For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 602 posts

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
HoodieDM wrote:
Resistance-is-futile wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:Skirmish was the only version where I got the featured purple character all 4 starred. I was able to grind it out in a couple of hours each days limit.

How the heck am I supposed to get over 100000 points on shuttle missions in 3 days? I only have 3 shuttles and can do them every 3 hours. And on top of that, once you get higher and higher, all your toons get so weak I'm running at below 50% completion rate...

~D
At start open as many shuttles as you can - finish in 1 minute. After 10, open 10 more use 3* reductions and finish all missions

You then be close to 4000 point per mission after one day
I have 3 shuttles and am st 150,000 points
Hmmm...that's a good little trick. So open them all at 1 min, then open a bunch at 10 min, then 30 min, then 40, then 1 hr, then 2hr, and then 3 hr after that as normal. Gotcha.

~D
Say there is a 3-way event (8 open per faction)

Open all 24 missions at the start of the event
Do 10 of those normally
Open 10 more and after that do those with blue boosts (instant)
Do the 14 that are left (they show 3 hours but are 1 minute)
After that you should be at 2400 point missions and probably friday morning at 4000 point missions.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Here's a random Timelines strategy tip:

How I win battles during Skirmish events.
1. Wait 10 seconds
2. Press the T'Kuvma button
3. Win

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I hate T'Kuvma. In Admiral division you pretty much have to have a cloak and/or healer to get past him.

Nice thing is if you time your cloaks right you only face him once and then you win...
Last edited by Iron Prime on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Yay Mirror Garak! This last event let me get him to FF, and that let me get the last mission star I was missing! Now he's off to the vault, where he almost gets me the "10 Cardassians" collection! (He's #9, and #10 will be [Dom] Dukat in a few weeks.)

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I stopped playing. I had to drop ST:Timelines and Disney's Magic Kingdom for SWGoH (I play this competitively) and Marvel Strike Force.

Wife said I was on phone too much!! LoL

Was a fun game though, did build a pretty good roster in the short time I played.

~D

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
Yet some time has passed...
294/555 immortalized
26 (/27) 1 star [96%]
45 (/46) 2 star [98%]
73 (/73) 3 star [100%]
172 (/221) 4 star [78%]
10 (/198) 5 star [~5%]

and I´m getting a bit weary. Not all events are useful for me now as new legendaries are mostly not worth it for me. I still have the gifted EV suit Archer and the Augment Commander O´Brien unleveled in my inventory as both of them are good for exactly nothing on lvl 100 if only 1/5.
I only have 4 purple crew left in my inventory that are 4/4 and thus worth leveling (though all of them would be frozen immediately on immortalizing).

So... I´ve really run out of things to do atm. Perhaps I´ll just start saving all those chronitons till I have 80k and then blow them all out on one galaxy event...

What about you?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
305 (27, 45, 74, 148, 11) - although should have another 4 immortalised after this next event!

For me, I’m focused on purples. Picking up final stars via Voyages / Honor purchases. But I’ve similarly “plateau’d” - the backlog of purples earned from events waiting to be immortalised has been cleared and the challenge isn’t quite the same any more. Top 1000 and being stuck with a “useless” 1/5 gold is more of a punishment than a reward. I’ve traded in some recent Golds earned for the Honor instead. Unless they are legitimately cool characters I wouldn’t bother - but given the “scraping the bottom of the barrel” approach DB takes to picking characters, that is pretty rare!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I"m in the same boat. But I actually really like that sometimes the whole event is a clunker - gives me an excuse to spend time away from my phone. 8)
The current event is cool to me though so I'll be burning some resources on this one. :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
Iron Prime wrote:I"m in the same boat. But I actually really like that sometimes the whole event is a clunker - gives me an excuse to spend time away from my phone. 8)
The current event is cool to me though so I'll be burning some resources on this one. :thumbsup:
That indeed is a very good thing. Also makes me appreciate that we are in a non-competetive fleet where partaking in events isnt an absolute must and you get punished for not doing so.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]