For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 436 posts

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
So how did 5 of us get the New Civilizations Achievement (which requires seeding New Civilizations and other requirements in a sanctioned 1e tournament), but only 1 of us got Opening Monologue: And New Civilizations (which only requires seeding New Civilizations in a sanctioned 1e tournament)?

By the same token, how come @The Ninja Scot, who is the 1 referenced above credited for Seeking Out, which is the win version of New Civilizations but not credited for Mission Statement: And New Civilizations?

I am sure he would enjoyed getting the achievement he earned.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:14 pm So how did 5 of us get the New Civilizations Achievement (which requires seeding New Civilizations and other requirements in a sanctioned 1e tournament), but only 1 of us got Opening Monologue: And New Civilizations (which only requires seeding New Civilizations in a sanctioned 1e tournament)?

By the same token, how come @The Ninja Scot, who is the 1 referenced above credited for Seeking Out, which is the win version of New Civilizations but not credited for Mission Statement: And New Civilizations?

I am sure he would enjoyed getting the achievement he earned.
I haven't checked each deck, but it might be the starting date of these achievements.
New Civilizations started 2020-10-23
Opening Monologue: And New Civilizations started 2021-02-03

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
OK that makes sense. 2 of the 5 got New Civ after 2/3/21- @SirDan on 2/9 and
@BCSWowbagger on 2/20 respectively. @The Ninja Scot and I got ours in Dec 20. TNS got Seeking Out at that time as well.

TNS got his Monologue on 2/20 so not sure why the BCS above didn't also. Also not sure why the Sir Dan didn't either considering 2/3 start date.

This at least explains why I didn't get it and why TNS didn't get the Mission Statement as he did not win that tournament.

I got my answer but still might be worth investigating why Sir Dan and BCS didn't the achievement.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
@eberlems can you look into why I am not credited with Opening Monologue? I have gold status on all the Opening Monologue Sub-achievements . The Ninja Scot has completed all of them as well and he was this achievement which he completed on 5/18 and I don't see any timer on it.

Also the text on it appears to be wrong as the achievement says:

Earn all the Opening Monologue sub-achievements. but the mouse-over says:

Earn all the Mission Statement sub-achievements by playing decks that collectively use all of the cards making up the Star Trek opening monologue. Shouldn't that say Opening Monologue not Mission Statement

Whereas the Mission Statement achievement says:

Earn all the Mission Statement sub-achievements. and it's mouse-over says:

Earn all the Mission Statement sub-achievements by playing decks that collectively use all of the cards making up the opening mission statement of Starfleet.

The NinjaScot has not yet gotten all on the Mission Statement sub-achievements, in fact no one yet has, so I know that is not why he got the Opening Monologue credit.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:51 am @eberlems can you look into why I am not credited with Opening Monologue? I have gold status on all the Opening Monologue Sub-achievements . The Ninja Scot has completed all of them as well and he was this achievement which he completed on 5/18 and I don't see any timer on it.

Also the text on it appears to be wrong as the achievement says:

Earn all the Opening Monologue sub-achievements. but the mouse-over says:

Earn all the Mission Statement sub-achievements by playing decks that collectively use all of the cards making up the Star Trek opening monologue. Shouldn't that say Opening Monologue not Mission Statement

Whereas the Mission Statement achievement says:

Earn all the Mission Statement sub-achievements. and it's mouse-over says:

Earn all the Mission Statement sub-achievements by playing decks that collectively use all of the cards making up the opening mission statement of Starfleet.

The NinjaScot has not yet gotten all on the Mission Statement sub-achievements, in fact no one yet has, so I know that is not why he got the Opening Monologue credit.
Mission Statement to Opening Monologue changed.
It looks like the last Opening Monologue achievement was awared today. The check for a complete set is before the individual ones, so It should be awared in ~12h.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
As always, thanks for the speedy clarification @eberlems. You do great work!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:24 am As always, thanks for the speedy clarification @eberlems. You do great work!
Indeed. :thumbsup:
Also, Keii, early congrats with that nifty achievement! :cheersL: (I got me 1 or 2 of the sub-ones, but at great ratings cost... :mrgreen: )

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
SudenKapala wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:35 pm
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:24 am As always, thanks for the speedy clarification @eberlems. You do great work!
Indeed. :thumbsup:
Also, Keii, early congrats with that nifty achievement! :cheersL: (I got me 1 or 2 of the sub-ones, but at great ratings cost... :mrgreen: )
Thanks, fortunately for me I was pretty middle of the pack so it didn't cost much. I did it with 2 decks.

TOS Monologue

and

TNG Fed for DoW Release.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
For the Chair's Challenge achievements, I see ones listed for You Are of Bajor 2E and You Are of Bajor Tribbles, but I don't see a corresponding one for 1E. Was this supposed to be its link?

@SirRogue
@eberlems
@JeBuS

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Now that 2E has a Rollins, can we get Good Casting:/Great Casting: achievements for Scott MacDonald?

North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
So, the new Equinox achievement doesn't match with what the text says:

Play in a sanctioned, constructed, complete card pool Second Edition tournament with a deck that contains at least U.S.S. Equinox, no U.S.S. Voyager, at least 8 Nucleogenic cards, a majority of non-[Fut] [Voy] Treachery personnel and no other personnel unless they are Non-Aligned.

Currently, any Fed non-Treachery personnel and any [Fut] Federation personnel nullifies this achievement, even if they can play to the ship (such as Cardassian Seska, Future Harry Kim, etc.) A majority suggests that, as long as it's not every [Fut] [Voy] personnel, you can add some in which is not currently the case.

Perhaps the wording should be (if this was the intent) -

Play in a sanctioned, constructed, complete card pool Second Edition tournament with a Voyager deck (as per the Voyager Player definition) with U.S.S. Equinox, no U.S.S. Voyager, at least 8 Nucleogenic cards and only non- [Fut] [Voy] and [NA] personnel

Also, an update to the Voyager player achievement might be needed (as it currently requires Finding Our Way) due to the new Badlands mission.

Just some thoughts,
Michael
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:41 pm So, the new Equinox achievement doesn't match with what the text says:

Play in a sanctioned, constructed, complete card pool Second Edition tournament with a deck that contains at least U.S.S. Equinox, no U.S.S. Voyager, at least 8 Nucleogenic cards, a majority of non-[Fut] [Voy] Treachery personnel and no other personnel unless they are Non-Aligned.

Currently, any Fed non-Treachery personnel and any [Fut] Federation personnel nullifies this achievement, even if they can play to the ship (such as Cardassian Seska, Future Harry Kim, etc.) A majority suggests that, as long as it's not every [Fut] [Voy] personnel, you can add some in which is not currently the case.

Play in a sanctioned, constructed, complete card pool Second Edition tournament with a Voyager deck (as per the Voyager Player definition) with U.S.S. Equinox, no U.S.S. Voyager, at least 8 Nucleogenic cards and only non- [Fut] [Voy] and [NA] personnel

Also, an update to the Voyager player achievement might be needed (as it currently requires Finding Our Way) due to the new Badlands mission.

Just some thoughts,
Michael
Thanks for the feedback, Michael.

It actually sounds like it is mostly working as intended; you can use [Voy] Treachery personnel (as long as they don't also have [Fut]) and [NA] Personnel; that's it ("no other personnel"). The usual "majority" working is only there to make sure the [NA] don't outnumber the others. So having [Fut] will break it. Having a non-Treachery personnel who isn't [NA] will break it. Having non- [Fed] [Voy] Treachery (i.e. Cardassian Seska) should not break it, though, so that's something we'll have to look at.

Thank you for pointing out the Voyager player caveat; you are correct, we'll need to amend that to accommodate Plasma Storm Depths. Thanks!
Last edited by SirRogue on Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Danny wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:40 am Now that 2E has a Rollins, can we get Good Casting:/Great Casting: achievements for Scott MacDonald?
Scott is definitely already on the list of potentials. It's amazing how many actors there are that have played multiple roles in Star Trek!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
SirRogue wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:02 pm
The Ninja Scot wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:41 pm So, the new Equinox achievement doesn't match with what the text says:

Just some thoughts,
Michael
Thanks for the feedback, Michael.

It actually sounds like it is mostly working as intended; you can use [Voy] Treachery personnel (as long as they don't also have [Fut]) and [NA] Personnel; that's it ("no other personnel"). The usual "majority" working is only there to make sure the [NA] don't outnumber the others. So having [Fut] will break it. Having a non-Treachery personnel who isn't [NA] will break it. Having non- [Fed] [Voy] Treachery (i.e. Cardassian Seska) should not break it, though, so that's something we'll have to look at.

Thank you for pointing out the Voyager player caveat; you are correct, we'll need to amend that to also count Equinox decks. Adding that to the queue.
So why exactly do [Fut] [Fed] [Voy] Revised Holograms with Treachery break an Equinox achievement?

Isn't the whole premise of Equinox that [Fed] [Voy] Treachery personnel all show up and work together to force their way home? Why *wouldn't* the tyrannical Revised crew not be down for that?

Makes zero sense to me... :?
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark's[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]