For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 436 posts
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:58 pm
SirRogue wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:51 pm
Armus wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:03 pm So I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but adding Staffing Shortage to a dilemma pile breaks the Skilled Labor achievement even though it would appear to be a skill dilemma under current rules.

Is that an issue with the achievement or am I misinterpreting what a skill dilemma is under current rules?
A good question. It is likely this was coded to match however the ruling was at the time (which from your statement sounds like it is different from the "current rules". Because of the nature of the dilemma code structure as I understand it, we cannot change the requirements of an achievement from a fixed point moving forward. Any changes made affect everyone who have ever achieved it. Given that the achievement dates back to 2011, it seems unwise to go in to make changes to grant access to a few more dilemmas.

tl;dr, consider it a feature, play as written.
...other current-rules skill dilemmas seem to work with the achievement just fine (e.g., "Rapid Progress") which was NOT originally a skill dilemma)...I'm wondering if the wording of Staffing Shortage itself is the issue, as it is a bit unique...
I could certainly see there being an argument for whether the latter is "skill" dilemma, since it doesn't actually require a specific skill, just that you be extra good at...anything (Rapid Progress does at least require skills, you just have to do some work to find out which ones). A discussion that I'm sure has made the rounds in rules.
I'm also wondering if it's a database thing, where SS isn't properly coded as a "skill dilemma" ... which would also affect the achievement.
That is also possible, in which case, if it is a matter of amending the database to be inline with rules and not having to affect the achievement code itself, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . That's more of a @eberlems question though (which is I'm sure why you tagged him).
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
eberlems wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:10 pm just went over dilemmas with the word "skill" and in bold and changed them to be skill dilemmas.
Thank you sir! :cheersR: :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Cool! Looks like we've all done something to make the game better for everyone today!

Great work, team!! :cheersL:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Now that The Ultimate User is banned, is there any chance that you will remove it from the requirements for TNG Borg Victor? I played this deck while TUU is banned and as a result don't get credit for it despite it still being an otherwise [1E-TNG] [Bor] deck. You could change it to:

... a deck containing Continuing Mission, only Borg facilities, only personnel and ships with the Star Trek: The Next Generation or Star Trek: Generations property logo, and only Borg personnel and ships.

When TUU is unbanned either with or without errata, it still still likely to be used with Continuing Mission in the [1E-TNG] [Bor] deck, but it doesn't have to be, as my deck shows.
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:03 pm Now that The Ultimate User is banned, is there any chance that you will remove it from the requirements for TNG Borg Victor? I played this deck while TUU is banned and as a result don't get credit for it despite it still being an otherwise [1E-TNG] [Bor] deck. You could change it to:

... a deck containing Continuing Mission, only Borg facilities, only personnel and ships with the Star Trek: The Next Generation or Star Trek: Generations property logo, and only Borg personnel and ships.

When TUU is unbanned either with or without errata, it still still likely to be used with Continuing Mission in the [1E-TNG] [Bor] deck, but it doesn't have to be, as my deck shows.
Since the team has said they are actively working on a solution, we will wait until they land on something more final than a temporary ban, lest we have to change it, then change it again after the errata is established. Once a more long-term solution is in place, we will of course amend achievements to accommodate.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
SirRogue wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:10 pm
Professor Scott wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:03 pm Now that The Ultimate User is banned, is there any chance that you will remove it from the requirements for TNG Borg Victor? I played this deck while TUU is banned and as a result don't get credit for it despite it still being an otherwise [1E-TNG] [Bor] deck. You could change it to:

Since the team has said they are actively working on a solution, we will wait until they land on something more final than a temporary ban, lest we have to change it, then change it again after the errata is established. Once a more long-term solution is in place, we will of course amend achievements to accommodate.
I totally get that, my only concern is that even when the ban is lifted, this achievement forces [1E-TNG] [Bor] to use TUU. I am hoping to show that choosing NOT to use it in order to download drones is a viable option for [1E-TNG] [Bor], and I hate that those that choose to not use TUU are unable to get the TNG Borg Achievements.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Last night I got the 5x5 Achievement in Tuesday Night Tribbles. The deck I played with should have also earned me the No Big and Go Home achievement, since I had no 100k Tribbles in the deck. However, I was not awarded that achievement. Any thoughts on why?
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:20 pm Is there a reason that the Hold on to What We Have and Against Overwhelming Opposition achievements haven't been updated to include Quatal Prime?

Or is it just the description that needs updated?

Thanks! :cheersL:
Thanks for pointing that out, we'll take a look at it today.
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:47 am Last night I got the 5x5 Achievement in Tuesday Night Tribbles. The deck I played with should have also earned me the No Big and Go Home achievement, since I had no 100k Tribbles in the deck. However, I was not awarded that achievement. Any thoughts on why?
That is strange; the deck checker even shows it as qualifying for that achievement. I'll have to defer to Markus on this one...
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
SirRogue wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:01 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:47 am Last night I got the 5x5 Achievement in Tuesday Night Tribbles. The deck I played with should have also earned me the No Big and Go Home achievement, since I had no 100k Tribbles in the deck. However, I was not awarded that achievement. Any thoughts on why?
That is strange; the deck checker even shows it as qualifying for that achievement. I'll have to defer to Markus on this one...
Thanks for taking a look. I await @eberlems’ analysis.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
@SirRogue I am trying to figure out why I have not received the Battle Stations Victor: Federation Achievement yet?

I got Battle Stations Player: Federation which posted over 24 hours ago and I won the tournament. I know often the victor takes 24 hours after the Player achievement, but that time has since elapsed.

I got TNG Movie Player and Victor from the same event and both show up.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation