For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Tribbles Art Manager
By Kamala (Andrea Heywood-Lobban)
 - Tribbles Art Manager
 -  
It's not about the term people. It's about the context and the outcome of the said context. Take responsibility people. Yeesh.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Kamala wrote:It's not about the term people. It's about the context and the outcome of the said context. Take responsibility people. Yeesh.
I'm tired of being told to take responsibility for other people.

This isn't someone being offended. This is somebody trying to get me in trouble. The day I get rung up for another ban will come. You and others who are out for my head will get it, someday. But when that day comes I will have earned my fate.

It will not be for trumped up charges.
Tribbles Art Manager
By Kamala (Andrea Heywood-Lobban)
 - Tribbles Art Manager
 -  
I have full faith in the mod team to look at all sides of a complaint. If you are getting a warning it's not because someone made up garbage. It's cause they found wrong doing.

(Edited to remove possible curse word. Please except my apology for any wrong doing, thank you.)
Last edited by Kamala on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Kamala wrote:I have full faith in the mod team to look at all sides of a complaint. If you are getting a warning it's not because someone made up crap. It's cause they found wrong doing.
I never say anything about the complaint was made up. I'm said the complaint is not valid. And I question the motives of the person making the complaint.

Please, don't twist my words.

My appeal is being heard. We both have faith in the Mod Squad then.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Kamala wrote:I have full faith in the mod team to look at all sides of a complaint. If you are getting a warning it's not because someone made up crap. It's cause they found wrong doing.

There's a cuss word in that post. Why haven't you been issued a warning? Do people who have green badges and those related to them get special treaatment?

TK
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Marquetry wrote:It's a wrestling term... I'm highly surprised something that mild is considered offensive, and am disturbed by the overzealous nature of the moderation I've been seeing.
Me tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

TK
Last edited by bosskamiura on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:Andrea was not the one who issued this complaint.
That's fine. But why hasn't she been issued one for her cuss word?

TK
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Bosskamiura wrote:
Didn't see it, didn't get a report about it, wasn't online. I can't act on what I don't know. I presume that's true for all the mods.

If you have a problem with a post, always report it -- a report ensures we see it quickly, it helps reassure me (or any individual mod) that I'm not the only one who sees a problem with a given post, and I think it helps ensure that the standards of the moderation team are close to the median standard of the community as a whole... the extremes of which are well-represented in threads like this one.

Speaking of which, there are now three open reports stemming from this thread. There's no rule against discussing moderation stuff -- the community obviously needs to discuss and process these things publicly -- but threads about particular moderation actions often get ugly. That magic line between criticism and disparagement can be awfully blurry when the topic is literally a debate about the personal conduct of various individuals on the forum. I'm going to go start processing those reports -- I haven't evaluated any of them yet, nor even read this entire thread yet -- but please take extra care not to do anything actionable in this particular thread. Thanks.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Bosskamiura wrote:
Didn't see it, didn't get a report about it, wasn't online. I can't act on what I don't know. I presume that's true for all the mods.

If you have a problem with a post, always report it -- a report ensures we see it quickly, it helps reassure me (or any individual mod) that I'm not the only one who sees a problem with a given post, and I think it helps ensure that the standards of the moderation team are close to the median standard of the community as a whole... the extremes of which are well-represented in threads like this one.

Speaking of which, there are now three open reports stemming from this thread. There's no rule against discussing moderation stuff -- the community obviously needs to discuss and process these things publicly -- but threads about particular moderation actions often get ugly. That magic line between criticism and disparagement can be awfully blurry when the topic is literally a debate about the personal conduct of various individuals on the forum. I'm going to go start processing those reports -- I haven't evaluated any of them yet, nor even read this entire thread yet -- but please take extra care not to do anything actionable in this particular thread. Thanks.
Huh? There's two different post quoting it. ON THIS VERY PAGE!!!

TK

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]