For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 454 posts

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
As far as achievements - there's still a mess of wrong. There's nothing listed in the "Recent achievements", so it appears none of the new ones triggered. In checking the Infiltrator & the High Span mission ones, they still show 0 people earned, so seems these are all still borked.

And now I can't pull up the list of the achievement standings, my browser just keeps spinning.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
To reiterate:
BCSWowbagger wrote:I turn my attention tomorrow and next week to the remaining broken achievements -- all from May 2016. The full list of broken achievements is:
Known Broken Achievements

Just Like Old Times
Deep Roots
TOS Empire Player
Fear Will Keep Them In Line

Insert Undercover Agent
Issue Secret Orders
A Long Road
Reach Any Star
Ignored Jurisdiction
Defiant Reprisal
Children of the Light
Good Casting: Warner
Good Casting: Warner (Gorkon)
Good Casting: Warner (Madred)
Good Casting: Warner (St. John Talbot)Great Casting: Warner
Great Casting: Warner (Gorkon)
Great Casting: Warner (Madred)
Great Casting: Warner (St. John Talbot)
Party Player
Let's Get This Party Started
Targeting Player
Spy vs. Spy
[May Hidden Achievement #1]
[May Hidden Achievement #2]
If, as of Friday morning, you still have a busted achievement that's NOT on this list, then I want to hear about it.

If it IS on this list, then know that we are working on it.
I believe both the high-span mission and infiltration achievements you mention, Marquetry, are on that list. So we know they are broken and are working on them.

That's going to require some elbow grease over the next few days, since, as has been mentioned elsewhere, none of them has ever had the core SQL written for them. I'm hoping to get Good/Great Casting: Warner (St. John Talbot) done today before the nightly achievement check... and that'll be it for today.

The rest of achievements -- the ones NOT on that list -- should be working now, and I want to know if they aren't.

Achievement Standings loads fine for me. Takes nearly a full minute, but that's not new. It shows a bunch of people getting achievements on 03-01-17 (EDIT: you included, now that I look), which is correct. (Technically it happened on the afternoon of 03-02-17, but the achievement checker doesn't know how to deal with midday runs.)

Is that the same problem as you are having? Is it timing out? Or does it keep spinning even after the usual one minute is up?

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I'll check from home tonight on the list, phone would be a really bad way to checkk it.

And that's what I get for reading posts at midnight, thought you were saying those were the ones that had been fixed and to let you know if others or those weren't working. Oopsie...

:)
 -  
Community Contributor
No worries! Looking back, I should have been clearer... but, like you said, that's what I get for posting right before bed!

Good/Great Casting: Warner (St. John Talbot) is mostly set up, but there's a bug somewhere I have to track down, because it's not seeing the deck group query I wrote. We will see whether I find it before the nightly achievements run or not.

I am once again stunned Maelwys did all this manually for hundreds of achievements for years. Just this achievement was two hours of work getting all the pieces aligned, and it still isn't actually working.

EDIT: didn't realize group_id had to match in achievement_deck and achievement_group for deckcheck to run correctly. Fixed now. So that's one achievement online! Several players should win it tonight, all on the 2E side.

EDIT2: Dang it. Nobody received it. Three normal achievements and one old hidden achievement were awarded, but nobody got the Good Casting: Warner medal they richly deserve. So, I wired it up wrong. I'll look into it Monday.

EDIT3: Ah! So it turns out "userid" is not equal to "userID" in certain communications between PHP and MySQL. Fixed that. Everybody got their achievements. Here's the list of non-hidden achievements:
Jason Tang (Pants o.t. Tal Shiar) Deep Space Nine Player
Kevin (Kerlingonoas) Next Generation Player
Kevin (Kerlingonoas) Good Casting: Spiner (Data)
Rick Kinney (T-Ricks) Good Casting: Warner (St. John Talbot)
J (The Mad Vulcan) Good Casting: Warner (St. John Talbot)
Kevin Jaeger (Hoss-Drone) Good Casting: Warner (St. John Talbot)
Ted Reebel (TReebel) Good Casting: Warner (St. John Talbot)
Avery Matteson (averybean) Good Casting: Warner (St. John Talbot)
Tobias Rausmann (garetjax) Good Casting: Warner (St. John Talbot)
Chris O'Connell (Brak_) Good Casting: Warner (St. John Talbot)
Justin Kaufman (CrimsonRavage) Good Casting: Warner (St. John Talbot)(955)
It might not show up in Recent Achievements by morning, because I have to do another run of the job to clean up some stuff I did here (and that usually clears the Recent Achievements tab), but one achievement is a go. Yay.
 -  
Community Contributor
UPDATE:

If you've run an achievement check on any of your decks in the past hour or so, you may have thought the achievement checker was broken again. After you click the achievement check button, the page immediately reloads. No pause, no grind, nothing to suggest that any work has been done.

It's not broken. That's just how fast achievement checks run now.

Everybody say thanks to anguss! Over the weekend, he sent me a batch of optimized queries for some 51 deck design achievements, plus a new index for one of the tables. I tested his changes out locally today, then uploaded them to the CC database about an hour ago. After some more testing on my account, I made them public.

As of this morning, checking achievements for a 1E deck took 59 seconds. No matter how big your deck was or what achievements it was eligible for, the check took 59 seconds.

