====================

For a wrap up of the greatest five days of Australian STCCG ever:

2010 Australian Continentals Wrap-Up: Day 1
2010 Australian Continentals Wrap-Up: Day 2
2010 Australian Continentals Wrap-Up: Day 3
2010 Australian Continentals Wrap-Up: Day 4
2010 Australian Continentals Wrap-Up: Day 5

====================

It's gonna be bigger than the time Robert's mum paid a surprise visit to a Perth tournament... wearing nothing but a smile...

WHEN
Wednesday the 30th of June to Sunday the 4th of July 2010

WHERE

Good Games, Burwood
Level 1
195A Burwood Rd
Burwood NSW 2134

The ArtHouse Hotel - For Wednesday's Biermeister ONLY
275 Pitt St
Sydney NSW 2000

WHAT
Plenty of First and Second Edition action in one weekend, including for the first time, the Australian Continental Championships for BOTH games!

WEDNESDAY
6pm - Australian Biermeister Nationals (Biermeister rules)
Rounds: 4
Edition: Second Edition
Format: Infinite Diversity Virtual Draft
Venue: The ArtHouse Hotel (see above for venue details)
Cost: $12 (plus cost of drinks)
Other: PLEASE BRING SLEEVES AND BACKING CARDS! This will be a virtual card event. Includes all full colour printouts, ready cut, ready to play. Just bring your sleeves and backing cards.

THURSDAY
6pm - Australian Second Edition Nationals
Rounds: 4
Format: Infinite Diversity Virtual Draft
Venue: Good Games Burwood
Cost: $12
Other: PLEASE BRING SLEEVES AND BACKING CARDS! This will be a virtual card event. Includes all full colour printouts, ready cut, ready to play. Just bring your sleeves and backing cards.

FRIDAY
3pm - Australian First Edition Continental Championships DAY ONE
Rounds: 6
Edition: First Edition
Format: Official Tournament Format
Cost: $15
Other: DECKLISTS REQUIRED!

6pm - Second Edition Side Event
Rounds: 3
Format: Constructed
Cost: Free
Other: Anything goes. Continentals Warm-up, or play mind-games against your potential Day One opponents? ;)

SATURDAY
9:45am - Mission Briefing
Important briefing about procedure for the day, as well as important rulings and the finals bracket.

10am - Australian Second Edition Continental Championships DAY ONE
Rounds: 6
Cost: $25
Other: DECKLISTS ARE REQUIRED!

6pm - Australian First Edition Continental Championships FINALS
Edition: First Edition
Format: Official Tournament Format
Other: DECKLISTS ARE REQUIRED!

SUNDAY
10am - Australian Second Edition Continental Championships FINALS
Other: DECKLISTS REQUIRED! Decks will be checked every round as usual. Matchplay bracket will be as announced on Saturday morning.

1pm - Second Edition Side Event
Rounds: 3
Format: Special format Transwarp Sealed
Cost: $20 (Free for 2e FINALS drop-outs!)
Other: BRING SLEEVES! Real and Virtual cards will be used. Players encouraged to bring 1e cards for backing. A SMALL amount of marked STCCG backing cards will be provided for any unbacked Virtual cards in the card pool. Also, there will be a surprise format used for this event that turn this event on it's head, shake it about a little, then slap you across the noggin with a fresh, 3.5kg Snapper, courtesy of Burwood Fresh Seafood.

6pm - Awards Ceremony
ALL prizes from the five days will be presented. Any raffle draws and announcements will also take place.

WHY
Because Robert's mum said so.

Coming Soon...
- The 2010 Australian Continental Championships weekend!

Stay Tuned!

====================

Click here to subscribe to this thread and stay informed of any updates as they happen!

====================
Last edited by stoovie on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 11 times in total.

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
NEWS UPDATE on the 2010 AC - Thursday the 13th of May

• This year will once again see the return of the Dream Team; the 2010 Australian Continentals Dream Team competition will be the biggest yet, with probably the greatest spread of talent this country has seen in the last ten years! Player values have been calculated and will be posted on the website early next week.

