For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Geez. Run over by his own car, that really is a freak accident.

So sad when someone so young dies.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
That's a damn shame. :(
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Quite a talented actor. He's been doing it for a while and everyone who worked with him talked about how great he was to work with and what a brilliant mind he had. He will be missed.

Beyond looks to be his last appearance.

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
That's lame. He was one hard working actor, has been in tonnes of stuff lately.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:Why is physics a "freak accident". Sad, sure. But nothing strange and gravity and a car in neutral.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
Sounds better then nominating him for a Darwin. But it was an unfortunate occurrence and it's sad to see a trek actor go at such an early age

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote:
KillerB wrote:Why is physics a "freak accident". Sad, sure. But nothing strange and gravity and a car in neutral.

Sounds better then nominating him for a Darwin. But it was an unfortunate occurrence and it's sad to see a trek actor go at such an early age
Funny, I just declared Darwinism at work for the Nebraska family who plays in alligator ponds.

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
I´m not as struck as I was when other Trek actors died, mostly because I hate the reboot. But for what it´s worth, Chekov was one of the lesser annoying parts - and after all, life isnt all about Trek.

A real shame that someone has to die at this Young Age.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Dunnagh wrote:I´m not as struck as I was when other Trek actors died, mostly because I hate the reboot. But for what it´s worth, Chekov was one of the lesser annoying parts - and after all, life isnt all about Trek.

My feelings as well.

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
This hit me because it was so unexpected and such an unfortunate accident. Also because I liked him in the films, even if his parts were small.

I had already bought a ticket to see Into Darkness on Wednesday at a local theater. It will be interesting to see what the reaction will be when he appears on screen.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote:
Dunnagh wrote:I´m not as struck as I was when other Trek actors died, mostly because I hate the reboot. But for what it´s worth, Chekov was one of the lesser annoying parts - and after all, life isnt all about Trek.

My feelings as well.
When the TOS crew started dying off, I was sad but not surprised. However, as someone who came of age watching TNG and DS9 (and to a lesser extent, Voyager and Enterprise) that bunch is still generally on the young side. I can easily imagine the loss of a Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, Avery Brooks, etc. striking a much more personal emotional blow, and to lose any of them suddenly and unexpectedly would amplify that with a sense of shock.

I would also put George Takei in this group. I got to meet him personally twice when I was in (and just out of) college, and actually got to know him a bit through conversation.

As an aside, George has a fascinating (no pun intended) life story. I would recommend his autobiography To the Stars to anyone who likes Trek and hasn't read it.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  

According to the AP, his SUV had recently been placed under recall. Drivers were complaining that, because of the display method, it was difficult to tell when the vehicle was in park. Many drivers had exited their vehicles in park, and then the vehicle began to roll away.

Seems like this really was just a tragic accident.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:I heard the Jeep Grand Cherokee pledged allegiance to ISIS right before the murder.
:thumbsup:

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.