For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 436 posts
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Jono wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:31 pm Also, anyone know what happened to the "status bar" in the achievements. Those are the bars that tell you how close you are to completely an achievement for the Play X deck 5 times or Play X deck 10 times, etc. They are all now blank and one of the Orlando players worries he lost all his work towards the Play 5 or Play 10 achievements. He also wants to know how many more times he has to play a certain deck before unlocking the achievement.
I've just fixed a bug in that, so you should see the progress bar again.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I played a deck in my recent release event that says it is eligible for the Siege of AR-558 achievement. However, that achievement does not appear to have been awarded to me when the release achievement was earned. Any help would be appreciated.

Link to tournament
Link to deck

Also, should this thread be moved to Technical Difficulties now that such a forum exists?
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:19 pm @jadziadax8
I think I've put in a fix for this. We'll see if it awards tonight.
Thanks!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:19 pm @jadziadax8
I think I've put in a fix for this. We'll see if it awards tonight.
It went through. Thank you!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi,

I finally signed up for OP. Been building my deck for 4 days. :roll: Finally finished. Been checking achievements along the way -- no problem. But after shaving down the last few cards, my deck
All my decks gives errors when I try to see elligible achievements. Is something wrong / happening in that dept.?

(In the below code, I swapped the 5-digit deck number for "XXYYZ". It happened to all 4 decks I tried; one of which was a panic copy of my event deck.)

Mod Edit [Boffo97]: Code deleted from post now that issue is resolved.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Not sure where else to put this- but how on earth does a brand-new keyword with only a few cards get a damn Win 5 achievement, when some *actual HQs* don't even get that?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Marquetry wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:37 pm Not sure where else to put this- but how on earth does a brand-new keyword with only a few cards get a damn Win 5 achievement, when some *actual HQs* don't even get that?
My only guess is the same reason you can't get the "1e Director" and "I can run anything" achievements: The Achievement Master makes some very questionable decisions from time to time.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Armus wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:56 pm
Marquetry wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:37 pm Not sure where else to put this- but how on earth does a brand-new keyword with only a few cards get a damn Win 5 achievement, when some *actual HQs* don't even get that?
My only guess is the same reason you can't get the "1e Director" and "I can run anything" achievements: The Achievement Master makes some very questionable decisions from time to time.
Well, yes... but I was hoping there was an actual reason too, not just a "dartboard of dislike" or something similar :shifty:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Marquetry wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:48 am
Armus wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:56 pm
Well, yes... but I was hoping there was an actual reason too, not just a "dartboard of dislike" or something similar :shifty:
I put some Achievement related questions on the Director of Operations PoR Thread. Feel free to add to if you think I missed anything.

'Tis the season for the airing of nerd grievances after all, right? :wink:
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Jono wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:31 pm Regarding the "Gold Achievements", if I recall correctly, they were only supposed to last for a short period of time after being "won" for the first time. I don't remember if this was a month, three months or six months. But, I know there are several achievements still dolling out Gold over a year after they were first one.
First, apologies for not responding to this sooner; some day I'll discover why this subscription function likes to stop sending me notifications. :(

Regarding gold achievements, I too have been wanting to fix this for some time. When the gold achievements were originally transferred from the "first, single person" to "everyone within initial time frame", we still had the system resources to do large, major releases on a regular basis. As such, the gold was coded to last, essentially, "until the next big release." Because of the way we've had to navigate around low system resources and then, later, evolving towards smaller, more frequent releases, the gold hasn't refreshed, and as you noted, it is long past due.

We have a short term solution for this pending, but for the long term, I would really like this to be revised to trigger of the life of the achievement (i.e. six months after its release) rather than be dependent upon the subsequent content. While I love having larger releases, the smaller, more agile release schedule has been more manageable, and gets new content related to new cards into the system faster. While that doesn't mean we won't have large releases again, gold (and its update) should not be dependent on it or, well, anything else. We're seeing how much effort that will be to change, and what alternatives there may be. Thanks for your patience!
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Wow, that IS crazy! :D Certainly the kind of thing that seems like an error...because it was!

It was tough finding a good balance for one; small sets without an overall theme are hard to create new content for, but we like to bring something new for each release, and Chefs are fun! Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of requirements that can be tracked. I originally thought of having to play with a variety of different chefs in different decks for one achievement (it is, after all, a small requirement), but that required multiple levels to track; a lot of effort for a single, 5 point keyword. So eventually we settled on Play 5/Win 1. I don't think I would have even included the latter, but players do love their win achievements! So we kept is at a pair.

Sidebar: Did you know if you copy a "play" achievement (which nearly all start with "Play in a sanctioned..."), you can paste it, double-click on "Play" and it highlights the word AND the space, so all you have to due is type "W" and it becomes "Win a sanctioned..."? Neat time-saving spreadsheet tricks! Of course, this is best used when the Play and Win achievements are the same. In my haste, I obviously failed to change the 5 to a 1 for the Win version. Silly copy/paste errors!

I apologize for the confusion! I'll certainly make an effort to double check those before they get coded in those rare cases when they vary! Your attention to detail has saved us once again. That's the kind of eye we need looking at Rules! :wink: Thanks for calling out the obvious error so we could get that fixed ! :D

ETA: Even as I was writing this reply, I received a PM from @eberlems that the fix is already in. I've said this to him privately, but I do apologize for my oversight causing him extra coding work. Isn't he a rockstar for getting the fix in already?? Thank you, sir!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If one has earned an achievement, but the rules for it seem really weird (that's what worries me)... and later, TPTB would change those rules (and/or add different restrictions)... would the earned achievement then be revoked when eligibility is recalculated in the morning?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]