For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 454 posts
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Worf Son of Mogh wrote:Don;t knwo if this is happening to others but on Saturday, in the 2e deck builder, when i was in the edit deck screen and clicked the check Achievments button it kept brining up the new deck page...
Checking ahcievments still worked fine when i had a view deck screen open though. IT appeares to be working fine now, but just wnated to give a heads up incase it pops up agian.
Thanks for the report. Was it, by any chance, a new deck? I wonder whether there's something weird about the button in Add mode (as opposed to Edit mode).

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Worf Son of Mogh wrote:Don;t knwo if this is happening to others but on Saturday, in the 2e deck builder, when i was in the edit deck screen and clicked the check Achievments button it kept brining up the new deck page...
Checking ahcievments still worked fine when i had a view deck screen open though. IT appeares to be working fine now, but just wnated to give a heads up incase it pops up agian.
Thanks for the report. Was it, by any chance, a new deck? I wonder whether there's something weird about the button in Add mode (as opposed to Edit mode).
I had a similar problem making a new deck. I had saved the deck. Then when I clicked Check Achievements it did something weird. I went back and then went to Manage My Decks and clicked into the deck and hit Check Achievements and that time the button worked fine.
Last edited by Jono on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote:
was definitely in edit mode since i went in and out of the deck a few times when it happened and it kept happening when the deck was in edit. but i can;t seam to duplicate anymore today so what ever it was fixed it self at least for now, if it happens again I'll try and let you know at the time and do more testing.
 -  
Community Contributor
UPDATE:

Fixed in tonight's run:

Insert Undercover Agent
Issue Secret Orders
Children of the Light
[Secret #1]
[Secret #2]

The only winner was Matt Kirk for Insert Undercover Agent. These are tough achievements to achieve. (The key card in the hidden achievement pair is barely even seeing play.) But, when you achieve them, you'll win them! Hooray!

Credit, once again, to anguss, for his help writing the deck queries for all of these.

Still broken:

Party Player / Get This Party Started
Targeting Player / Spy vs. Spy

Not sure why. Whatever it is, I'm pretty much certain it's my fault. I'll work on it today. But, after that, we're set! Achievements are almost at full bore!
 -  
Community Contributor
UPDATE:

All Achievements Are Fixed

Party Player / Let's Get This Party Started and Targeting Player / Spy vs. Spy were fixed a couple minutes ago. I wanted to test that it worked, so I ran the nightly achievements job in the middle of the day... and it did work! Go check out your well-deserved achievements, folks!

Andrey is Staying On

Andrey/anguss has generously volunteered to continue donating his time to the CC, where he can continue his work refining existing achievements... and helping SirRogue create new achievements! Plans are being laid even as we speak.

I'll let Andrey speak for himself if he wants to say anything public, but, for my part, I couldn't be happier to have him on the team, and I know Rogue's pretty pleased, too. Thanks to Chris and Charlie for making it possible... and of course to Andrey for doing it!

(Problems with the deck editor's achievement check are still my bag, though, so I'll look into that bug when I have the chance, Ken and Jono.)

So... we're pretty much done here, folks! Let me know if there's anything still wrong with achievements, PM me with anything new, and otherwise I'm going to close out the Ken/Jono issue and then get back to my real job: building the new CC website!

By anguss (Andrey Gusev)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks, James, for the invitation. It's great that I can contribute to trekcc and our communitity with my knowledge and I'm glad to do so.

So folks, be ready for the new achievements go live soon :cheersL:

Andrey

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
I see two more issues about achievements, of different natures:

1. Party Player has the wrong image. It shows the powers Party, Qapla, and Fizzbin ... but the achiemevent triggers from Party, Qapla, and Avalanche.
2. The achievement for the all-Vulcan deck is available for 1E and 2E, but it only uses the 2E definition of Vulcan -- hybrids like Spock don't count. When evaluating a 1E deck, I submit that it should use the 1E definition, where hybrids like Spock do count as Vulcan.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
commdecker wrote:I see two more issues about achievements, of different natures:

1. Party Player has the wrong image. It shows the powers Party, Qapla, and Fizzbin ... but the achiemevent triggers from Party, Qapla, and Avalanche.
2. The achievement for the all-Vulcan deck is available for 1E and 2E, but it only uses the 2E definition of Vulcan -- hybrids like Spock don't count. When evaluating a 1E deck, I submit that it should use the 1E definition, where hybrids like Spock do count as Vulcan.
RE: 2 as i understand it the problem is not that Spock is a Vulcan but that he is also a non Vulcan, and the achievement was worded as no non-vulcan's so he counts as a non-vulcan in 1e since hes a human as well, Now I'd LOVE to be able to use him for that achievement my self, It's one i haven't worked on yet, but i had always assumed it was on purpose that you could not use him, though I'd be very happy to be wrong.

:)
 -  
Community Contributor
It's not a decision Andrey or I can make, so we asked Rogue.

I agree with Matt that he ought to count as a Vulcan, but 1E species rules are admittedly confusing.
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Emperor
commdecker wrote: The achievement for the all-Vulcan deck is available for 1E and 2E, but it only uses the 2E definition of Vulcan -- hybrids like Spock don't count. When evaluating a 1E deck, I submit that it should use the 1E definition, where hybrids like Spock do count as Vulcan.
This is not a bug or error. It functions as it was designed. Achievements are written to be very specific; in this instance, it lists "Vulcan", not "at least part-Vulcan". That applies equally to both games. It is not beholden to the edition rules unless specified by the achievement text, particularly on an achievement that works for both editions. Otherwise, you wouldn't know which applies without making some pretty big assumptions, which we try to avoid.

These are meant to be challenging, and pretty much all versions of Spock are extremely good. You'll have to make do without him. If you think it is still too hard in 1E, then I guess you'll have to wait for the someday release of the rumored broken link [Vul] affiliation. ;)
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
BCSWowbagger wrote:UPDATE:

All Achievements Are Fixed

Party Player / Let's Get This Party Started and Targeting Player / Spy vs. Spy were fixed a couple minutes ago. I wanted to test that it worked, so I ran the nightly achievements job in the middle of the day... and it did work! Go check out your well-deserved achievements, folks!
Um, I think that there's still two more set of achievements that aren't working -

Minimal Tribble

5 Points
Play in a tournament with a minimum sized tribbles deck.
Earned: 2015-04-15
Earned by 0 people.

Partially Sterile

5 Points
Win a tournament with a minimum sized tribbles deck.
Earned: 2015-05-03
Earned by 0 people.

Maximum Trouble

5 Points
Play in a tournament with an oversized tribbles deck.
Earned: 2015-04-12
Earned by 0 people.

Unusually Fertile

5 Points
Win a tournament with an oversized tribbles deck.
Earned: 2015-04-12
Earned by 0 people.

Michael,
trying to be helpful

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
SirRogue wrote:
commdecker wrote: The achievement for the all-Vulcan deck is available for 1E and 2E, but it only uses the 2E definition of Vulcan -- hybrids like Spock don't count. When evaluating a 1E deck, I submit that it should use the 1E definition, where hybrids like Spock do count as Vulcan.
This is not a bug or error. It functions as it was designed. Achievements are written to be very specific; in this instance, it lists "Vulcan", not "at least part-Vulcan". That applies equally to both games. It is not beholden to the edition rules unless specified by the achievement text, particularly on an achievement that works for both editions. Otherwise, you wouldn't know which applies without making some pretty big assumptions, which we try to avoid.

These are meant to be challenging, and pretty much all versions of Spock are extremely good. You'll have to make do without him. If you think it is still too hard in 1E, then I guess you'll have to wait for the someday release of the rumored broken link [Vul] affiliation. ;)
With all due respect, I think this is the most bullshit excuse I have ever seen.
 -  
Community Contributor
The Ninja Scot wrote: Michael,
trying to be helpful
Hey, MVB, thanks for bringing this up.

I am a terrible tribble player, so I'm not sure exactly what SHOULD qualify for this. (The achievement checker says no decks currently qualify.) Do you have any minimum-size decks I can look at? Then I can see why the query isn't picking them up.

...or I can pass that data to Andrey and get him to do it. :P

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
BCSWowbagger wrote:
trying to be helpful

I am a terrible tribble player, so I'm not sure exactly what SHOULD qualify for this. (The achievement checker says no decks currently qualify.) Do you have any minimum-size decks I can look at? Then I can see why the query isn't picking them up.

Here is a deck that should qualify for the Maximum Trouble achievement:
https://www.trekcc.org/tribbles/decklis ... eckID=4767

Here is a deck that should qualify for the Minimal Tribble achievement:
https://www.trekcc.org/tribbles/decklis ... eckID=4465

Note that it says I've earned 3 of the 4 achievements but it also says 0 people have earned them... so something broke.
Last edited by Jono on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
BCSWowbagger wrote:
trying to be helpful

https://www.trekcc.org/tribbles/decklis ... eckID=4457
https://www.trekcc.org/tribbles/decklis ... eckID=4377

Michael

The number of dilemmas that get put on a ship is[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]