Now that we're running anguss's optimized queries instead, the time to check a 1E deck is 0.4 seconds. That's 147 times faster than achievements were running this morning. I saw similar improvements in 2E and Tribbles achievement checks (although they weren't as slow in the first place).

So, big round of applause for Andrey Gusev!

And, of course, if you detect any problems with the new achievement checks, please let me know. If I've done my regex right, then the following achievement families were optimized:
Code: Select all
1e	943	Ahh, That's Better
1e	902	Illegitimate TNG Klingon Player
1e	626	The Continuing Mission
1e	575	TNG Federation Player
1e	577	TNG Ferengi Player
1e	579	TNG Klingon Player
1e	46	TNG Movie era Player
1e	645	TNG Romulan Player
1e	900	Underground TNG Romulan Player
1e	942	Wait, What?
1e;2e	63	The Bare Minimum
2e	628	Going to the Top
2e	630	Lower Decks
tr	274	Avalanche of Pain Player
tr	232	Base on Balls
tr	243	Battle Player
tr	269	Big Trouble in Little Qo'nos
tr	223	Black & White Player
tr	211	Bonus Player
tr	205	Clone Player
tr	247	Cycling Player
tr	267	Dance Player
tr	227	Denial Player
tr	221	Discard Player
tr	272	Generous Player
tr	217	Hot off the Presses
tr	235	Irregular Breed
tr	282	Maximum Trouble
tr	280	Minimal Tribble
tr	245	Mooching Player
tr	213	More Tribbles, More Troubles
tr	278	Mutant Diversity Player
tr	230	No Tengo
tr	214	No Tribble At All
tr	242	Nothing But Tribble
tr	240	Peek-A-Boo
tr	209	Poision Player
tr	251	Policing Player
tr	219	Rainbow Litter
tr	276	Reactive Player
tr	225	Recursive Player
tr	270	Renegade Player
tr	207	Rescue Player
tr	249	Safe Timewarp Player
tr	265	Set For Charge
tr	231	Spot me a C Note? 
tr	234	Super No Va
tr	233	They Go That High? 
tr	215	Trials and Tribble-ations
tr	292	Tribbles Royale
tr	263	Tribbles, Klingon Style
tr	290	Trouble Tripper Player
tr	229	Who Built This Deck? 
P.S. In other news, I am currently running nightly achievement checks manually, and not necessarily at midnight. Something is preventing them from finishing when run by automation, but they work fine when run manually. But that means your achievements are not being rewarded as consistently as usual. Sorry 'bout it.
 -  
Community Contributor
TOS Empire Player / Fear Will Keep Them In Line are now up. Should be awarded tonight.

EDIT: Good news! Just Like Old Times / Deep Roots are working.

Bad news! Not one single public deck qualifies for the brutally hard requirements. I had to make a private deck stocked with tons of Bajorans just to make sure the check was working correctly.

Please let me know if I'm mistaken about this; I don't know 2E very well and initially thought "Te'nari" and "Resistance Flagship" were two separate cards. But, for the moment, it looks like Gold on Just Like Old Times is still out there for the taking!

EDIT2: anguss pointed out an error in my query that meant it didn't count multiple copies of the same card -- pretty big deal. After correcting and recomputing, several decks -- more than three, less than ten -- qualify and will earn the achievement tonight.
 -  
Community Contributor
A ton of achievements should be fixed tonight:
BCSWowbagger wrote:A Long Road
Reach Any Star
Ignored Jurisdiction
Defiant Reprisal
Great Casting: Warner
Party Player
Targeting Player
Spy vs. Spy
That means there's just a handful left.

Thanks once again to anguss for his help in writing the queries for many of these.

As always, let me know if there are any problems.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
BCSWowbagger wrote:A ton of achievements should be fixed tonight:
BCSWowbagger wrote:A Long Road
Reach Any Star
Ignored Jurisdiction
Defiant Reprisal
Great Casting: Warner
Party Player
Targeting Player
Spy vs. Spy
That means there's just a handful left.

Thanks once again to anguss for his help in writing the queries for many of these.

As always, let me know if there are any problems.
I did not get the Targeting Player or Party Player achievements for playing this deck last May:
https://www.trekcc.org/tribbles/decklist ... eckID=5005

In fact, no one got the Targeting Player or Party Player achievements.
 -  
Community Contributor
Jono wrote: I did not get the Targeting Player or Party Player achievements for playing this deck last May:
https://www.trekcc.org/tribbles/decklist ... eckID=5005

In fact, no one got the Targeting Player or Party Player achievements.
Yes, so I see. Rats.

Well, the fact that your deck qualifies for the achievement means that anguss wrote the deck-check query right. I must have screwed up on the play/win-check, which is what translates from "this deck qualifies for Achievement X" to "this user gains Achievement X". Probably transposed a group ID number. I'll take a look and hopefully will be running fine tonight.

EDIT: I copy-pasted a portion of a query from a 2E achievement and forgot to update "cc_deck" to "cc_deck_tr". Fixed, should work tonight, probably.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
Don;t knwo if this is happening to others but on Saturday, in the 2e deck builder, when i was in the edit deck screen and clicked the check Achievments button it kept brining up the new deck page...
Checking ahcievments still worked fine when i had a view deck screen open though.

IT appeares to be working fine now, but just wnated to give a heads up incase it pops up agian.

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]