For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 850 posts

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Short Treks are now on Netflix for the UK people. :)

Runaway - 6.5/10, still fun though and great to see the computer being a complete tool.
Calypso - 10/10, yeah, wowsy stuff. Great piece of Sci-Fi.
Brightest Star - 7.5/10, not what you'll expect from Saru's homeworld, but I'm ok with it.
Escape Artist - 9/10, fun. Jippers on a beach! Awesome Tellarite :D

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Damn, still waiting on Netflix Austria.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Damn, still waiting on Netflix Austria.
They're rolling them out throughout the day to different countries I think.

Try looking in the episode selection, below the trailers. Apparently they're not easy to find.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:Try looking in the episode selection, below the trailers. Apparently they're not easy to find.
YESSSSS!

You´re my hero! Thank you very much, mate. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:Short Treks are now on Netflix for the UK people. :)

Runaway - 6.5/10, still fun though and great to see the computer being a complete tool.
Calypso - 10/10, yeah, wowsy stuff. Great piece of Sci-Fi.
Brightest Star - 7.5/10, not what you'll expect from Saru's homeworld, but I'm ok with it.
Escape Artist - 9/10, fun. Jippers on a beach! Awesome Tellarite :D
The problem with Calypso is people will be treating it as a prophecy that has to come true.

Escape Artist gave us what I’m assuming until someone tells me otherwise was a Disco-fied Breen suit *and* a Disco-fied Ferengi female.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
sexecutioner wrote:Try looking in the episode selection, below the trailers. Apparently they're not easy to find.
YESSSSS!

You´re my hero! Thank you very much, mate. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The CBS All-Access service and user interface remains the absolute worst thing about Discovery.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
bhosp wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
YESSSSS!

The CBS All-Access service and user interface remains the absolute worst thing about Discovery.
We're all Trek nerds so we're fairly tech savvy. There has to be someone at CBS with the knowledge and know-how. Why is this so hard to nail down. It's not like we can't find the content we're looking for or anything...

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:
bhosp wrote:
We're all Trek nerds so we're fairly tech savvy. There has to be someone at CBS with the knowledge and know-how. Why is this so hard to nail down. It's not like we can't find the content we're looking for or anything...
UI Design is difficult, but it’s often treated like a trivial afterthought in the IT world.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Our company used to have in-house UI/UX designers, who gave us very nice wireframes for our applications using expert UI science. We adored them.

But the company decided they weren't really an important part of the process, moved them to another division, reorged the team, drove them to leave, and didn't replace them.

Now us developers have to come up with all the UI on our own. Sure, I have a copy of Don't Make Me Think on my shelf, but you can imagine how much harder my applications are to use now that I don't have a non-engineer looking over my shoulder telling me how an end user will see it.

Thank goodness we're transitioning into mostly building APIs now.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Our company used to have in-house UI/UX designers, who gave us very nice wireframes for our applications using expert UI science. We adored them.

But the company decided they weren't really an important part of the process, moved them to another division, reorged the team, drove them to leave, and didn't replace them.

Now us developers have to come up with all the UI on our own. Sure, I have a copy of Don't Make Me Think on my shelf, but you can imagine how much harder my applications are to use now that I don't have a non-engineer looking over my shoulder telling me how an end user will see it.

API’s are the software engineer’s way of saying “I like building software, but what I don’t like are all these damn users.”
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Not inaccurate!
 -  
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
API’s are the software engineer’s way of saying “I like building software, but what I don’t like are all these damn users.”
In my neck of the woods it's shorthand for "I know you're gonna copy/paste this into Excel anyway".

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I'm looking forward to season 2 with some scientific curiosity.

Like how some of the respective scientists look forward to earthquakes, tornados, volcanic eruptions... etc

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Not inaccurate!
“I like those Woodsy Alan movies, except that nervous fella’s always in ‘em!”

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:I'm looking forward to season 2 with some scientific curiosity.

Like how some of the respective scientists look forward to earthquakes, tornados, volcanic eruptions... etc
I reiterate that if immediately after Season 1 ended, I had written down a joke list of guesses about terrible ideas they’d put into Season 2 and screw everything up, about half of them would have come true by now.
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]