I can't promise daily updates, but I think Johnny Holeva has done a great job lifting the veil on his CC work and has been a model of transparency, so I will try to do the same. When I do things, I'll let you know about them. Also, when I break things, which I do constantly, you'll know how I got there.
1. The achievements system is a breathtaking piece of work behind the scenes that obviously involved a breathtaking amount of work to create and maintain. I'm amazed that Maelwys has borne this burden, apparently all on his own, for as many years as he has. Good gracious. I'm still stunned. However grateful you are to Maelwys already, it's not enough. Every time I peel back a layer of this website I find monumental amounts of hard work, but none moreso than the achievements system.
2. The problem, once I looked in the database for achievements that went into effect in May 2016, was pretty obvious: they're all in there, but the database queries they rely on to actually detect decks and victories were never written. As far as I can tell, that's the only problem here: the May Achievements are all missing a crucial component.
3. To test my theory, I am writing SQL for two achievements today: Replicant Player and Do Tribbles Dream of Electric Sheep? (which is the "win a tournament with" version of Replicant Player). If I am successful, everyone eligible for these achievements will receive them overnight. I chose this group partly because it's a very simple achievement, but mostly because CrimsonRavage was the only person to give me an actual deck ID to work with. Thanks, Crimson: enjoy your 5-point reward tonight. (Hopefully!)
4. If that works, we'll go forward from there. Slowly.
5. Matt, did the people who were improperly awarded achievements earlier this week have them revoked when the job ran last night? They should have been, if I read the code correctly, I wasn't able to find an example to check in time.
6. Due to a typo ("=" instead of "==") you were all achievement admins from midnight last night until 10 AM this morning. Thanks, edgeofhearing, for letting me know about it. Fixed now.
Rules Manager | Official Rulings in blue
. All else opinion. | Rules Archive
"We pledge our loyalty to the Glossary from now until death."
"Then receive this reward from the Glossary. May it keep you strong."