubtedly I'll miss or outright get wrong a detail or three):

Scoring for 1E and 2E events is dependent on VPs earned in the event, normalized so that getting 4 VPs per round is worth 40 points. For instance, earning 12 VPs in a 4 round event is worth 30 points. Scoring for the knockout brackets is similar, only that all wins are Full Wins and with rounds after you're eliminated counting as Missed Games for you (0 VPs).

Scoring for Tribbles is similar; consider it as a round-robin in which each player beats everyone below him or her and loses to everyone above (always with FWs/FLs) and has the VPs thus obtained.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nob's more or less got it.

Applying the scoring for Tribbles, you get a proportion of 40 points based on the number of players.

In a four-man pod:

1st gets 4/4 of 40 (40)
2nd gets 3/4 of 40 (30)
3rd gets 2/4 of 40 (20)
4th gets 3/4 of 40 (10)

In a five-man pod:

1st gets 5/5 of 40 (40)
2nd gets 4/5 of 40 (32)
3rd gets 3/5 of 40 (24)
4th gets 2/5 of 40 (16)
5th gets 1/5 of 40 (8)

-  
stoovie wrote:Nob's more or less got it.

Applying the scoring for Tribbles, you get a proportion of 40 points based on the number of players.

In a four-man pod:

1st gets 4/4 of 40 (40)
2nd gets 3/4 of 40 (30)
3rd gets 2/4 of 40 (20)
4th gets 3/4 of 40 (10)

In a five-man pod:

1st gets 5/5 of 40 (40)
2nd gets 4/5 of 40 (32)
3rd gets 3/5 of 40 (24)
4th gets 2/5 of 40 (16)
5th gets 1/5 of 40 (8)
Which isn't quite what you'd get from the scheme I thought you used for Tribbles. Thanks for the info!

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Honest wrote:How does Tribbles DT scoring work?

Honest

Dual Regionals Tribbles Champion
Coming out of retirement?

Since Discovery is really just The Michael Burnham[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]