For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 436 posts

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Hi guys, I just uploaded my 23 achievements deck...
Firstly, wow! Secondly, kudos for playing this in a physical environment. Thirdly, seems like there was a lot of Cardassians at the table...

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote:Yea, decks are limited to 20 achievements atm, but I don't know why.
Well, thats very unfortunate and I must say it pisses me off quite a bit. I "sacrificed" a tournament to squeeze in as many achievements as I could and then this???

Bloody hell ... I´m speechless.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
eberlems wrote:Yea, decks are limited to 20 achievements atm, but I don't know why.
Well, thats very unfortunate and I must say it pisses me off quite a bit. I "sacrificed" a tournament to squeeze in as many achievements as I could and then this???

I cannot confirm this, but my suspicion is that this was a technical limitation. Each achievement is a separate database query, I believe. Running too many could cause the database to timeout, which is generally a bad thing with unpredictable consequences.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:

I cannot confirm this, but my suspicion is that this was a technical limitation. Each achievement is a separate database query, I believe. Running too many could cause the database to timeout, which is generally a bad thing with unpredictable consequences.
Actually, it's much simpler than that. It has to run all of the queries anyway, so limiting the number of achievements you can earn doesn't really help with that.
The real reason is that when I was setting up the database field to hold all of the achievements, I thought "Hmm... 100 characters should be enough, most decks will only have 4-5 deck achievements and surely nobody will go completely crazy and try to include THAT many more". And with each most achievement codes being 3 characters long, but a couple spacers on each side, apparently that holds approximately 20 achievements in the field.

Since I obviously underestimated players capacity for crazy deck builds, I've now doubled the size of that field, and those two achievements are showing up for the deck now.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Never underestimate the power of nerdy gamers to min/max their way to breaking a system. :wink:

Good fix, Chris! :thumbsup:
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Maelwys wrote:
JeBuS wrote:I cannot confirm this, but my suspicion is that this was a technical limitation. Each achievement is a separate database query, I believe. Running too many could cause the database to timeout, which is generally a bad thing with unpredictable consequences.
Actually, it's much simpler than that. It has to run all of the queries anyway, so limiting the number of achievements you can earn doesn't really help with that.
Yep, I realized that not too long after posting and looking at some of the code.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
I played with a Tribbles Double Rainbow deck over the weekend but didn't get the achievement for it. It has been made public and posted in a sanctioned tournament.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I assume this is the one? When did you attach it to the tourney? I wonder if the achievement checking job got caught up in the site upgrade.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:29 pm I assume this is the one? When did you attach it to the tourney? I wonder if the achievement checking job got caught up in the site upgrade.
Yes, that's it. I didn't attach it until after the site was updated. For that matter, I don't think Sean even posted the results until afterwards as well since the site was down the day of our event.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
The nightly job that awards achievements hasn't been run since the upgrade on Saturday. I believe the issue has now been identified and resolved, so it should run tonight and catch up on all of the missing achievements from the last few days.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Maelwys wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:52 pm The nightly job that awards achievements hasn't been run since the upgrade on Saturday. I believe the issue has now been identified and resolved, so it should run tonight and catch up on all of the missing achievements from the last few days.
Nope, still didn't get the achievement.

By Warrior50
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Would like to know why my achievements from Saturday 9/12/20 have not shown up in my dashboard. I had the achievement for playing all our yesterdays, good casting forLenard for Krase and the dilemma achievement for Up the anted. Just want to know if they will post or if I will lose the achievements. Please advise.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
It looks like something went wonky with the Achievement job recently. Rick already posted about it here. I find it interesting that you still haven't gotten those achievements, because I played a deck last night in a Tribbles tourney that did get the desired achievements, so it looks like the job ran correctly for me.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The picture for the Spy vs. Spy Tribbles achievement is showing Party, Qapla' and Fizzbin, rather than Rival and Fold like it ought to.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]