For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 436 posts
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:06 pm If one has earned an achievement, but the rules for it seem really weird (that's what worries me)... and later, TPTB would change those rules (and/or add different restrictions)... would the earned achievement then be revoked when eligibility is recalculated in the morning?
Hi! Yes, occasionally a situation arises where we need to adjust the requirements of an achievement. If that occurs, we usually run a test to see how many people will lose the achievement under the adjusted requirements. Sometimes, if it's too many people, we'll try something different. Sometimes, if the people losing it are doing so because they only got it because the requirements were "off" or afforded an illogical loop hole, then we move forward. In cases where people will lose achievements, I tend to contact them personally to let them know why. If we are closing a loop hole or doing some other fix that means someone is losing an achievement they shouldn't have really earned in the first place by the spirit of the achievement, players are generally very understanding. I really appreciate this, since it can be difficult to come at every achievement from every angle and make sure they are foolproof. Sometimes we do need to make adjustments like this, and we appreciate the patience of the community when that occurs!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:06 pm If one has earned an achievement, but the rules for it seem really weird (that's what worries me)... and later, TPTB would change those rules (and/or add different restrictions)... would the earned achievement then be revoked when eligibility is recalculated in the morning?
Yes. That already happens.

I lost the "Play all Deep Space 9" achievement because while that achievement allows exceptions for [Ref] cards, the errata to Wake of the Borg left me with a non- [Ref] TNG card in that deck (that I played in 2017) and uncoupled me from the achievement.

Sometimes changes are warranted though. I won't get on my soapbox here, but it's still really dumb that despite earning all of the "current" 1e TD achievements, I don't get the "1e Director" achievement - and by extension the "I can run anything" achievement, which is worth 25(!) Achievement points - because the now-expired "Revised Director" and "X-List Director" achievements are still attached to it. Fixing the code on that one would be a good thing.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:51 pm
AllenGould wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:43 pm Is it possible to make an "I Got Robbed" achievement, that you earn by losing a different one?
sounds easy.
Points -5?
:shifty:
Nice...:lol:

Or, Armus, you could run a tourney each with those formats; politely ask that no-one join the gig but, say, me; and we'll get you those achievements with 2 or 4 games. 8) I'd perhaps even do that for you. Probably, others would, as well. :P
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
SudenKapala wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:13 pm Or, Armus, you could run a tourney each with those formats; politely ask that no-one join the gig but, say, me; and we'll get you those achievements with 2 or 4 games. 8) I'd perhaps even do that for you. Probably, others would, as well. :P
I know this might have been a joke, but there are problems with this. You can't run X-list or Revised tournaments any more, as you can't flag them in the system as such. They also need to be sanctioned, so you need at least 3 people to play, if you could schedule them in the system.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The part that may have implied that I might think it a realistic idea was probably a joke. I might have wanted to help out, given time, though. But not with 3 rounds! :lol:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Your avatar, with the... sportman (or actor? Or both?)... is that Captain Obvious? :lol:

I had 18 dilemmas in my seed deck. All of them DS9. Then I noticed: no achievement. I spend time finding out which one breaks the achievement. Put in other version. Should I then not report it and let other Ach-hunters fend for themselves? :shifty:
Or do I report it, and let you have your opportunity at a free comment, to boot? :P
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
SudenKapala wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:19 pm Your avatar, with the... sportman (or actor? Or both?)... is that Captain Obvious? :lol:
It's Hulk Hogan (of 1980s American Wrestling fame) with @Armus' face photoshopped onto him.
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:33 pm FYI: A fast ship would be nice -- one of the versions breaks the DS9 Problems achievement.
Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the heads-up! I'm sure Markus will take a look when he has a moment. I've made a note of it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:24 pm
SudenKapala wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:19 pm Your avatar, with the... sportman (or actor? Or both?)... is that Captain Obvious? :lol:
It's Hulk Hogan (of 1980s American Wrestling fame) with @Armus' face photoshopped onto him.
Not just my face. Check out that right hand!

@prylardurden does great work.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation