For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
For those of you collecting, a rather stark warning for you....

Was at the Europe Star Trek con and Eaglemoss had a stall, where they were previewing a lot of bitchin' new ships.

One of them was an oversized TOS Enterprise. And it looks sexy.

When I say oversized, I mean 2-3 times the size of the usual oversized specials. Probably looking at £40-50 for it when it gets released next year.

Better start buying some new bloody shelves :D
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Cancelled my account today when the replacement NX-01 also arrived broken. (The replacement 1701-D arrived intact, though quite late.)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Thread necro!

I decided to give Eaglemoss a try since they had an introductory offer where they send you the Enterprise-D and the Enterprise-B (which will likely arrive on a Tuesday) for $4.95.

Reading this thread, I just hope they have their shipping issues sorted, or at least make the models themselves more sturdy these days.

Don't know if I'll stay with it or not since I'll never have the room for the full collection, but if the introductory two turn out nice, I might buy ships individually. Amazon sells their version of the Orville for $30, and I'd likely want the U.S.S. Cerritos from Lower Decks when they make one. Plus the usual main ship suspects.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
That was not meant as an advertisement. :P

But it is a pretty good deal. I'm just sorry I didn't take it when the bonus ship was the Voyager instead of the Enterprise-B.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I did it for a while back in the day when the bonus ship was a K'Vort. My experience was mostly good. And if things did some broken they got replaced pretty fast*. The cost and space started to add up so I had to stop though - I might restart if we move this summer (assuming I have more space). They really are nice little ships.

*it turned out a lot of the 'broken' was glue issues. So I fixed up two of them and gave them as gifts.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Prime wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:12 pm Well played, sir. Well played.
No kiddin'! :shock: +1.
Boffo97 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:13 am Enterprise-B (which will likely arrive on a Tuesday)
I see what you did there, too.

Nice idea. Personally, have even less space than money for it, so a total no-brainer.
I have to draw the line somewhere, and would also get super mad if the mail service broke my little ships.

But I was an avid model builder once (have some very nice ones -- my pride is the AMT/Ertl 40~45cm(?) long Defiant with a fairly good paint job), and a collector of retail ones as well. Would've loved to subscribe for this, back then. (Now: glad it didn't exist yet... :D It's so much hassle moving and storing models... and internet -- schematics, 3D meshes, HD screencaps -- satiates(?) my spaceship fetish. Takes up only the size of a walnut. Somewhere. Well... :lol: )

But: many more photos, please! 8)

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:43 am
Boffo97 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:13 am Enterprise-B (which will likely arrive on a Tuesday)

Nice idea. Personally, have even less space than money for it, so a total no-brainer.

I have to draw the line somewhere, and would also get super mad if the mail service broke my little ships.

But I was an avid model builder once (have some very nice ones -- my pride is the AMT/Ertl 40~45cm(?) long Defiant with a fairly good paint job), and a collector of retail ones as well. Would've loved to subscribe for this, back then. (Now: glad it didn't exist yet... :D It's so much hassle moving and storing models... and internet -- schematics, 3D meshes, HD screencaps -- satiates(?) my spaceship fetish. Takes up only the size of a walnut. Somewhere. Well... :lol: )

FTFY :wink:
:cheersL:

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Prime wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:28 am
SudenKapala wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:43 am

FTFY :wink:
:cheersL:
10 Bonus points! (Especially if playing Borg.) :D :cheersL: I didn't want to make it too obvious, but that's exactly the card I was thinking of.
Someone else spot the other one? :lol:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The only hint I've gotten as to that is it says 21 days after ordering, which I agree doesn't leave a long grace period before they hit you with two full price ones. They do have a number you can call.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
So the 21 days after I ordered that they said to allow for delivery expired yesterday with no ships and no "Your items have shipped" email.

If they're not here tomorrow, I'll call and see what's going on since I also do not want to be waiting so long for the intro pack that I get billed for the 2nd shipment without receiving the 1st.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]