For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor

This is a SEALED DECK, OTSD tournament. Card pools will be distributed to all registrants on Monday, February 27. Each player will receive 4 Premiere boosters, 2 Alternate Universe boosters, and 20 fixed OTSD cards. Please build your deck prior to the first round of the tournament.

- LackeyCCG and Skype are required to play.
- Rules/Banned cards in effect at the start of the tournament remain in effect throughout.
- You may change your deck between rounds (because it's a sealed tournament).
- 2 1/2 hour time limit per game.

The rule set is Open. This is somewhat traditional for 1E sealed play. The main reason is that your sealed packs may contain cards on the OTF ban list, and this lets you use them, rather than start with a diminished card pool. (Besides, many of the problematic cards are chiefly problematic in multiple.)

Among the notable differences from OTF:
[SD] Batch seeding is not the rule. As someone who is generally a player, I recommend it. Usually both players will mutually agree to use the batch seeding rules from the OTF document, but you can't demand it.
[SD] Dilemmas go to the discard pile.
[SD] Dilemma seed limit -- waived because it's sealed deck. If you pull 3+ copies of a dilemma, you may use them all.
[SD] There is no inherent prohibition against mission stealing ... but if you use the triple treaty, you've given yourself one.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Bump as a reminder. We have 4 right now, but the more the merrier! (Plus, it would be nice to have some buffer against someone wanting to drop.)

Cards are scheduled to to out tomorrow! You can still sign up later than that, but you'll have less time to prepare.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Cards have been sent. Put the TXT file into your directory LackeyCCG\plugins\startrek1e\cardpools, and you'll see it as a cardpool.

One note of warning, though -- these were randomly generated by Lackey, and the randomness can look awful. For instance, there are a lot of duplicates in the AU-expansion cards. It just happens here in a way that it wouldn't in physical packs.

Also, don't drop because you think you have a bad pool. Everyone's in the same boat. And last time I did this, the person who almost quit because of his "awful" pool ended up winning the tournament.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:
commdecker wrote:Cards have been sent. Put the TXT file into your directory LackeyCCG\plugins\startrek1e\cardpools, and you'll see it as a cardpool.
Where do I find the txt file? (Sorry, new to online sealed!)
It's an attachment to the email I sent you.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Welcome to the final month of WCT Online 2016-2017!

We have 6 players, so there will be 3 rounds.

Here are the pairings for round 1. Game time limit 2h30. Determine who goes first randomly.

* J (The Mad Vulcan) vs Jordan Smith (Mogor)
* Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish) vs Brian S (JeBuS)
* Andrey Gusev (anguss) vs Kris Sonsteby (LORE)

Results should be posted here or sent to me by PM. Please try to have your results in by next Monday (Mar 13).

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Here are the pairings for round 2. Game time limit 2h30. Determine who goes first randomly.

* Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish) vs Kris Sonsteby (LORE)
* Andrey Gusev (anguss) vs Jordan Smith (Mogor)
* J (The Mad Vulcan) vs Brian S (JeBuS)

Results should be posted here or sent to me by PM. Please try to have your results in by next Monday (Mar 20).

Jared FW Kris 100-35

The number of dilemmas that get put on a ship is[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]