A Wednesday-night Biermeister is all but confirmed. We are just waiting for a green light on the venue. The event will be open to EVERYONE, regardless if they drink or not. The event will be scored as a regular event, with special prizes awarded to the Biermeisters.

Stay tuned for more news as it comes to hand! Click here to subscribe to this thread.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
NEWS UPDATE on the 2010 AC - Saturday the 22nd of May

• The event schedule has been updated! Check out the OP (original post) for more information on venues, formats, costs and other important info.

NEW EVENT! Friday evening will see a FREE 2e Constructed Tournament run in parallel with the 1e Continentals. There will be prizes, including rares and foils! Be sure to come on down. :)

Check out the 2010 Australian Continentals Dream Team competition in the Continental Championships forum! With values for all Australian players since the 2009 AC, the comprehensive list gives Fantasy Team players more chances to pick a winning team with the new tournament scoring system that gives players points based on a cumulative total of tournament performance over the 2010 AC weekend, better awarding skilled players who may not make it to all events.

Stay tuned for more news as it comes to hand! Click here to subscribe to this thread.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
stoovie wrote:Colour printouts, already cut, ready to play.
So... they're provided?

Your wording is a bit nebulous.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Mike wrote:
stoovie wrote:Colour printouts, already cut, ready to play.
So... they're provided?

Your wording is a bit nebulous.
I take pride in my nebulous...erm...ity. ;)

Yes, they are provided. All you have to do is rock up with sleeves and backing cards.

On that, I strongly recommend players bring 1e cards as backing cards at all sealed events (all the 2010 AC sealed events use virtual cards). That way, we can add real cards to the card pool.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
stoovie wrote:On that, I strongly recommend players bring 1e cards as backing cards at all sealed events (all the 2010 AC sealed events use virtual cards). That way, we can add real cards to the card pool.
I put my entire TSOP set on excess copies of Render Assistance, and I plan to use Limited Welcome for this. :P

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Can I get a roll-call here of who's interested in attending the Biermeister and whether you'd be drinking beer or water. I'm hoping for as many non-drinkers as drinkers, so I need some rough figures to go by so I can prepare enough product.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm in, but in with tea.

Maybe I'll make a caffeine equivalent of the biermeister or something.

Also, I have a nBSG prize to give out on Thursday night to some lucky fan. To get it, you have to pass my irritating trivia challenges.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Of course, all four WA boys are in. Will be drinking the amber ale.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
I'm in for Biermeister, providibg I can drink lots of beer before attempting to answer some of Iron Mikes Trivia questions!

Sample: In The Original Series, season 2 Episode 4, who was the boom operator in the opening Organia 3 scene?

May have to throw a glass of red into the mix as well :)

Looking forward to it

Honest

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The nBSG prize will be given for nBSG trivia. But I have only one prize.

Trek trivia will be prize-less citing my total lack of prizes.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Don't forget, guys - the 2010 Australian Biermeister Nationals are on the Wednesday night this year. What a way to start five fantastic days of Star Trek CCG! :cheersL:

:cheersL: Biermeister Rules :cheersR:

1. Drinks during games (i.e. for game text) need to be bought and consumed within the allowed time limit for the round. Drinks for Victory Points need to be bought and consumed within the allowed 20 minutes between rounds. No advance drinking or advance purchasing of drinks allowed.

2. A "Drink" will be determined on the night. Ideally, it will be as close to a "standard drink" as possible, but we'll adapt according to the best available measures. For fairness, the Drink must be the same for all participants (no substitution allowed, no matter what the alcohol content).

3. The following result in automatic disqualification from the Biermeister (not from the tournament): Spilling of fluids on cards/sleeves; refusal of service from bar. Vomiting will not result in disqualification, as long as it is done in the toilet.

4. The tournament will be scored normally. All participants, including non-drinkers, are welcome to come and play (note that the venue is licensed, hence 18+).

:cheersL: Biermeister Tie-Breakers :cheersR:

Biermeister rankings will be determined by the number of beers consumed. Ties between two or more players will be resolved in the following order (order reset when a tie is broken):

1) Beer-Head to Beer-Head (number of beers drunk against opponent - between two players only)
2) Number of Beers drunk for Victory Points scored
3) Differential
4) Sculling competition.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]