For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Anyone listening to The Greatest Generation?

I'm sure there's a ton of Star Trek episode by episode review/commentary podcasts, but these guys take things a lot less serious and point out a lot of things I really hadn't noticed before. They seem to have experience (or at least more knowledge than I) in film and point out as many cool scenes as they do scenes that were done poorly.

Some of their prevailing themes include...
- Picard is inappropriate with Wesley
- Racisim is everywhere, either by design or accident
- Security aboard the Enterprise D is extremely lax
- 80s fashion is funny

They have one episode where they go into detail about the rise and fall of Chief Engineer Argyle from season 1. I don't even remember that guy and the story they tell is taken from an anecdote from Wil Wheaton. There's a lot of other early Next Gen tidbits that I hadn't heard of before.

The only negative is that they keep saying that they're embarrassed to have a ST podcast; when in reality, I think they are having a great time.

I definitely recommend it to anyone who can live with people poking fun at ST while enjoying it at the same time. Whenever I watch a show like ST, I usually do so through rose-colored glasses, so I miss a lot of the things that these guys point out. But, after it's been identified, I really think about the show more and although it takes away from the fantasy a bit, I find that I enjoy it even more.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
ltkettch17 wrote:Anyone listening to The Greatest Generation?
I am now. The level of humour and insight is right up my street. Thanks for bringing this to the community's attention. :thumbsup:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Thread necro, but has anyone heard the P1 at the end of episode 344 that goes:

"From: Qanon, Son of Non
To: Star Trek CCG Continuing Committee

See you in court, motherfuckers!
P.S. Neil is a p'tach.
P.P.S. Hail Hydra!
P.P.P.S. Trust the process!
"

The hosts label them as "terrifying internet cultists". $100 well spent by the Tower of Commerce :D

By sandy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:10 pm Thread necro, but has anyone heard the P1 at the end of episode 344 that goes:

"From: Qanon, Son of Non
To: Star Trek CCG Continuing Committee

See you in court, motherfuckers!
P.S. Neil is a p'tach.
P.P.S. Hail Hydra!
P.P.P.S. Trust the process!
"

The hosts label them as "terrifying internet cultists". $100 well spent by the Tower of Commerce :D
This is clearly a false flag attempt by the Europeans to foster even more discontent.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Not sure why this is attributed to ToC.

Throwing shade at others who aren’t ‘one of the CC’ is one of the many reasons why I quit all my positions related to the CC.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
DarkSabre wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:03 pm Not sure why this is attributed to ToC.

Throwing shade at others who aren’t ‘one of the CC’ is one of the many reasons why I quit all my positions related to the CC.
You're right, that's my bad. I just assumed "Trust the Process" (one of John's favoured sayings) would be attributable to him, but it so easily could have been said by someone who knew this, and, as Sandy said, wanted to sow discontent.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
All I can really muster for this is a shrug. Someone, somewhere, is more interested in using their money to stir up bad feelings rather than putting that money to productive use. What else is new?

Seems like a waste of money. But it's not mine and it's not the CC's, so... whatever.

No matter who spent the money, the only reason to react to it is if you want to encourage it. So... don't react. Shrug and move on.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
JeBuS wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:32 pm All I can really muster for this is a shrug. Someone, somewhere, is more interested in using their money to stir up bad feelings rather than putting that money to productive use. What else is new?

Seems like a waste of money. But it's not mine and it's not the CC's, so... whatever.

No matter who spent the money, the only reason to react to it is if you want to encourage it. So... don't react. Shrug and move on.
Ahh the clasic not reacting by reacting by saying your not reacting gambit...
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
pfti wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:01 pm
JeBuS wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:32 pm All I can really muster for this is a shrug. Someone, somewhere, is more interested in using their money to stir up bad feelings rather than putting that money to productive use. What else is new?

Ahh the clasic not reacting by reacting by saying your not reacting gambit...
Damn, you caught me! So much time and energy put into planning that non-reaction-reaction-gambit! And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids! :P
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
ntimmons wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:32 am
Danny wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:10 pm "
P.S. Neil is a p'tach.
"
I have long since suspected this....
You're not a p'tach.

You're a PetaQ!

Because, in this house, we believe in spelling transliterated Klingon correctly!

By ntimmons (Neil Timmons)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:52 pm
ntimmons wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:32 am
Danny wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:10 pm "
P.S. Neil is a p'tach.
"
I have long since suspected this....
You're not a p'tach.

You're a PetaQ!

Because, in this house, we believe in spelling transliterated Klingon correctly!
Thanks man.. I needed that. I just read this like right now.. and given the state of my city (I live 9 miles from the US Capitol building) and how big Covid is here in Maryland, and that I do daily battle with the evil forces of a 10 year old girl who isn't my daughter... laughs are few and far between, and this just made me feel good. I really appreciate it. :-)

I hope you and yours are doing well and being safe.. we'll get through this in time.. but sadly that time isn't here yet.

Kindest regards,
Neil
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation