For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 850 posts

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:What? Really???

Things change with time?

Ooooh, you won´t like the new Picard!

mememe, why can´t everything stay the same mememe
No, you of all people don’t get to complain about nerds wanting their own opinions to be the only one that’s allowed. I won’t allow it.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Ahh, some more really great fun. If you liked Quinto's Spock, you probably liked Peck's as well. He used Nimoy as an example, but started his own spin on it. This was no pale imitation. You got a sense of how close he is with Pike during their scene together and it makes sense that Spock would alter pull out all the stops when their roles were reversed. There was also a nice 'fight' scene.

Mount is knocking it out of the park as Pike. His scene with Vina was perfect and he totally sold that he is the same character from the pilot. This is a cream filling between The Cage and The Menagerie, and you can tell everyone was working to sell it.

Tyler and Culber had a little scuffle of their own, and Saru had a great line about the situation. He's coming more into his own after the change and Pike is doing his best to handle it.
monty42 wrote:Discovery is a sequel to Enterprise and a prequel to DS9.
They completely changed the way that Section 31 is portrayed in both the prequel and the sequel.
It's been one hundred years between wither of these two. Not even totalitarian regimes and brutal dictatorships can have that kind of consistency. We've seen Admiral Ross and other uniformed people in DS9 and Harris was an admiral as well. Plus, having a subversive intelligence operation is kind of blunt if they don't have teeth.
monty42 wrote:Again Discovery is doing fan service wrong!

Attention to detail! Discovery fails horribly at it and that is what pisses me off the most because it is something that can very easily be cured by doing your homework.
They had a huge opening flashing back to the original pilot and had specific callbacks to it.

How did we all make it through The Next Generation when Data suddenly couldn't use contractions? Did we all walk out of the theater when Tom Holland came on screen because he didn't look anything like Andrew Garfield? A Star is Born sucked because Judy Garland and Lady Gaga weren't the same.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Fucking Daystrom quality control leaves a lot to be desired.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
bhosp wrote:Fucking Daystrom quality control leaves a lot to be desired.
Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
HOLY SHIT AIRIUM TOOK LIKE EIGHT FUCKING PHASER SHOTS AND DIDN'T BUDGE!!!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Yeah so there's like this robot lady that can't be stopped by a shitload of phaser blasts... ouh, let's try Kung Fu! :shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Also they missed a great opportunity to build in some Captain Kirk karate chops there...

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
monty42 wrote:Yeah so there's like this robot lady that can't be stopped by a shitload of phaser blasts... ouh, let's try Kung Fu! :shifty:
Don't diss the deadly Kirk-Fu 'Double handed head slap' move. It worked on the Gorn, kinda worked on Airium, I think. :shifty:

Btw, we should sell tickets at Vienna for the event the entire world has been waiting for: Ben and Sex drunkenly arguing about Nu Trek.

Imagine the island we could buy with the profits!

Though lets organise it BEFORE your no-holds-barred civil discussion with Nerdo. :wink:
Last edited by sexecutioner on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:Yeah so there's like this robot lady that can't be stopped by a shitload of phaser blasts... ouh, let's try Kung Fu! :shifty:
Nothing worked until she did a canonical Kirk Punch. If do right, no can defend.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
monty42 wrote:Also they missed a great opportunity to build in some Captain Kirk karate chops there...
YES!

More karate chops please!

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:Also they missed a great opportunity to build in some Captain Kirk karate chops there...
Yeah Niall’s right. You missed the Patented Kirk Ear Box. Bro do you even TOS?

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I did lol pretty hard when Michael literally did the “cowboy punches robot” “ow my hand” trope.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
bhosp wrote:
Yeah Niall’s right. You missed the Patented Kirk Ear Box. Bro do you even TOS?
In the UK, we also call it getting Tangoed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CroeBR_xMQY

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
sexecutioner wrote:Btw, we should sell tickets at Vienna for the event the entire world has been waiting for: Ben and Sex drunkenly arguing about Nu Trek.

Though lets organise it BEFORE your no-holds-barred civil discussion with Nerdo. :wink:
Damn I hope there'll still be some time to play trek...

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
monty42 wrote:
sexecutioner wrote:Btw, we should sell tickets at Vienna for the event the entire world has been waiting for: Ben and Sex drunkenly arguing about Nu Trek.

Damn I hope there'll still be some time to play trek...
Time to play trek?

My plan is to crash out of day one of 1E and not remember any other games I play.

I might flash MVB occasionally also.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]