You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
2014 First Edition World Championships - Day 1
Thursday, August 14th - 9:00 AM
GenCon Event Listing
$20 (10 tickets)

Registration for all TrekCC events will begin at least one (1) hour before the scheduled start time. Players must have completed deck lists (paper or digital), their event tickets, and a completed registration form before registering for the events. If you would like to volunteer to help run this event, or any of our other events, please see the information thread here.

First Edition
OTF Constructed
Deck Lists Required

Judging Staff
Charles Plaine (MidnightLich)
Additional Volunteers Needed

Event Information
The 2014 First Edition World Championships - Day 1 will be a Swiss-style tournament, meaning that players continue to play the entire length of the tournament. The exact number of rounds will be determined by attendance, but it is expected to be at least five (5) rounds. Regardless of participation, the Top 8 players will advance to Day 2.

Players must use the same deck throughout the tournament, and may not make any modifications between rounds. However, players may change their decks as much as they wish between Day 1 and Day 2.

Players that participate in at least three (3) rounds of this event will earn a foil virtual promo: Lore. All participants will also receive a special Worlds '14 collectible badge. Additional prizes will also be available for players that complete the tournament.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Post here! Our staff will be happy to help you with anything you need.

-crp
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Perhaps this has already been stated somewhere else, but it bears repeating in this thread. Does the CC know where in the convention center our table space is located yet? If so, can this be listed here? Even if not, can a general area be stated? As the lone MN representative in First Edition Worlds who hasn't been to GenCon in a decade, I am relying on the CC to get me where I need to be before the start of this event. Thanks.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:Perhaps this has already been stated somewhere else, but it bears repeating in this thread. Does the CC know where in the convention center our table space is located yet? If so, can this be listed here? Even if not, can a general area be stated? As the lone MN representative in First Edition Worlds who hasn't been to GenCon in a decade, I am relying on the CC to get me where I need to be before the start of this event. Thanks.
From the GenCon Event listing, this event is being held at:

When you get on site, you should be able to pick up a guide book with a map in it, that'll show you how to find Hall B, and which part of Hall B the "Yellow" tables are. Or just go straight to Hall B and look around (I believe the tableclothes are colour-coordinated) for the Yellow ones. Or wander aimlessly until you start to see people you recognize.

A few google image searches later, here is an idea of what the halls look like:

The bridge to the JW Marriott (where the room block is) is in the bottom right corner, right across from Hall A. Last year we were back in Hall F, so this year it looks like we're even closer to the hotel, which is nice. No clue where within Hall B we'll be exactly, but that should at least get you close enough by that you can find us.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Waiting for my flight at Glasgow airport and pretty damn excited!

Indianapolis, are you ready for sexecution?

:D
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]