For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By golden flamingo (Richard Crandall)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
What is the story behind that oversize Decaren card? Was it not distributed alongside the other oversize 1e cards? And is it essentially impossible to find today?

-  
Just noticed this post and have a question to anyone that owns one of these Decaren Oversized cards.

I've just laid my hands on two and they look perfect and the person I bought them off said he was given them by the actor at a convention and signed in front of him. That sounds spot on to me. He is a very honest seller so no problems there.

Now when I received them they have printing on the reverse side unlike the other oversized cards. Something like Decipher.com and Star Trek.com. Is that correct?

Thanks to anyone that can help.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Starcarper wrote:Just noticed this post and have a question to anyone that owns one of these Decaren Oversized cards.

I've just laid my hands on two and they look perfect and the person I bought them off said he was given them by the actor at a convention and signed in front of him. That sounds spot on to me. He is a very honest seller so no problems there.

Now when I received them they have printing on the reverse side unlike the other oversized cards. Something like Decipher.com and Star Trek.com. Is that correct?

Thanks to anyone that can help.
I can confirm the first part of your post. My son and I were at a convention in DragonCon that Decipher had a booth at. They brought in Vaughn Armstrong and he autographed everyone's cards. I can't speak for the second issue regarding the verbiage on the reverse side. I don't honestly know if my son's has that or not.

-  
Thanks Rick.

The cards look exactly "right" same finish and card stock as all of my cards and the gent I bought them from only sold them to me for the price of two autograph lots.

If you do get the chance to ask your son sometime in the future then I'd really appreciate it if you could drop me a quick note if it is possible.

Thanks again.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
I just checked and yes, the card does have the names printed on the back side. For some reason, the over sized Riker card does not. So, your cards are indeed the real thing.

-  
Rick, thank you so much for checking for me.

It just seemed strange that they have it and the other promos didn't. Especially when everything else about the cards seemed correct.

Oh well one super happy collector here with the best Christmas cards I've ever received.

Thanks again for the very kind help.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Starcarper wrote:Rick, thank you so much for checking for me.

It just seemed strange that they have it and the other promos didn't. Especially when everything else about the cards seemed correct.

Oh well one super happy collector here with the best Christmas cards I've ever received.

Thanks again for the very kind help.
Vaughn was pretty awesome that day. His autograph schedule had him signing in one place while we were playing in a tournament elsewhere at the same time. Vaughn made a special effort to come over to the gaming area and sign our cards for us so we wouldn't miss the tournament or the signing opportunity. I collect a lot of autographs, but no one had ever done that before or since. Great guy.

By golden flamingo (Richard Crandall)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I don't suppose that anyone has an extra oversized Decaren that they'd be willing to part with? :D :D :D
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
golden flamingo wrote:I don't suppose that anyone has an extra oversized Decaren that they'd be willing to part with? :D :D :D
I can check if we do, but I kind of doubt it.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
golden flamingo wrote:I don't suppose that anyone has an extra oversized Decaren that they'd be willing to part with? :D :D :D
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Great thread with great info! Fun to read.

Is there anything more rare in the STCCG collecting universe?

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
jjh wrote:Is there anything more rare in the STCCG collecting universe?
Perhaps a signed Montgomery Scott card? James Doohan did sign at least a few before he passed, but not many.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
CaptMDKirk wrote:
Perhaps a signed Montgomery Scott card? James Doohan did sign at least a few before he passed, but not many.
Maybe a signed FO Spock. Got one of those. :shifty:

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
CaptMDKirk wrote:
I may have one of those, but I didn't see it personally signed and have no guarantee it's authentic even though it looks pretty legit with other signatures of his at that time. That said, it was a surprise gift from good friends and that makes it priceless whether it's the real deal or not.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation