For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 850 posts

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:Off topic but semi-relevant, but the new She-Ra is well worth watching.
This is a true fact. My daughter and I have been watching it, and we've been enjoying it so much that we needed to make some lego figures for it:
Thats so sweet :)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote:Off topic but semi-relevant, but the new She-Ra is well worth watching.

-crp
BTW, there's a thread for that.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:
This is a true fact. My daughter and I have been watching it, and we've been enjoying it so much that we needed to make some lego figures for it:
I thought these were supposed to be Discovery figures and I was SO CONFUSED

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
This is actually capturing the essence of the show very nicely...
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Finally found Discovery on Netflix and did a binge watch.

Is it weird that I think the "Star Trek" parts were the weakest bits of the show? As in, if they'd pulled an Orville and just scrubbed the serial numbers off (and thus didn't need to keep alternatively slaving to and dodging canon), it would have been a much better show?

Still enjoyed it - just noticed by the end that all the people and plots I enjoyed were the "new" stuff. (And Michelle Yeoh is having entirely too much fun, which is great to see.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:This is actually capturing the essence of the show very nicely...

I had more difficulty getting through those four minutes of the video than through season 2... :D
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
So, they're trying to figure out how to get Pike/#1/Spock back on TV, and it reminds me of
this xkcd.

Wonder who it is at CBS who just assumes that the three-year TOS series is the one to keep rebooting (rather than the three TNG-era shows that ran *seven* seasons)?

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
A Cardie and a Morn guy in the new trailer...
FB_IMG_1570307959138.jpg
FB_IMG_1570307959138.jpg (14.44 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
Last edited by sexecutioner on Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:...who just assumes that the three-year TOS series is the one to keep rebooting (rather than the three TNG-era shows that ran *seven* seasons)?
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :shifty: :roll:
sexecutioner wrote:A Carrie and a Morn guy in the new trailer...
FB_IMG_1570307959138.jpg
Cool! I always like reuse of the (many) existing races, instead of creating endless new ones. :thumbsup:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Another year has gone by, just finished season 2 after watching it on dvd.

Glad that this time it's only 14 pages of nerds impotently bitching that they didn't do things how they would have done it.

Im giving this season an A. Unlike niall im disappointed that control wasn't the Borg progenitor. With all the focus on time travel, seems like "how about we just send this ahole back 1200 years and into the delta quadrant" was right there, even if accidental... like follows them into the wormhole but without navigation and Leland ends up in a different place. But all in all I really enjoyed it.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Did anyone watch the first episode of the new season?

No spoilers, but although I had to get used to the new situation, it felt refreshing and very nicely done. Will be great to see what they can do now they're not tied to fit in the 'prequel'-frame. And I loved how it was about adventure and hope, with some fun sprinkled in, that's what Trek should be I think. And the scenery and visuals looked absolutely awesome.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I haven't watched, but I heard the S3 premiere described to me as Star Trek: Firefly.

Can't confirm if true or not so take that for whatever you think it's worth.

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:48 am I haven't watched, but I heard the S3 premiere described to me as Star Trek: Firefly.

Can't confirm if true or not so take that for whatever you think it's worth.
I saw it as Star Trek: Jericho.

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]