For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
So for JeBuS and anyone else who may have ordered: Shipments are delayed right now because they're out of stock on the magazines that come with the ships. They have no ETA on when they'll be restocked currently.

I haven't been billed, and they say that they will send an e-mail when the introductory pack ships and the 2nd shipment won't happen until 4 weeks after that.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Boffo97 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:18 pm So for JeBuS and anyone else who may have ordered: Shipments are delayed right now because they're out of stock on the magazines that come with the ships. They have no ETA on when they'll be restocked currently.

I haven't been billed, and they say that they will send an e-mail when the introductory pack ships and the 2nd shipment won't happen until 4 weeks after that.
Gracias. I meant to call them today as well. Hadn't gotten around to it.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
I also ordered their Ent-D model kit at the same time and they have just now charged me for that. So a month later and at least it appears like something is going to ship soon. Even if I wanted to continue a subscription with them, this would have turned me off. A month goes by with zero communication from them about two different orders. This is not a good "introduction".

I wonder if I'll get either of them before I move at the end of the month... :neutral:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Yeah, this also has me definitely thinking I'll just take the introductory offer, cancel, and look for any other ships I'd like separately.

At the very least, as you said, communicate with us or maybe give us an offer to send the ships now and the magazines later.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Got the shipment of the Model kit intro.

It's... Deck 1 and a nacelle...

:neutral:

So, this is a caveat emptor situation, obviously. I wasn't aware that it was going to be an $1800 model that would take 3 years to build.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:10 pm Got the shipment of the Model kit intro.

It's... Deck 1 and a nacelle...

:neutral:

So, this is a caveat emptor situation, obviously. I wasn't aware that it was going to be an $1800 model that would take 3 years to build.
How big is this thing supposed to be?!?
 -  
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:13 am Over 2ft.
The picture does show individual slices, but wow - they do a very good job of only calling it "model kits 1 and 2" and not admitting they're selling you the thing piece-meal.

Wonder how many people fall for sunk cost fallacy?

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Depends how fast they read (or don't) I suppose. I knew what it was almost immediately. Only reason I didn't sign up is that I don't have place to put it! Maybe some day...
 -  
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:48 am Depends how fast they read (or don't) I suppose. I knew what it was almost immediately. Only reason I didn't sign up is that I don't have place to put it! Maybe some day...
And they definitely don't go out of their way to tell you that you're buying one model on a *very* long installment plan. Having to click "more" to get told that the total model is 120 model kits feels very skeezy to me, for instance.

It reminds me of those rent-to-own scams we see around town - sure, you could cancel at any time, but then you're stuck with a half-built carcass. And I'll bet ya that some key parts of this thing won't arrive until "kit" 120 - at least, I couldn't see anything that told you what order parts came in.

But 1800 bucks and 3 years? I bet you could commission a much nicer Enterprise for that kinda money.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hell, I got the 50th Anniversary Mega Bloks TOS Enterprise for under $200 on ebay and that thing is over 3 feet long and a foot high.

Took me a whole 3 day weekend to build it, but it's awesome sitting on my bookcase within camera shot of my computer. 8)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The more I'm hearing about this company, the more I'm definitely thinking:

1. I'll definitely cancel after the introductory package.
2. If I don't hear anything about that by the end of this month, I'll tell them to cancel that.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
When I had them it was a rough start and then it all ran like clockwork. Your mileage may vary of course, but just so you know.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
I received the die cast model. It's... okay, I guess. $5 is the right price for it, though. The paint job has several errors and scuffs. The stand is such that I think it will further scuff the paint if you take it on / off enough.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]