For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 602 posts

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
StarTrek Timelines is now available on Apple and Android devices. I recommend checking it out.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I've been playing this over the weekend, neat little app. Two modes of play which basically amount to missions and ship combat. You recruit characters from all 5 shows and mix and match them to use their skills which can line up with missions or use their combat tricks for ship fights. You also can get equipment that upgrades your crew's abilities. You get to play 10 missions every 12 hours.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Yeah I started this last night and I'm hooked. We'll see if it holds up but it may replace Final Fantasy Record Keeper as my primary mobile game.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I'm discovering different aspects as I play more. There are faction missions, which get you reputation rewards depending on which ones you choose. But as for the regular missions, it's a simple yes/no for completion if you hit the last target number. There are 4-5 steps that each require a certain score in a main skill (each step has 1-3 paths). Each character has a rating on 1-3 skills (the less you have the higher your score). For instance:

My "Captain Kirk" has 61 Command, 48 Diplomacy, and 24 Security. In addition, there is a spread of final skill values that are used when he attempts a step. This Kirk has (6-16) for Command, so his base of 61 will have at least 6 added to it (for a minimum 67), or 16 at maximum (77 being his highest possible score).

There are several skills (think 1E classifications). Here are the ones I've seen:

Command
Diplomacy
Engineering
Medical
Science
Security

Along with this, each character has 2-8 traits (this is what we might think of as keywords or skills in the CCG world). Here's a smattering:

Android
Astrophysicist
Augment
Bajoran
Betazoid
Brutal
Cardassian
Civilian
Costumed
Counselor
Cyberneticist
Desperate
Doctor
Duelist
Empath
Exobiology
Explorer
Federation
Ferengi
Gambler
Geneticist
Hirogen
Human
Hunter
Innovator
Inspiring
Jury Rigger
Kazon
Klingon
Maquis
Maverick
Nurse
Pilot
Prodigy
Resourceful
Romulan
Saboteur
Scoundrel
Senator
Spy
Starfleet
Survivalist
Tactician
Tailor
Telepath
Thief
Trill
Undercover Operative
Vulcan
Writer

Each mission has traits associated with it; if you bring personnel with those traits, they may give you bonuses on related checks (i.e. a Diplomacy check might get a bonus from Empath or Telepath).

It's a neat simplification of the general mechanics of 1E/2E missions, with a little bit of luck thrown in.
 -  
For those of you that play this, and have reached captain's level 9 or above (enough to create or join a Fleet), I've created a fleet that anyone on this site is welcome to join. It's called Continuing Committee.

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
OKCoyote wrote:For those of you that play this, and have reached captain's level 9 or above (enough to create or join a Fleet), I've created a fleet that anyone on this site is welcome to join. It's called Continuing Committee.
Thanks! I applied to join.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
When I hit 9 I'll jump in too.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Thanks for admitting me :thumbsup:
 -  
Danny wrote:Thanks for admitting me :thumbsup:
No problem!

Fleets don't seem to do anything right now except give us a less populated chat room, but there's rumblings that could change.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Out of curiosity, has anyone spent any actual money on this?
 -  
Danny wrote:Out of curiosity, has anyone spent any actual money on this?
A little. I bought the monthly card (which is really all you need) and spent five bucks on top of that. Enough to get a few rare cards and increase my crew capacity to 35. I stalled out very quickly without decent Medical, Engineer, and Security in my crew, and that little bit really set me up.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
OKCoyote wrote:I stalled out very quickly without decent Medical, Engineer, and Security in my crew, and that little bit really set me up.
Ah; I managed to land an uncommon Bev Crusher, rare Wesley and started with an uncommon "Promoted" Sisko, so I have those three skills covered, but have also stalled due to the lack of Diplomacy.

Might have to 'invest' to see if I can score a Picard/Kirk...

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:Out of curiosity, has anyone spent any actual money on this?
I bought the monthly card too. That is all I plan on spending.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:Might have to 'invest' to see if I can score a Picard/Kirk...
Godsdammit, I got "Rifle" Janeway.

As for as I can tell, you get XP to increase levels, but this doesn't increase skill proficiency. Rather, it lets you equip certain items (which you have to hunt for) to boost those skills proficiencies. Does that sound right to people?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]