For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 436 posts
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
edgeofhearing wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:46 am I'm mildly amused that this deck qualifies for Bajoran Player but not Ferengi Player (or Ferengi TNG Player).

I do have an achievement that @The Ninja Scot doesn't after playing that deck though!
Haven't gotten around to playing with Data's Head and Body yet. Probably won't after this weekend either...

Michael
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:46 am I'm mildly amused that this deck qualifies for Bajoran Player but not Ferengi Player (or Ferengi TNG Player).
That does seem like a bug, given you are not only missing "a majority" of Bajoran personnel and ships, I fail to see any at all! :o I know there are complications where DS9 is concerned, since the affiliation achievements look at facilities, but I think we also made the Ferengi Trading Post achievement-neutral since it can basically be used by anyone and everyone.

Perhaps @eberlems can shed some light.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
SirRogue wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:29 pm
That does seem like a bug, given you are not only missing "a majority" of Bajoran personnel and ships, I fail to see any at all! :o I know there are complications where DS9 is concerned, since the affiliation achievements look at facilities, but I think we also made the Ferengi Trading Post achievement-neutral since it can basically be used by anyone and everyone.

Perhaps @eberlems can shed some light.
For affiliations, the cards that allow reporting count. DS9 for [Baj] and Ferengi Trading Post is too generic.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Is there not a release achievement for The Menagerie? I’m not seeing one in the system.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
eberlems wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:38 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:30 pm Is there not a release achievement for The Menagerie? I’m not seeing one in the system.
The Menagerie Release
Thanks!

I’m sad I missed this window by one week, since my local was the next weekend. Oh well!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I would think we would want to encourage local play. If it's only a week, couldn't the window be extended, even if all eligible in that tournament get black text not gold?
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:48 pm I would think we would want to encourage local play. If it's only a week, couldn't the window be extended, even if all eligible in that tournament get black text not gold?
They did extend it to a two-month window from just the weekend after legality. I think that’s honestly more than enough. I would have had this one if I wasn’t so nice and dropped out of my online release event so there wouldn’t be a Bye. :shifty:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:53 am I just noticed that the Voyager Beginner Deck doesn't qualify for Voyager Player. I suspect that's because it uses the Borderless Voyager and that interferes with the achievement in some way.
It's because of the lack of Finding Our Way

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but adding Staffing Shortage to a dilemma pile breaks the Skilled Labor achievement even though it would appear to be a skill dilemma under current rules.

Is that an issue with the achievement or am I misinterpreting what a skill dilemma is under current rules?

Thanks!

@edgeofhearing
@eberlems
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:03 pm So I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but adding Staffing Shortage to a dilemma pile breaks the Skilled Labor achievement even though it would appear to be a skill dilemma under current rules.

Is that an issue with the achievement or am I misinterpreting what a skill dilemma is under current rules?
A good question. It is likely this was coded to match however the ruling was at the time (which from your statement sounds like it is different from the "current rules". Because of the nature of the dilemma code structure as I understand it, we cannot change the requirements of an achievement from a fixed point moving forward. Any changes made affect everyone who have ever achieved it. Given that the achievement dates back to 2011, it seems unwise to go in to make changes to grant access to a few more dilemmas.

tl;dr, consider it a feature, play as written.
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
SirRogue wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:51 pm
Armus wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:03 pm So I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but adding Staffing Shortage to a dilemma pile breaks the Skilled Labor achievement even though it would appear to be a skill dilemma under current rules.

A good question. It is likely this was coded to match however the ruling was at the time (which from your statement sounds like it is different from the current rules. Because of the nature of the dilemma code structure as I understand it, we cannot change the requirements of an achievement from a fixed point moving forward. Any changes made affect everyone who have ever achieved it. Given that the achievement dates back to 2011, it seems unwise to go in to make changes to grant access to a few more dilemmas.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
SirRogue wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:51 pm

A good question. It is likely this was coded to match however the ruling was at the time (which from your statement sounds like it is different from the "current rules". Because of the nature of the dilemma code structure as I understand it, we cannot change the requirements of an achievement from a fixed point moving forward. Any changes made affect everyone who have ever achieved it. Given that the achievement dates back to 2011, it seems unwise to go in to make changes to grant access to a few more dilemmas.

Fair enough, but I will point out that other current-rules skill dilemmas seem to work with the achievement just fine (e.g., "Rapid Progress") which was NOT originally a skill dilemma but has been for the last 8+ years).

I'm wondering if the wording of Staffing Shortage itself is the issue, as it is a bit unique...

I'm also wondering if it's a database thing, where SS isn't properly coded as a "skill dilemma" ... which would also affect the achievement.

Either way, it's not a dealbreaker, just one marginal dilemma off the board.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]